1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR reject £12M bid from Leicester for Charlie Austin

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by ELLERS, Jul 3, 2015.

1. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

On SSN Breaking News
    He can do better than that. Another club who will probably get relegated next season.

aqualung likes this.
  2. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

They will be among the relegation pack again next year. Definitely could do better.

aqualung likes this.
  3. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Good. The Club can get more than that.

4. Peter Damage

Peter Damage Well-Known Member

Plenty on here were willing to cash in at £10m!! I said from the start £18m but seems certain we'll get the £15m at least

Leicester will get relegated next year so he should swerve them anyway.

****e club- soulless ground and have been fortunate to ride odd waves of momentum that i cant see them continuing to replicate

5. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh> Still bitter then...... Love it. Enjoy the slippery slope to league 1. <laugh>

FOR FUCHS SAKE likes this.
  6. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

Good luck in the Premiership with your rudderless club!! Try and get real, we KNOW we are not world beaters, your 'fans' on the other hand are as big a bunch of deluded idiots as is possible.

7. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Sure Charlie told us to do it... we owe him that.
    He does not want to go there...I suspects even he knows he is better of staying with us, than going there next year.

Come on WBA...where is that 22million for the pair

8. Devonhoop

Devonhoop Well-Known Member

Hi Beth, agree with you that he won't want to go to Leicester however with the take over deal being thrashed out at WBA over the next 6 weeks, which takes us to the start of the season, that could well put a halt to any big money deals out of the Hawthorns for a week or two restricting the number of takers for Charlie by another one.

9. superhoopseddie

You gotta read between the lines, 3 mill is nothing to TF if QPR wanted to sell they would have! But the fact is we don't want to let him go. Charlie has 12months left on his contract so he's still employed by the club. My gut instincts are that TF will take a chance and keep him in the hope we'll bounce right back! If by January it looks grim then they'll flog him for 5 or 6 mill, that's my prediction!

NorwayRanger likes this.
  10. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I think most Leicester fans would say we're not world beaters. I feel saddened that after being in the spotlight for all the right reasons at the end of the season, we have self-destructed since starting with the Thailand incident. We should be building gradually and not sacking the manager and ffs why we are putting bids for players when we don't have a manager is beyond me. Our owners seem to be getting carried away and I can see it ending in disaster. Even as a diehard Leicester fan, if I was Charlie Id laugh this off as why would he come to us in our current situation!

WBA2_QPR3, stick, sheffordqpr and 3 others like this.

11. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I won't start getting into an argument with Leicester fans but why would Charlie go there?
    Just sacked NP who took them up and saved them from a certain relegation. Will the next manager have the same affect?
    Leicester are Just another club that make the numbers up and wouldn't be a good move for Charlie.
    plus £12M for a 18 premiership goal scorer? They are having a laugh and you can see why our board have laughed at them and told them to go away.

On Charlie, he has to realise that he won't be playing in the England team next year unless 4 other players get injured and even then i think Roy will look elsewhere.

He will only sit on the bench at scum and be a forgotten man. He will also be a sub at other clubs due to some inconsistency. he should stay with us and try and get us up with a bonus if he does.
    If all goes wrong by Xmas then he can go in the January window.

I am sure there will be a few teams at the bottom of the Prem desperate for goals and will pay the money. Or was that only Harry?

12. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

The good thing is that Leicester are the first to show their hand. The auction can begin.

Interested parties can start bidding at a figure above £12m.

13. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

This is a nice, grounded assessment.

With our recruitment plans in progress, most QPR fans are once again on the up and looking forward to next season. Leicester, on the other hand, must be sinking rapidly from their well-deserved, end of season high. Charlie is worth £15 million and, as has been said, he can do better than Leicester in their current state.

14. sheffordqpr

I still think Chas will stay. Sir Les will have had a word with him and said that he can be as big a hero as himself if he does the business. Different times and a different sort of player, but we love a hero at LR don't we?

15. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Nice idea, and some truth in it. What I want to avoid is the Remy situation, where "WE" are all agahst when he left at the 11th hour.

Having said that, I think CT and Sir Les, are already planning that he is going (and if he doesn't it would be a bonus, not a disater)
    We already have Poulter and JET, Mackie, Greco-Cox...not looking too bad anyway.
    We filling up the midfield...(anyone know about Henry)

Still worried about the fragile defence though...numerically there are not enough defenders, and we haven't even started on the quality of them

16. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Not as much as they love a number 9 at Newcastle, which is where I reckon he'll end up, their marquee signing of the summer, if he has the balls for it.

17. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

Some classy comments on here, cheers lads <ok>

18. sheffordqpr

Also some crap comments. To which I lowered myself. TBH, most LCFC fans that come on here make themselves look like a bunch of plums. I should remember the adage that one bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bunch. Good luck next season, you are going to need a manager of Pearsons strength, not a lot of which exist I'm afraid. There's always Redknapp!!!:emoticon-0102-bigsm

19. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Sober and sensible assessment.

20. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

Our owners stated that we needed to strengthen our defence and midfield. Can Charlie play in those positions? No, I thought not. This smacks of a favour from our owners, just like we did for Stoke after signing Huth by making a bid foe Nzonzi. Would be shocked if we made a follow up bid unless a prospective new manager insisted that we make certain signings before they are officially appointed - and cant see that at all. Good luck next season.