1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pretend Bid Deadline day.....

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM, Jan 30, 2017.

1. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

2. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Don't need anyone, we have a cracking group of players. We'll make the customary bids for players that we have no chance of getting, but why would we spend anything now when mm is leaving at the end of the year

3. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Same charade every transfer window, bids in, targets, won't be held to ransom, blah blah, same old bollocks.

4. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Haha best article on this forum for a longggg time.

In all seriousness, not the greatest time to bid and a season going nowhere. 10 off both top 6 / bottom 3. We won't threaten play offs and surely there's three worse than us this season.

I like Mick but perhaps a poor second half to the season may see him walk in the summer and someone else have a go.

5. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

I don't think Evans wants to open the chequebook (no surprise there, I guess), but my hope is that he's saving the money to give the new man a decent war chest in the summer.

Either way, it seems a shame that the club appear to be writing off this season. Of course it's not the first time we've seen the club talk a good game about bringing in players, but ultimately finishing the transfer window by barely spending a penny. The playing squad clearly needs reinforcements and an injection of quality, such a shame that another window passes and the longstanding problems remains.

6. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Forest are in talks with Town regarding taking back Chambers....

7. Nuggets

I'm not the biggest fan of Chambers, but letting go of your club captain on transfer deadline day, in the midst of a defensive injury crisis, is just poor management. Have we forgotten the Murphy sale, and the consequences of that already? What is going on at our club these days?

8. johnnywarksmoustache

Rats deserting a sinking ship springs to mind.....!

Nuggets likes this.
  9. Nuggets

To be fair, I think both Berra and Chambers would have been released in the summer, regardless. Ageing defenders in poor form and on big wages. It's the fact we're currently short of defensive options that worries me. If we struggle in the next several games against superior opposition (on paper), then a relegation dogfight will be a feasible reality. You'd think we'd want the likes of Chambers around for that, particularly as he's apparently Mick's 'best captain ever'.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  10. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Why do we forever seem to be in the process of "clearing out" deadwood?There really is no coordinated attempt to build for the future. I despair:steam:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    johnnywarksmoustache likes this.

11. fieldmarshall

I always thought you had your replacements at least lined up before anyone was let go, we seem to the only Club that operates this half arsed policy of weakening the squad and not reinforcing, as for the transfer window we all saw this coming a month ago, rejects, non league players, and loans, it's so predictably boringly disappointing.

12. johnnywarksmoustache

Don't fret guys I am certain that Mick will unveil his marque signing sometime later today..... A reserve striker signed from Crawley Town!!! The office staff at Portman Road are just having a quick whip round in able to secure the signing,

13. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

There is no way Chambers is leaving - that's just media making **** up.
    IF he did leave though, I would suspect that MM would utilise Taylor as right back, with Digadigaman as cover for our CB's

14. johnnywarksmoustache

According to TWTD we are now being linked with a loan move for a second rate Striker from Reading!

Same old bollocks! <ok> But why are we so surprised?

fieldmarshall likes this.
  15. fieldmarshall

We've some really tough matches coming up starting tonight and what are we doing? Sodding around with second rate players that no one else wants and we are not even safe from the drop yet! It must be as obvious to Evans as it is to us that we need quality players to compete in this league, and if Newcastle are the only Club to go straight back to the Prem with three more coming down it will mean nearly half the division will on parachute money and in a different financial league to us. Wake up Evans and take a look around you, sorry I've gone back on a well worn path, so disillusioned.

16. johnnywarksmoustache

Wolves have just spunked £13 Million on one player FFS! They don't have parachute payments as far as I know.

fieldmarshall likes this.
  17. fieldmarshall

I don't think they do Jonny but the have owners who are trying to improve the squad to climb the table in order to try and get a return on their investment, it's not exactly a secret that only they know is it.

18. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

<applause>
    From Crawley Town Reserves no less.......and his name? You guessed...

Warky!!

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  19. Nuggets

Matty Taylor, the Bristol Rovers striker who has bagged a load of goals this season and was apparently linked with us, has moved to Bristol City. It is being widely reported that his release clause was £300,000.

Why didn't we go for this? I thought we would leap at that opportunity, considering he's the type of striker we've apparently been after in this window. Not to mention he's 26 and, for that price, affordable for us. Either MM and the scouting team are inept and didn't do their research or the board really are unwilling to splash the cash this window. We joke about how the club are putting in low seven figure bids for players to give off the impression that we're attempting to compete for players. Seeing how this one has apparently passed us by, I can't help but get the impression that we really are not spending money this window.

Scowey likes this.
  20. johnnywarksmoustache

<laugh>

I'm only 46 so far too young to be considered by Mr McCarthy!

San Diego likes this.