1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Preston Brown End

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Geo's Ice Cream Van, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

Do you remember when Jobbo came back with Oldham in 1990, he got a good reception at first, then the rest of the match he got dogs abuse off everybody!

2. djblackandamberarmy(No 4)

at the end of the day, each to there own..
    ash and brownie are and always will be 2 of my footballing heroes, they where major players and figures in some of my greatest days ....neither got chance to have a proper send off, and i will be using this as my chance to show my appreciation..
    i hope we win the game, but i will show them both the respect, before , after and during the game..i will cheer there names, and give both a standing ovation..and i dont care if i am the only one in the ground doing it, that wont stop me..and if anybody around me has a problem with it, theyl just have to deal with it..

3. MattTheTiger

MattTheTiger Well-Known Member

You won't be the only one. I'll be doing the same

4. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

I fully expect us to get three points on Saturday, quite frankly, nothing else would be good enough.

But I'm not gonna stand there and pretend I don't appreciate what Brown did for this club. There's a tendency in some to pretend that the two years in the Premiership were bad for the club and I think that's wrong.

Also, how can you enjoy the Championship if you don't want to win it? If you're not aiming to go forwards you'll only go backwards.

5. djblackandamberarmy(No 4)

when watching liverpool today, a thought came to me..look at the way Liverpool and Man United and the big clubs treat there legends..they are idolised- immortalised...at every game, you cant move at anfield or old trafford without pictures of them etc...always talked fondly about on forums, radio stations, in newspapers...
    granted these players are retired and when they did play, they won league titles etc, ..but even still Ashbees achievements for us, where every bit as impressive as ian rush goals where for liverpool etc..
    yet some of our fans still constantly slag him off...is that the difference between a big club mentality and the others?

6. doveston

doveston Active Member

your ice creams taste like ****e.

7. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

Brownie shouldn't have given people cause to slag him off DJ, then they wouldn't do it. Personally I hope he gets a great reception, and then we win the game 4-0.

8. Jobboshinpad

Jobboshinpad Active Member

I was gutted when he went, I can't remember who went first either Jobbo or Garry Parker but I felt we were at a point were the first division was almost achievable. When they left I felt very bitter!

9. djblackandamberarmy(No 4)

i was thinking more ash to be fair, i expect brown to get abuse, and i think hel partly revel in it...
    people still giving Ash grief about leaving, when he was told in no uncertain terms he was not getting a contract...he had very little choice!
    what he achieved here, is probably the equivalent to a man united captain, captaining 3 or 4 straight title victories , with a champions league trophy thrown in for good measure, and if that was the case..he would be treated like a king at old trafford..

10. Jobboshinpad

Jobboshinpad Active Member

Bit different with both Brownie and Ash, them gong was never gonna negatively influence our chances of success. so no reason to feel bitter, suppose I just don't want to give them a reason to perform and possibly take points off us!

11. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

Parker went first I think, Jobbo was one of the best defenders we've ever had so it sticks in my mind when he came back. Hope Ash gets a great reception too by the way, then limps off after 5minutes with a pulled hamstring:emoticon-0116-evilg

12. guitartrax

guitartrax Active Member

Be rude not to <cheers>

13. kemptonrocker

kemptonrocker New Member

Im with DJ theres no doubting both deserve a good reception ash more so than any ex city player/manager to ever come back.
    I think all the ground will give him the reception he deserves and geos ice cream van could be very busy having to tell everyone in the east stand his stance on it

14. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

as with any sport I play I try and destroy my opponent during the game but when the whistle goes, you shake hands and have a drink.. and so I hope the fans greet Brown & Ash warmly, then I expect City to rip PNE apart.. then we can applaud them off again.. regardless of the opponents and who works for them.. City should be too good at home although they're fighting for their lives..