1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Ravel Morrison

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Supergod00, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Supergod00

Supergod00 Active Member

SSN reporting we have held initial talks with him. Great player if his head is in the right place but doesn't exactly tick the 'right sort' box. Can see something in it though with Adel seemingly gone!

2. hammersmith junior

hammersmith junior Well-Known Member

Just seen this,not happy about it at all.Definately not the right sort,a liability off the field.A scummy wanna be gangster,he's signed a pre-contract with Lazio,so I just hope they hold him to it!

3. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

From wiki
    In January 2015, it was reported that Morrison had signed a pre-contract agreement to join Lazio on a four-year deal at the end of the 2014–15 season. The move is expected to take place in July 2015, after Morrison's contract with West Ham expires, on a free transfer under the Bosman ruling.[41] In February 2015, Morrison's contract with West Ham was terminated early and the player began training with Lazio ahead of his proposed move.

So what went wrong?
    So he won't cost anything...good!
    High wage demand????....bad!
    Right sort..wouldn't think so??

Bit of flair, possibly...just depends on his attitude

4. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Too hit and miss for me, moments of class but they were few and far between when he was with us before. Don't think he'd be too good for the harmony of the rest of the team either

5. Supergod00

Supergod00 Active Member

He actually reminds me of an English Adel, bags of talent and flair but poor attitude. Can be a game changer but often ineffective, if there's any truth then I can only imagine Ramsey or Les see him as a little project to see if they can bring out his potential.

6. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I would not be too upset if he joined us. He certainly has the talent and the potential to develop, but he also has an attitude problem. It would be demanding and testing case study for Chris Ramsey and the coaching team, but one that I would personally risk. He is certainly a rough diamond, but if he were fully rounded, then he would not be a player considering QPR as his next club.

Should it work then he could be a true flair QPR number 10 ...and it would also allow us to release Leroy Fer.

Of the two, I believe that Ravel would be more motivated to play for us, but we need to take stock of lessons learned from the Adel experience.

I would welcome such a signing

7. TimPR78

TimPR78 Well-Known Member

Thought he had signed for Lazio, woul be very worried why that hasn't happened, talented? Yes, but not worth the risk? not in my opinion

8. QPRoma

QPRoma Active Member

If it is SS Lazio note that the average salary is 15K a week so may be a good bargain then...

QPR999 likes this.
  9. Shawswood

Shawswood Well-Known Member

He scored 6 in 15 games for us, not to be sniffed at. If he agrees to come to us in the championship instead of Lazio in the sunshine I would think that he is more right sort than wrongun' now.

10. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

No No No - happy to be proved wrong, but I think the guy is a liability waiting to happen - surely there are better players out there than going back to a player that has proved over and over again to have a bad attitude and thinks he is too good for a 'little' club like ours

UTRs likes this.

11. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I hope that we may have the chance to find out who is correct. It is part of the "fun" watching a team develop.

But currently we are commenting on a rumour, so let's see what will actually develop.

seagullhoop likes this.
  12. stanleyparkerbowles

stanleyparkerbowles Well-Known Member

At his best for us he was defo one of those players you "wanted him to get the ball on the edge of their box"
    So long as we don't play him CB or DCM and only pay him peanuts he should be our 1 risk I reckon

13. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

No ****ing way. **** person

Extract from Wiki as a reminder:

In early 2011, he received a 12-month referral order and was ordered to pay £1,445 in costs and compensation after admitting two counts of witness intimidation.[54][55] After an assault charge was dropped when Morrison's girlfriend refused to testify, he was convicted of criminal damage for throwing her mobile phone out of a window and advised to undergo domestic violence counselling.[56] In February 2012, Morrison was involved in controversy after posting a homophobic threat on Twitter.[57] He was charged under FA rule E3, which governs use of abusive and/or insulting words including reference to a person's sexual orientation, and accepted his guilt.[58] He was fined £7,000.[59]

Morrison was remanded in custody on 31 July 2014 after being charged with two counts of common assault against a former girlfriend and her mother.[60] He was freed on bail after three days in custody.[61] In August 2014 he appeared at Manchester Crown Court entering not-guilty pleas to two counts of assault, one of assault causing actual bodily harm and one count of harassment. A provisional trial date was set for 26 January 2015.[62] In November 2014 he was found not guilty of the harassment charge of threatening to throw acid in the face of his ex-girlfriend and have her killed after the Crown Prosecution Service withdrew the charge.[63] On 15 January 2015, Morrison was cleared of all charges of assaulting his ex-girlfriend and her mother.[64]

UTRs and seagullhoop like this.
  14. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

Get rid of one Taarabt and sign another? I sincerely hope not.

15. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

He's nowhere near as good as Adel. Would like to see a flair playeror two in our team though.

16. Jimbo ranger

Jimbo ranger Active Member

What's the downside ..... He desperately needs to prove himself again , very talented and dangerous when on fire , if he flops he can chill in the reserves .

17. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

I was referring to his attitude and not ability. And yes I agree it would be great to have some flair back in the side, we can only hope.

18. RoyalOakRanger

RoyalOakRanger Active Member

The problem is if you get a player who is not interested it just disrupts the whole group. I think CR wants the 'right types'. I reckon that CR is better as a coach than as a man manager and would trust him more to improve a good player than try to coax the best out of a problematic talented player.

GoldhawkRoad and KooPeeArr like this.
  19. Loveitupthebush

Loveitupthebush Well-Known Member

Yes please and write in his contract any outside problems with the law and he is on his bike

20. sku

sku Well-Known Member

Another out of the same mould of Leon Jeanne....