1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR reject £12M bid from Leicester for Charlie Austin

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by ELLERS, Jul 3, 2015.

1. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

...my point my dear chap is that areour squad has been strengthened... did it nit even enter your narrow mind that we finished well because we 'acclimatised' ... every reason for thinking we might improve on last season ...

2. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

He won't go to Leicester so don't get excited.

3. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

He's had a taste of London now. Do you really think that he would go to some place like Leicester now?

4. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Was the QPR transfer after hitting 25 goals for Burnley "fitting" then? <laugh>

He'll go to the best place that can improve his England chances while also maintaining his hefty wage.

You're deluded if you think otherwise.

Whether that club is Leicester remains to be seen. But I don't see why we're a more or less attractive proposition than the likes of West Ham and Newcaslte though. I think it's even.

5. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

<laugh> funniest post I've seen for ages .... if its good enough for Esteban Cambiasson it's good enough ... wait ... actually it's way too good ...<laugh> ...

6. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

... believe me I'm not ... was quite surprised that we are being linked ...if we get him and he proves a hit all well and good but I'd much rather we got our other reported target of the day, N'Golo Kante .... the maximum we conceded in any league game last season was 3 and the largest losing margin was 2 ... Kante would help improve that and towards the end of the season we were having little problem scoring goals ... I suspect that part of the reason behind the bid, particularly in the wake of Nigel Pearson's sacking is a statement of serious intent by the Board ... we are here, we aim to stay and we are not afraid to bid big money to get what we want etc ...

7. Jimbo ranger

Jimbo ranger Active Member

Out of desperation

8. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

... appears to be a common theme for him <whistle> ...

9. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

He couldn't be desperate enough to go to Leicester.

10. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

If come the end of August he has a choice of QPR or Leicester, and the £12m is still on the table, I'm pretty sure he'll go the Leicester. The club is already spending the money we expect to get for him, I suspect this is another transfer fee neutral, and wage cost massive reduction, window.

He'll have to pass the medical wherever he ends up of course........

11. Peter Damage

Peter Damage Well-Known Member

Yeah it was 'fitting' because Hull pulled out of a deal for 6m because he failed a medical. So his next best option was a side recently relegated with lots of big money players expected to get promoted. Which did happen.

Even forgetting about West Ham pretty much taking him back to Essex, you can't see why there a better place for him to go?! And i'm the one who's deluded?!!!! Wind it in!

12. Peter Damage

Peter Damage Well-Known Member

In that unlikely scenario we wouldn't give Austin the choice.

Also if he's smart he'd recognise. Minimum 3 year deal. There would be a good chance he'd be stuck playing for Leicester in championship. So why not see it out till Jan at least

13. 1982_Ranger

1982_Ranger Well-Known Member

Have to agree with this. Anyone who thinks Charlie will want to stay is kidding themselves and I suspect he'll want to play in the Prem at all costs, even Leicester. That said, they are not suddenly an established Prem team (despite what this lot think because of 10 games) and won't get a look in if the likes of West Ham etc come in for him.

14. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I can, because Leicester are a bit of a nothing club in a nothing place. No disrespect to you and i know every fan thinks his club are the best but Charlie would always go for a southern club now as he has stated that his family enjoy life in the south.

Charlie lives about 0.5 of a mile from where i live (although the houses are more expensive) and for my sins i have been to Leicester and you are not even in the same league as where we live. Sorry but Leicester is like Stoke, who the F would want to live there?

Charlie would go to Bournemouth over Leicester. I think he would rather stay at QPR than go to Leicester and the fact that the club rejected that measly offer is an indication that he probably said "Anywhere but Leicester". :emoticon-0148-yes:

Jimbo ranger likes this.
  15. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

I agree, as a place Leicester has nothing to offer compared to London. Leicester will be relegated and he'll be stuck in the Championship and stuck in Leicester. Lose/Lose

Jimbo ranger likes this.
  16. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

We by no means think we are an established Premier League side, but we do think we are far from the "dead certainties for relegation" that you lot have us down for.

Bookies current have us 6th favourite (joint with Newcastle) to be relegated this season, so if you're so certain we'll be down, why don't you go lump your house on us, you'll get some great returns <ok>

I don't agree that we are necessarily a better prospect than West Ham, they have European football at least.

But come on, I honestly think we'd be more of an attractive proposition to most than Newcastle right now.

17. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

Some of these comments on here are just plain rude.

I thought we were friends? <wah>

18. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

Think McLaren will do very well

19. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I wouldn't trust the bookies and you as a Leicester fan should know that. They had you as certs to go down at Xmas and you did a fab job to beat the odds.
    The factor for me was always NP. I didn't give him enough credit and thought you were gone, so fair play.
    I'm not a betting person so won't be putting my house on it. I am a realist you will be one of the 3 teams in my opinion that will be relegated.

20. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

.... the manager calls the tune no doubt ... but Cambiasso and Huth are two of the main reasons we survived ... witrboth we likeweould have. gone down..