1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR got it SPOT ON this year

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by awjm, Apr 27, 2016.

1. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

I don't know why everyone is saying we look so awful. We don't! We just have high expectations. When looking back at this season, I think we are more interesting to watch under our current manager. We are certainly more interesting than we were under Redknapp. We still do play a number of boring and even some rubbish games. But there have been a higher amount of enjoyable games and passages of play under JFH. Clearly, there have been improvements, even if not vast. A full pre-season and window might make bigger imporvements.
    The 4-0 drubbing by Brighton was a symptom of what has happened to our club over a period of time. It's a kind of illness at the club where cohesion just comes apart at the seems from time to time. I think as JFH stamps his mode on the team this could and hopefully will be phased out as the club gets over it's illness.

I really don't agree with this one. Before that very season started, a lot of people (including QPR fans) were saying that the squad looked pony. No one really expected us to get anywhere. But the main reason why I disagree with the notion in your post is that we were great that season because of factors outside of bare player quality. There was a strong cohesion, good organisation, good balance, good attitude, underdog mentality, fight, the desire to win well and keep pressure on teams. These are the main qualities that will bring success. A team with all of those qualities will beat a team of better players who don't have those qualities.

And further to that... there are several players in our current squad who would definitely be good enough to get into that squad based on our opinions of that 2011 squad before the season kicked off. And after, to be honest.

2. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

All the things you mention there are spot on and I've not seen any of that this season. We have supposedly good players who have been abysmal at times and I don't see any great difference in our performances from when JFH started. The quality of our football is average at best, how many times have you left Loftus Road thinking 'that was a great performance?' We've had a couple of good wins and two or three other games where we've looked like there were 'green shoots' appearing only for subsequent games to revert to the piss-poor where we struggle to get a point against teams we should be beating.

JFH has the summer to reshape the squad and, hopefully, produce a side with some style and substance next season, but I'm not holding my breath...

3. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

"Spot on"? Never. We are 13th. Spot on means 1st after the next 2 games and we won't be there. Won't even be close. Get your big big notes out Tony and don't chuck at it at past their best pensionists this time.