1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

QPR Stadium Boost?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Rangers Til I Die, Jul 7, 2016.

1. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Where is the goal posts? Very odd looking stadium.....?

kiwiqpr, NorwayRanger and QPR999 like this.
  2. TheBigDipper

TheBigDipper Well-Known Member

Just what I was thinking. Wonder where I'll be able to park my motorcycle?

3. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

Perhaps it is Pampas grass and it will be a swingers estate. That could be its unique selling point.

UTRs and QPR999 like this.
  4. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

5. CroydonCaptainJack

Some incredibly large figures plucked out of the air in that interview, possibly for effect.

6. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

very good..<laugh><laugh>

7. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

It states in that interview:

Without the decking, the 12,000 homes south of the canal could not be built and a planned development at the Cargiant site would be far less viable, he said. Redesigning the sidings to make space for the pilings would take several months and cost up to £200 million.

Any idea if this is good or bad news for the club, if Cargiant are going to have problems? Potentially a new bargaining tool for TF and co?

8. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Thought that was the new training ground. Just needs a quick trim with the old mower and away you go.

kiwiqpr and QPR999 like this.
  9. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

I don't know how wealthy Mendes is but £200m is not much for out board IF Mittal is still on board.
    We've wondered for ages whether TF & Co's love of QPR is all about this development.
    Perhaps we'll find out soon.

10. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

It's not for the stadium Toots, is a only affordable housing for that site.

12. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

I've now re-read it - without drink having been taken in the sun - and you are right Stan. This one will run and run...

13. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

Oaklands Plans Spark New Row Between Cargiant and QPR

Boss Tony Mendes repeats 'there will never be a stadium' on his company's land

The news that Queens Park Rangers Football Club and Genesis Housing Association have received planning permission for a new housing development called Oaklands on Old Oak Common Lane has sparked a new row between the football club and Cargiant boss Tony Mendes.

Earlier this month, Cargiant unveiled an updated masterplan for its proposed development, Old Oak Park - on land which it currently owns, but where QPR hopes to build a new stadium.

Oaklands is a separate scheme and the first of its size to be approved by the Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation, or OPDC. It is set to include 605 new homes and hundreds of jobs.

Oaklands, outlined here in purple, is on the western edge of the Old Oak area, which is outlined in red.

please log in to view this image

The area owned by Cargiant which would become Old Oak Park, shown outlined in red, is further east on the northern side of the canal.

please log in to view this image

When announcing the planning permission for Oaklands, Tony Fernandes, QPR Co-Chairman made it clear that he saw this development as a step towards achieving the stadium, saying this was the club's 'primary interest.'

You can read more about the announcement here.

In response, Tony Mendes has issued a statement headlined 'Clarity on Cargiant's Land at Old Oak Common', saying: " Following recent misleading reports that Genesis Housing Association and QPR's planning approval from the OPDC Planning Committee for a 600-home development improves the Club’s ability to deliver a stadium here we wanted to once again set out our position with regard to our land, the Cargiant site."

This was followed by the re-publishing on the Old Oak Park website of a letter written to QPR supporters in March this year.

In the letter, he said: " I can confirm that neither Cargiant, nor our development partner London & Regional Properties, are in any discussions with QPR and that we will not enter into any such discussions or agreements with the Club in any way, shape or form.

" In short, we will never agree to a stadium on any part of our land under any circumstances and we have made that position crystal clear to the Club, the GLA and the OPDC on numerous occasions.

" The reason is quite simple. A stadium would be completely the wrong use for our land. Our site is critical to the success of Old Oak Common and a stadium requires an enormous amount of land which would hugely reduce its ability to deliver new homes, jobs and other uses such as a cultural quarter – and all for a use which lies largely dormant for the vast majority of the year.

" We are committed to bringing forward a masterplan that is far more sensitively designed, that has incredible parks and open spaces, and that has far greater benefits for local residents and surrounding communities than is possible with a stadium. Our approach is also backed by policy and the latest policy framework issued for consultation by the OPDC does not include a stadium on our site."

Even more emphatically, the letter continues: " The statements of QPR implying that a stadium could be built on Cargiant land are at best confusing and at worse misleading. Under no circumstances will we consent to a stadium on our land. Any further work by the Club in this direction is futile."

You can read the letter in full here.

July 25, 2016

http://neighbournet.com/server/common/hfoldoak013.htm

14. CroydonCaptainJack

This Mendes fellow likes a public statement doesn't he!

NorwayRanger likes this.
  15. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

16. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, TF has a long history of bullsh*tting and I fear his plans are just another layer of bovine faeces...

UTRs and Bush Rhino like this.
  17. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Although i agree TF likes to spin but so does the bloke at Cargiant.

CroydonCaptainJack likes this.
  18. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

I was thinking about this sorry saga today and wondering about the animosity between Cargiant and QPR. It seems more personal than business to me. If it was business, there would be boring and bland statements, not the emotive rants we read from Mendes.
    I guess we will never know and, of course, it's just speculation on my part but this bitter battle seems personal to me.

19. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Agree it's not very business like is it.

20. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I seem to remember that Fernandes or Beard had a chat with him and then jumped the gun in public about the stadium when nothing had been agreed. Mendes has had the hump ever since, understandably, because whenever a stadium is mentioned it is on the assumption that a chunk of Cargiant land will be used. Now it must be impossible to get the land from him without paying a ludicrous amount of cash and they would still need to get the stadium included in the overall development plan.

So yes, amateur hour.