1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ramsey nominated for manager of the month

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Bwood_Ranger, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

A cruel blow for those who look to put him down at every turn

2. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

All was going so well before this curse.
    Surely someone else should win it....where do I vote

3. Bwood_Ranger

Hughton will win so it's all good.

4. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

It's nice for him on a personal level to get some independent recognition in his first managerial appointment.
    I'm happy for him whether he wins it or not

5. Busy Being Headhunted

Busy Being Headhunted Well-Known Member

No other manager could of lost to Carlisle with our squad

Wherever likes this.
  6. Bwood_Ranger

Hughes, Redknapp and Warnock all did pretty good impressions of it in their cup games.

Ranger4ever and qpr1976 like this.
  7. Peter Damage

Peter Damage Well-Known Member

Wouldn't say so.

My own negative statements about Ramsey were last year when a better manager could have kept us up. Made big mistakes in crucial games (Furlong & SWP in Palace drubbing as just one example) and then salt in the wounds with disrespectful actions like SWP's cameo against City)

I have no doubt that he did under-perform last year and I can't see a credible case against that.

But this year he has started well, and now has a side, and certainly a 1st choice 11 that are an absolute mile ahead of any other team in the league. He is a manager who effects things and get message across on the training ground. That's a massive positive as it was what many disliked about Redknapp so much.

Not a single poster on this board who doesn't want Ramsey to succeed.

Personally i'm very happy to leave last year's under-performance in the past and hope Ramsey can continue the good work happening around the club this year

8. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

So does that mean we can compare him to them?
    If so under him we may get promoted and then. Spend sh@t loads of money on old players who don't want to be here and end up making a twat of himself on TDD

9. Bwood_Ranger

Odd post. All I was doing was pointing out that we were crap in cups under all those manager when BBH said "only Ramsey could have lost to Carlisle".

I'm not saying the bloke is perfect but both in terms of the players brought in, the style of football and the results so far, it's all an improvement on what we've had for several years. The mistakes of the past will take years to put right probably, but it seems we are on the right path at least.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  10. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Got a lot of good will for Ramsey. Like the way he's trying to get us to play, and also the way he set us up last season when he didn't have the players to play as he would have preferred. Says to me he's doing it the right way, but is smart enough to change it when necessary. Maybe another Manager would have kept us up last season but with our defensive frailties that could not be fixed by purchase or loan, it was a tough ask.

11. Peter Damage

Was a tough ask but still underperformed massively. Another 9 points would have kept us up.

Factor in last game of season was the thrashing by Leicester. If he'd managed to get 6 points before then would have fancied us against an already safe Leicester of having a decent chance of surivival.

So just needed 6 points before then but his poor management contributed to losses and dropped points.

Ignoring defeats against Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Spurs and Southampton where points were up for grabs. He cost us in losses against Palace, Hull, Everton and his negativity meant we only managed a point against West Ham.

Some like Watford might want to re-write history but Ramsey's failures last year and the manner of some of these failures mean he has been rightly criticised

Better management last year and we would have been in the prem, avoiding FFP issues etc.

But we are now in championship and this year all the signs are positive. No reason not to keep it that way. Seems Watford does want to provoke a bit of conflict with a fairly provocative post

12. Bwood_Ranger

I wouldn't say he underperformed massively but I don't doubt he underperformed. The West Ham home match was poor but there were plenty of games we deserved more than we got particularly at home. Spurs especially springs to mind.

My post isn't intended to be provocative but it's worth noting he's doing a better job than anyone expected thus far this season but whenever anything goes wrong, certain people are far too quick to jump all over him. There were people genuinely calling for him to be sacked one game into the season which is frankly idiotic.

CroydonCaptainJack likes this.
  13. Peter Damage

Only other games I can think of us having a chance of more were the Southampton and Chelsea games with late goals costing us 2 points. But even those are ultimately his responsibility.

Were plenty more negative factors. Then factor in all the preceeding dross we've put up with the last few years and that's why you have a minority of people jumping the gun and wanting Ramsey.
    out after 1 game and 2-0 down against Wolves. But none of those people want Ramsey to fail.

It's just people want us to save ourselves before too much damage is done as we left it too late under Hughes and didn't even make the call with Harry. Until 3 or 4 games ago Ramsey until then hadn't done enough to convince them, which I think is a fair enough opinion (not necessarily right)

14. Bwood_Ranger

It's madness to get rid after one game regardless who the manager is. This is his team now and he should be judged on how it does. I don't honestly think last season should be relevant in how he's judged. Plenty of bad apples and a completely disjointed squad which a far more experienced manager failed miserably with.

I do think some people do want to see him fail if only to be able to turn around and give it "told you so".

15. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

I just want to make it clear that I didn't like the manner of his appointment

We swallowed the 'dream manager' tewwet then saw an internal coach who was mates with Les get the job. Ramsey HAS to 'win' us/me over before I will drool over his performances.

That said Matt, and Charlie & Chery won it for him or do you think it was his tactical substitution that won it?

Win and we won't mind, Until he win us silverware or promotion followed by survival I will still feel conned. Nothing against the man himself, Tony Fernandes undermined him and us, and I can't be seen to approve of that. Again.

16. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

it was my way of being humorous about previous managers, not your comments

17. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

In any case, yes... he is unproven. And because of that some people will not back him. But how is he meant to start being a good manager? He is our manager right now and there's no question he has the right intentions and character. So just back him, no?

18. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

You're totally deluded to think anyone could have kept us up. Our defence was barely Championship quality, that was the deciding factor and no amount of 'coaching' or anything else would have made an iota of difference, we finished exactly where we belonged and anyone who saw most of our matches last season knew we were done for by New Year...

Queens Park Stranger likes this.
  19. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

Still think we should have done something in January, Even the loan market could have been looked at.

20. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Exactly, and Harry did nothing. He knew the game was up which is why he walked...