1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ramsey has plans for Taarabt

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by NorwayRanger, Apr 15, 2015.

1. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I heard Adel had a knock, nothing from Ramsey about a bad application. If you still got a collapsed lung mate best not hold your breath! But didn't the singer on the Yardbirds have only 1 lung?

2. Quality Passing Rules

Quality Passing Rules Well-Known Member

My view of Adel has been of this nature long before Harry came to us, let alone Ramsey. I don't think he has applied himself for quite some time now.

The lung thing was years ago but it also effected my vocal chords, hence why I cannot sing properly anymore. Wouldn't know about the singer from the Yardbirds, fair play to him if he did.

3. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Going back to the naughty step thing, Adel's new injury most likely is haemorrhoids from sitting there for so long...

Sorry, that was s**t (pun intended).

4. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

it was Keith Relf who I was thinking of. All I find now is that he had respiratory problems so maybe the one lung was a bad rumour. He met a tragic end though from a badly earthed guitar.

5. Quality Passing Rules

Earthed by a bad earthing... the irony.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  6. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

I ask you all to rate Adel on the following basis:

Out of ten, rate him for the following.

a) Ability

b) Professionalism and application

c) Role model and helpful part of the club off field

My score for him would be 8, 3, 0.

8 because he's obviously very talented in terms of skill. 3 because he does occasionally try hard, and I do think he has grown up a bit and isn't necessarily a lost case. He could be part of a successful team (but I've given up giving chances) and 0 because, although he is not knowingly and intelligently damaging like Bosingwa, he is stupid and sets the tone of no order and anarchy in a club. I don't care that sometimes he plays well and puts effort in. We get less good out of those moments than we get bad out of the moments such as getting the bus home after being substituted or not turning up for training.

With that said, if he totally changed and had an attitude like Sir Clinton Hill tomorrow, I'd back him all the way. Hopefully Ramsey can get that out of him. It would be great.

7. fusari805

fusari805 Member

Have to pretty much agree with your scores, although am unsure in my own mind about the first. Would love nothing more than to see him flourish in a QPR shirt again but am unfortunately doubtful. This makes me second guess the score for question A, an 8 for ability in the EPL is no hard feat. There's no doubt he was and still could be an 8, and I hope he still will;but part of me thinks he never will be again. Sure we'll see flair and moments of brilliance but warranting a place in a premier league starting 11 requires more than the odd but of magic.

Performing at this level doesn't just need natural talent, it needs dedication and he just isn't showing any!

I'm a big Adel fan and hope he comes good, my eyes lit up when I saw the title of the thread but it's just blind hope.

Reality is, what a waste of talent!!

8. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

'Ramsey has plans for Taarabt'

I have a plan for Adel too, a one way ticket out of our club to the Ethiopian desert...........
    "Come fly with me, come fly come fly with me ..................."

9. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Hmm, remind me of the massive contribution he has made to our cause this season. Goals? Assists? Odd, very occasional appearances? Training, don't be silly, he's far too good to bother with that. If he put half the effort he has done agitating for a move in the past four seasons into showing what he is capable of on the pitch for us he'd be the superstar he misguidedly thinks he is.

Yes, we're soooo lucky to be paying him £50k a week for jack-sh*t...

UTRs, Hoop-Leif and Didley Squat like this.
  10. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

I have always been a fan, but now is the time to say bye-bye. He has had so many chances and has not taken them or shown much interest in taking them.

11. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

oh come on totally
    surely one more chance is available

12. Hoop-Leif

Hoop-Leif Well-Known Member

Or the last few seasons come to that

13. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

Overweight, overpaid and over the hill - will never forget 2010/11 - the thrill when he got the ball and ran at defenders, but that was then.

At the end of his career the words should, could, but and if will be those most written about his time with us - it's a terrible waste of talent, but more than anything I believe it's what's in his head that isn't right.

I would love to be proved wrong, I really would, because he was the best thing to happen to this club for years... and the excitement of that return to the PL with him in the team was second to none... but I'm certainly not going to be holding my breath.

Colin got the best out of him because he made him the special one and, according to numerous reports, indulged him in regards to training because of his age and talent, but he's older now and I think has to grow up and realise that now he has to work harder, train harder, be fitter and demonstrate the maturity of a senior player. Whether that will ever happen is debatable... and we do debate it again and again, but nothing changes.

RoyalOakRanger likes this.
  14. Quality Passing Rules

I have an issue with this. (Not you seagull but Colin) Firstly it's a team game so the team should live and die together. No special cases. I also think that Colin doing that has contributed to Adel getting far to big in his boots now, and as such, we are reaping what we sowed by allowing him to think he is bigger than the team ethic required in a team sport. No one person is bigger than the team.

seagullhoop likes this.
  15. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

I think you're probably right - in hindsight when you treat someone as special, raise them up above their peers and then take it all away and treat them like everyone else it might well cause them to react badly. Footballers are generally pretty well divorced from the real world anyway, add to that a young, probably immature and certainly petulant character and you could see how that removal of that special status could cause problems. All supposition of course, but it's as good a theory as any.

I'd be interested to understand more about the dynamics of the 'bigger' players in teams. How do the Messi's and Ronaldo's cope with being the big fish? Do they have to train harder or are they cut more slack? How do the other players cope/react?

16. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

No! his bridge is an inferno!

17. Quality Passing Rules

Interesting point raised Seagull. Messi, I think, just gets on with it. Loves Playing the game. (I like Messi cos he plays with a smile on his face.) Ronaldo, I think is the opposite, he needs to feel special and is far more Adel like . If not treated as some kind of messiah, he sulks and doesn't give it his all. Why do you think Fergie got rid of him, I don't see Fergie putting up with his petulance. The difference between Adel and Ronaldo though is Ronaldo is 4 times the talent of Adel.

18. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Re: 'Ramsey has plans for Taarabt'

please log in to view this image

please log in to view this image

UTRs likes this.
  19. Ranger4ever

Ranger4ever Well-Known Member

Correction of the typo, should read 40 times the talent of Adel.

Quality Passing Rules likes this.
  20. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

I don't know why we continue to discuss this waste of space

UTRs and Ranger4ever like this.