1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ranieri sacked

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Bluebaldee, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Good move or disgrace?

Personally I think disgrace.

What he did last season was a modern day footballing miracle that most of us probably won't see repeated.

He deserved a full season, at least.

2. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

He'd become a tinker man - used too many players. Lost the plot. And I think he benefitted from the previous manager who turned them around in the first place. I think that relegation was a real possibility unless they acted now. He'll always get the credit for an incredible season, but now he can go and take up one of the many offers he was bragging about a couple of days ago.

3. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Sad in some ways as he has always come across to me as a genuinely nice bloke but very predictable in premier league terms, it's all about £ up there and to lose one hundred and fifty million in tv payments is mortifying for some of these club owners, especially the overseas ones.

I'd follow one of your forefathers Claudio if I were you and leave this 'rain sodden island' behind.

4. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Wonder how many of the players will be picking up their inflated salaries next season if they get relegated. will Leicester get rid of the under performing players at the end of the season or will they continue to just turn up and collect their wages. If the players under perform and the manager loses his job the players also ought to be looking for new jobs. It was very evident last season how players suddenly found their form when Jose Mourinho was sacked by Chelsea and matches started to be won after he was sacked

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Putting myself in the shoes of a football club owner, football is no longer a sport. Its a business. Owners dont care about what happened last season. They only care about what is happening now. And what is happening now is they are currently 4th bottom and in deep deep trouble and cant seem to buy a win (like another club we know very close to us who are 4th bottom in deep trouble and cant buy a win ;)).
    Of course the Leicester owners are grateful for last season and im sure this decision to sack their manager would not have come lightly. But the money the club will lose through relegation is unthinkable for them as the Premier league have signed a deal for TV rights worth over £10 billion which will get shared between the 20 teams next season. Im sure the owners didnt want to go down this route of sacking him but they cant afford to get relegated and the way its currently going, Leicester look set for it. How many players have relegation release clauses too. This is a desperate time for the club and this is a desperate move for the owners to try and make sure they dont get relegated. This season it aint working for the manager for whatever reason. The 3 teams below Leicester have all changed their manager this season for the exact same reasons.

As a football fan, I completely agree with people who feel he deserved more time after what he achived last season. I would love to have seen some loyalty from the club to the manager. But remember, to owners this is a business. Why risk your business going through a relegation and losing so much money just out of loyalty for 1 man for what he did 12 months ago? And if they had kept him and still got relegated, he would be sacked then anyway or he would walk away as he wouldnt want to manage in the championship. So getting rid now and hope to get in the right man who can save them from relegation makes business sense. Im just surprised how long it has taken them to make this decision. This should have been done in December. A new manager could have then changed things in the transfer window but now instead a new manager will have to use the same players who havent performed this season and the new manager cant do a thing about it. Its a big gamble for the owner but putting myself in the owners shows, I think its the right decision but could be too late with the decision.

And put it this way, if Leicester didnt win the league last season and say finished 10th for example, no one would be that bothered if they sacked him now. We all would see his record this season and the trouble they are in and would agree that he needs to go. So what changes this fact, just because they won the league last season? They look relegation certs and something needs to be done ASAP about it.

6. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Disgrace

The players need to be ashamed of themselves

7. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

I think Leicester have this season badly missed the driving force of N'Golo Kante who was sold to Chelsea in the summer.
    I also feel Gastronomic is right in that it was Nigel Pearson who got them playing really well at the end of the previous season.
    He unfortunately got the sack over personal stuff.

8. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Did allright last night though eh ? I dont normally agree with Carragher, mainly because I have a job to understand what he says half the time but he was right last night when he said that the Leicester players should be embarrassed and did anyone else see Vardy giving it the Foxtrot Oscar to the Lino ? If I was that official I would of offered him out after the game, jumped up little yob.

9. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Very noticeable that both Chelsea and Leicester players both dramatically improved after the managers were sacked and both sets of players denied any involvement in the sackings of their managers, why don't I believe them

10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I got to say though that Liverpool were poor. If it was Arsenal or Spurs or Chelsea for example, Leicester would have easily lost last night. Liverpool did not turn up and that result has papered over the cracks for Leicester.