1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR Saturday - Great time to Win a football match!

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Tigers 1 Lions 0, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Tigers 1 Lions 0

Tigers 1 Lions 0 Active Member

Hi all first post on new board.... really looking forward to QPR game on Saturday! Wondering if we will be brave enough to add more creative players to the team or stick with a solid defensive midfield?

Interesting view on that man Warnock, how he's getting the best out of Taarabt after Sundays performance!

Now we are relatively safe from relegation Is it time for Nigel to let the tigers talented midfield players (Koran, Bullard, Belaid) off the leash to..... 'win football matches'?

Neil Warnock told the Fulham Chronicle: “You can forget a move for Tarbs – that’s stone dead certain. I’m not sure any club would want him. We give him licence to do things here he would never get a chance to do anywhere else.

He's going to frustrate and disappoint, but what do you want him to do - win tackles or win football matches?
    His goal today was out of this world. He's great to have around the place."

Taarabt told the Standard’s Mihir Bose: “"Last summer, Neil rang me and said: 'I want to make you the star. Come and you will have freedom to play'. Neil said, 'Even if you lose the ball, I will have some players behind you to do the job for you defensively'. When a manager tells you, 'I want to play the team around you,' then you think, 'This manager loves me'. At half-time against Preston [in November], I wasn't playing so well. Neil knows I don't like it when the other players shout at me. So he took me to the showers and said, 'What's wrong?' And in the second half I scored two goals.

Although I think a loss or a draw would not end our season, A positive performance and a Win against QPR would really get the belief back that we have play off credentials.

2. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

So get Ash to shout at him a lot and the threat is nullified. Job done!

3. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

Realisticaly with Roko in the middle then we are in with a chance, we need someone which will create chances for our strikers. Harper will mark Taarbat out of the game. I fancy Jay to bag a couple to be honest. He only deals in 2's anyway.

Cam Stewart upfront with fryatt and mclean out wide please.

I am looking for 4 points in the next two games and a play off charge is on 100% if not we will just end up middle of the table building for next season.

4. Skidby Tiger

Skidby Tiger New Member

'This manager loves me'
    Neil knows I don't like it when the other players shout at me. So he took me to the showers and said, 'What's wrong?' And in the second half I scored two goals.

Is it just me or does anyone else think this sounds funny - he sounds like a 3 year old!

5. RogerMellyspeaks

Not just Taarabt to think about, Routledge was a right handful when I watched them at weekend, somebody needs to pick him up as well as judging by weekend performance both he and Taarabt have licence to go anywhere they want so we'll have to be on our mettle.....

6. westhulltiger

westhulltiger Active Member

I'm all for confidence and City r on the up, I'm sure of that, and I am genuinely excited about the future of the club now that we have been bought by The Allams. HOWEVER, Saturday brings the league leaders to the KC, which i am worried about in all honesty. i think the skill of Taarabt and the pace/skill of Routledge will unfortunately be too much for us.

Routledge is a right winger who will absolutely tear Dawson to pieces 9in my humble opinion).

Hoping I'm wrong

UTT

7. TopTigersFan

TopTigersFan Member

I'd like to think that we will beat QPR and this will act as a catalyst like West Brom back in 2007/08. However, I too am concerned about the level of pace and skill that QPR have and what Daws will have to defend against. For me, he's lost too much pace now and we'll need players to double up on Routledge to nullify him. Why don't we go out and attack though as this is the best form of defence. Would be nice to get a look at Belaid too even if he just comes on as a sub.

8. mark2112

mark2112 Member

I have a feeling Dawson could be flapping this weekend.Point is who else can come in and do the job or even stand their ground against Routeledge.Hope his going to have an off day.

9. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

You can't double up on Routledge because you also have to double up on Taarabt. That's why I'm confident about the rest of this season! Miller isn't exactly slow either...

Having said that, I'm not expecting to win at your place, you have a good manager and Fryatt always seems to score against us. Score draw in my book.

10. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

It's always a good time to beat QPR.
    Cry baby drama queens, the lot of em.

We may end up beating them home and away in the play offs, as we did to runaway leaders Watford, on our last promotion run.
    Here's hoping.

11. prideofyorkshire

It's the 'he took me to the showers' bit that sounds funny to me :p

12. James

James New Member

Finish it how you wish.

13. postmantwat

postmantwat Member

sucked me off an weight was lifted/emptied