1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ravel Morrison ... Again

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Jan 27, 2017.

1. MSRANGERS999

MSRANGERS999 Well-Known Member

Ppl saying Holloway the man who can sort him out at the say time the way Holloway didn't like Sylla attitude for being substituted can u imagine the fallout between these 2 when strop is thrown!

2. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Bristol City playmaker Luke Freeman is set to join Queens Park Rangers.

According to Sky Sports, Bristol City midfielder Luke Freeman is heading to London for a medical with Queens Park Rangers after the clubs agreed a £300,000 deal.

Freeman, 24, hit the big time in 2008, as he left Gillingham to join Arsenal at the age of just 15, but he failed to even make his debut for the Gunners as he struggled to make the breakthrough in North London.

please log in to view this image
    Cardiff City’s Lee Peltier and Bristol City’s Luke Freeman in action

The playmaker left for Stevenage in January 2012 after a successful loan spell with the club, and after hitting 17 goals in 128 games, he moved on to Bristol City in 2014.

Freeman played a huge part in the Robins' promotion in 2015, but scored just once last season – and has slipped down the pecking order this term, starting just 14 league games this term, though he has scored twice.

Bristol City's Luke Freeman in action with QPR's Gabriele Angella

Now, Sky Sports report that Freeman – who pulled out of the Bristol City side to play Burnley in the FA Cup this weekend – is now heading to London in order to complete a medical with Queens Park Rangers.

Ian Holloway's side are looking for more quality before Tuesday's transfer deadline, and having landed Kazenga Lua Lua from Brighton and Hove Albion earlier this month, Freeman is now heading to Loftus Road to add another creative option for the R's.

Capable of playing out wide or in central midfield, Freeman will give Holloway another option in midfield, and he could prove to be a real bargain for the club.

Freeman's contract was set to expire at the end of the season, and QPR have been able to agree a fee of just £300,000, with Bristol City deciding to cash in now before losing him for free this summer.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/2...-luke-freeman-travelling-to-london-for-qpr-m/

3. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Queens Park Rangers are reportedly keen to land Fulham striker Matt Smith.

According to West London Sport, Queens Park Rangers are interested in raiding London rivals Fulham for striker Matt Smith ahead of Tuesday's transfer deadline.

The R's have added Sean Goss and Kazenga Lua Lua to their squad so far this month, whilst Sky Sports report that Bristol City playmaker Luke Freeman is set for a medical with the club ahead of a £300,000 switch.

Fulham's Matt Smith looks dejected

Ian Holloway is still keen on more new signings, and is hoping to land a striker having hit a brick wall in their attempts to land Rotherham United attacker Danny Ward (Sky Sports).

Whilst Ward is tricky and dangerous running at or in behind defences, QPR seem to have turned their attention to a completely different kind of striker in Fulham's Matt Smith.

Matt Smith celebrates after scoring for Fulham

West London Sport report that Smith has now emerged as a target for QPR, and with Fulham looking to add a new striker before the deadline, Smith could be available.

The 27-year-old stands at a giant 6ft 6in tall, and is known for his superb strength and aerial ability, but he's struggled to nail down a regular spot in Slavisa Jokanovic's Fulham side this season.

Smith has started just seven league games this season, making a further nine substitute appearances whilst scoring two goals – the last of which came on the 13th of August against Preston North End.

R's boss Holloway could now make a move for Smith before the deadline, and it would allow the beanpole striker to stay in West London and make a short trip from Craven Cottage to Loftus Road.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/01/2...id-on-fulham-targeting-striker-matt-smith-ah/

4. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Wrong Matt. Somebody please tell Ollie, ferchrissakes!

5. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Will he be bringing his tardis

6. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Smith NOooooo

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  7. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

So it's true. I'm ready for his first game :
    5 mins - scores wonder goal
    10 mins - gets kicked by defender and doesn't touch the ball again in the half
    Half time - abuses the girl delivering the oranges and takes a knife to ollie
    Never plays for the club again but supplies his mates with 6 month's of crack on the proceeds from his latest come back.

8. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't care who we've sign.
    If this window meant getting some 'Ollie' men in and getting rid of 'non Ollies', then it can be considered a good window for us.
    As long as Ollie can get the best out of the new 'arrivals' ...............l'm happy.

9. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

Here's me hoping that Ravel is to Ollie as Adel was to Uncle Neil. May be not this season but next? Please Ravel, be that!

Uber_Hoop and NorwayRanger like this.
  10. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I really hope so! But we need to give him a fair chance.

If yes, then we benefit in full and have entertainment. We do need some flair.

If no, it is also okay as he is only on loan until the end of the season.

With Ollie's style, we should have an indication if whether it is Aye or Nay rather soon.

For me it seems like a shrewd gamble and decision.

Ranger74 likes this.

11. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Undoubted talent, but highly likely that he isn't anywhere near match fit. So expect a few non-descript performances to start.
    Then we should begin to expect to see some decent contribution from the lad.
    Still hard to believe he is only 23 - seems to have been around for such a long time.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  12. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

I'm prepared to believe his tweet - effectively that he's grown up and not messing around anymore.
    All too late for tonight's game I suppose but interesting times ahead.

Didley Squat likes this.
  13. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

He needs to remember that he is on loan and one act of stupidity means he will be out on his ear. The club lose nothing and he won't be able to play for anyone until next season.

Completely different from the Adel, Boswsanka, SWP, et al who we had to continue paying AND had money tied up in that we would never get back.

NorwayRanger likes this.
  14. rajman

rajman Active Member

My understanding was that most of his issues were related to his personal life and not football. Don't think he had any problems when he was with us last ?
    I think this is his final chance at making it, hope he takes it ...

NorwayRanger likes this.
  15. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Good point.

16. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

I do believe that people can change. We have to believe that. He's here now, so I'll give him a chance but I wouldn't have taken him personally.

BackinBlighty likes this.
  17. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

Nope. His problems were to do with the fact that any degree of physical challenge on him during a game resulted in a giant sulk and no further participation in proceedings. Admittedly that does relate to his personal problem of having a huge chip on his shoulder.

Uber_Hoop and kiwiqpr like this.
  18. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

He can go back and play for the italians

19. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Didn't think they were playing him much...

20. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Yeah, out with the Nonollies!

kiwiqpr, KentGaz and Didley Squat like this.