1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ramsey has plans for Taarabt

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by NorwayRanger, Apr 15, 2015.

1. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

QPR boss has plans for Taarabt

Rs coach reckons he can restore midfelder to his best

please log in to view this image

Tackling Taarabt: Adel (R) is a Ramsey plan

Adel Tarrabt is going to have to bide his time – but Chris Ramsey is determined to make a success out of the Moroccan.

QPR’s coach has not given up on getting the best out of a wayward talent that has divided opinion wider than The Mall.

Ramsey insists getting the midfielder back on the right road will be his and maybe Rs salvation as soon as the not-so-small matter of Premier League safety has been sorted.

“Let’s be honest,” said the Rs coach, “he should be playing for a top team in a top country like he showed at AC Milan when on loan. Many a person has tried (to coach him) and it has to come from within to some extent.

“At the moment, I don’t think I’ve got the time to spend when I’ve got to get the rest of the squad where I want them to be, and it's frustrating because he’s one of the best players in the Premiership.”

'Frustrating': Adel Taarabt (L)

Former boss Neil Warnock reckoned the best way to deal with Taarabt was to let him run free in training and the team.

It paid dividends as Rs romped to the Championship title in 2011. That won’t do now, says the current man in charge.

“When Adel played for QPR in the Championship he was in slightly better condition than he is at the moment, and younger, and winning games for the team on a weekly basis, but he hasn’t been able to recapture that form,” Ramsey explained.

“Unless, you’re winning the game single-handedly like he was in those days you have to respect players and join in the workrate.

“When’s he’s played he’s done that to be fair.

“I’d admire his ability, and I hope he regains the form he had when he first came to QPR.”

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-boss-plans-taarabt-9022818

2. NorwayRanger

About time we had a new Adel thread :emoticon-0130-devil:emoticon-0138-think:emoticon-0140-rofl:

One of the best in the league? Interesting statement from Ramsey.

Ranger4ever likes this.
  3. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

He played the first half for the U21's yesterday. Ale came on for him. Furlong, Hoillet and McCarthy also played.

4. NorwayRanger

All five would be in my team next year if we go down, even Hoilett.

5. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

Totally agree that it has to come from within but haven't really seen/heard nothing to believe it will & at end of the day it's a team/squad game & how many teams are prepared to put all the time/effort on an individual.

Sadly I think he'll be someone who never comes close to achieving anything like his potential.

From an R's perspective I'd happily see the end of the Adel era as the saga has become really tiresome

6. goldcoast hoop

goldcoast hoop Well-Known Member

All his own fault

Quality Passing Rules likes this.
  7. QPR Oslo

If they are fit enough I hope to see both McCarthy and Adel start against Hammers. I wonder if Fer will be ready too, don't think he played yesterday..

8. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

I think it might be a psychological error to drop Green. Negative impact on whole team's confidence. I do appreciate the counter argument is not difficult to make. That's what CR draws his salary for - to make the tough calls.

seagullhoop and Ranger74 like this.
  9. QPR Oslo

Tough decision I agree, but not convinced about a negative team impact. They may be pleased to have the ball drop nearer the other penalty area than their own.

10. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

Wow, this has given me new hope that Taarabt will make a come back. I was hopeful all those other 180 times that we heard he might make a come back but I really believe this one this time.

[/sarcasm]

P.s. I'm not a Taarabt hater but I gave up waiting on him ages ago. I'll believe it when I see it. And I'll see it when I believe it.

Ranger4ever likes this.

11. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

CR knows a player when he sees one and he is as good as anyone in this league IMO
    Different planet totally unique just hope he gets fit again
    No time for slaggers on here we are very lucky to have him

WalsallHoop likes this.
  12. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Go and sit on the naughty step Norway<laugh>

NorwayRanger likes this.
  13. NorwayRanger

UTRs likes this.
  14. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

About time a few on here realised exactly what a good squad we have and what a manger we have currently
    20 minutes at Palace we have matched anything in this league
    Already a great Ramsey fan … he is brilliant in fact and I hope we keep him

WalsallHoop and qprmountmartha like this.
  15. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this. I was a huge fan but I have given up on him at this stage.

16. RoyalOakRanger

RoyalOakRanger Active Member

What Chris Ramsey is first and foremost is a proper coach. He does not get hung up on systems but focuses on how both individuals and units of players react on the pitch to different situations. This is textbook FA coaching and I like it.

17. Madrid_Ranger

Madrid_Ranger Well-Known Member

HAHAHA an Adel thread and up pops his biggest fan with praise for Adel and yet another dig at those who see things differently. Adel = great talent + lazy + doesn´t give a s**t. How many more times is this Fat Foenix gonna stumble out of the flames?.

18. NorwayRanger

Me or Taarabt? <laugh>

UTRs likes this.
  19. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

<laugh> <cheers>

20. Quality Passing Rules

Quality Passing Rules Well-Known Member

I have never doubted his talent, it's his application and attitude I have an issue with. I and many others have made this point before but you seem to ignore the fact that talent is only worth it, when it can be applied. I can only raise the point again but you will continue to ignore it. I have great musical talent but after my collapsed lung ruined my voice, I can no longer apply it. So there is no point in me signing up for x factor, is there. For someone that speaks so much sense most of the time I cannot understand how you can be so blinkered on this. If he starts to apply himself, then I will happily eat my words but I ain't holding my breath.

WalsallHoop likes this.