1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

rebuilding job

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN, May 21, 2017.

1. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

Yeah I'm agreeing with you somewhat here. Earlier in the season I wanted to see more of Gray and felt it would do Mahrez good to have a spell on the bench and I think he's been fortunate to start pretty much every game because they believe in him but I believe he has because he's showing the right attitude away from the pitch. I don't think either would continue to play him otherwise.

I learnt some of the plans for the future earlier and all I can say until it's public knowledge is the owners want regular CL football and they have absolutely huge plans for the club and are currently being held back by the council. They're desperate to move ahead with the stadium extension but can't for reasons out of their hands, for now.

We're aiming for Europe next season and knowing their plans I'm excited about the summer.

2. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Im not really looking forward to this summer tbh. Unless the club moves quickly on players that show our ambition, im worried that our current players won't see any progress and will look elsewhere for regular european football.

3. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Riyad Mahrez played yesterday for a world XI against Athletico Madrid legends in the last ever game at the Vincente Calderon

He even scored. Just a shame he did score in the Champs League. Surely he would have needed our permission to play but if furthers puts him in the shop window

4. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Just out of interest ... why do you think that's "out of our reach" if it's within Everton's?

5. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Because Everton won't pay it either

6. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Ed's got it right - Everton have a bigger budget then us as well.

Sure we can say we have richer owners but FFP will bugger us - need to build the club first and it is getting there.

7. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Chelsea and Man City never seem to be constrained by FFP ... just saying

8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

They were lucky in that they did everything before FFP - spent stupid money and ran at a loss for a long while.

Man City did do dodgy dealing in that they got a £100m sponsorship by a group owned by their owners to get past FFP - we also done the same and are in trouble with the football league...

9. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

... but nobody is getting sanctioned ... Everton are playing in a stadium that currently holds about 6k more than ours .. we've go title and UCL monies ... my point being that there are really only the very big clubs that spend amounts that we can't go to ... as to the football league ... hoping we won't be seeing them any time soon <laugh>

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

They would love to make an example out of someone and who better then the upstart would dared faze the old guard - all of whom have board members as part of the FA...