1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rather Sad to say....

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by St. Luigi Scrosoppi, Mar 2, 2015.

1. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

..... but some of our fans really are not very nice people.

The abuse thrown at our players by some of our so called fans at West Bromwich Albion is something for which we as a club should be ashamed.

As a treat recently I enjoyed the Hospitality of the Saints bar and sat in the posh seats. I was appalled. The seats were £75 plus VAT a hit and I have not sat amongst a more foul mouthed bunch in all my life. One guy really had it in for Pelle and if he called him a **** (4 letter word for female genetalia) once he called him it a dozen times or more).

There is nothing wrong with our players but some of our fans are desperately in need of some help. Probably psychiatric counselling to help them get matters into proportion.

As I always say there at least 99 things more important in life than being obsessed with football.

2. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Should stick this in with SaintDon's thread or vice versa.

I agree 100% Godders. get as passionate as the next fan and as frustrated too, but I never resort to abusing a player wearing the shirt. It is shocking.

tomw24 likes this.
  3. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

I got 99 problems, but the pitch ain't one.

4. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Have to agree Godders........although it doesn't actually sound like the person was much of a fan either. It sounds as if the person was enjoying the sound of his own voice rather than the football he was watching. I, like others, have no time for anyone that boo their own players or shout obscenities at them. They normally pretend to know a lot about the game whereas in truth they constantly prove they know so little by their actions!

5. Dell Boy

Dell Boy Well-Known Member

Good post, albeit a pretty sad reflection on a section of our so called supporters? After the magnificent season that we have had its pretty sad to hear the neanderthals are still alive and well. I must admit, where I sit in the Kingsland there are a few that single out certain players regardless of the way they are playing.
    I've been supporting Saints for many, many years and I guess, if I'm honest this sort of 'supporter' has always been around?

6. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

Good point, DB. Sadly, they seem to be around all the time and quick to jump on players when they're going through a bad spell. I can remember fans getting on Le Tiss' back when he wasn't scoring in every game ..........
    Don't understand it, personally. I get as frustrated as any supporter, but I'll cheer them on as long as I can see they're trying. Pelle has been manhandled by so many central defenders and given no protection from refs, I'm not surprised he's struggling a bit. Get one from a lucky bounce and we'll be off again. What we have to guard against tomorrow is giving an early goal away ..............

7. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

I don't shout out abuse. I do tho say that was **** or crap some time. If a person does it at talking level and it isn't a crazy rant I don't mind, as long as children aren't near by. It is just frustration is all, 99% don't mean it. It's the guys that shout it out that annoy me, I don't get how it helps.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  8. letissier86

letissier86 Well-Known Member

Most of the loudmouths do it for attention. An obsession with football isn't the problem; they don't love or obsess about the game any more than we do. They just have suspect personality traits i.e. anger issues.

9. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Or over stressed at work and this is their release.

10. letissier86

letissier86 Well-Known Member

Sure for some but a lack of control in a public place whichever way you look at it.

11. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I always assume the team is trying to win the game and must be hurting like me if we lose. I definitely don't think yelling at a team out of luck helps. (Have to say it's a bit different in the privacy of my home when I'm out of earshot :)).

12. Shepherd's Clearing

Shepherd's Clearing Well-Known Member

You'd have thought someone with that amount of disposable income to spend on presumably their favourite club would have a bit more class.

Clearly not though, I suppose some of it comes down to the misplaced sense of entitlement people get if they spend a lot of money.

I'm very frustrated [as my other posts show] but I'm absolutely certain Southampton players, or any other club's, do not make mistakes or play poorly on purpose. I can only equate it with the mistakes I have made in my working life and I have always felt really bad and sometimes near on mortified.

Perhaps I'm weird?

13. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Perhaps these "fans" would like to think back to our position in August 2009!!! That might put a perspective on things.

At the moment we an upper-tier mid-table PL team!! To break into the Top 4 might be beyond not only our club but clubs who also have dreams of the Top 4 like Aston Villa, Newcastle, Tottenham, West Ham, Everton - all clubs with considerably bigger support than us and none of them look like top 4 in the foreseeable future!! Are their fans also throwing toys out of the pram like a few Saints fans?

Number 1 Jasper and manxsaint like this.
  14. laurab12

laurab12 Active Member

All clubs have this element. Never understood abusing a player on your own team.

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  15. fatletiss

I shout out loud at the ref ... is that allowed? :)

16. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Nope you clearly have anger issues......

17. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Very Very VERY well said !!!!!

18. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You save all your abuse for the referee!

19. fatletiss

Go two posts up :)

20. fatletiss

Nah.... I'll take the work stress option please.

Beef likes this.