1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Refusal to go.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by RedorDead, Jul 23, 2017.

1. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

A few months ago, some fans were saying that they were not renewing their season tickets.
    Just out of interest, who is still not going this season or have you changed your mind?

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I have not and none of my lot have renewed , I don't say it with any joy but I know of at least 6 others who say they have not got season tickets, not a multitude but I'm sure we would all make a difference.

3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

Living so far away from the action leaves me with a strange sense of empathy with those who have chosen to show their dissatisfaction with the antics surrounding Bristol City by refusing to renew season tickets for the upcoming campaign. In several posts I have mentioned my frustration with the happenings with my lifelong football club and have taken some slight satisfaction that at least I am not spending my hard earned money in to the bargain, unlike most of you back there.

It's a sad state of affairs when the paying public are taken for mugs by the footballing industry and if there is any comfort to be had you are surely aware that you aren't the only ones to be suffering this fate. You can fool all of the people some of the time, and so on, comes to mind but eventually they will push back and say "no more". Whether this protest reaches the brains of those who make these decisions is doubtful. but nevertheless it shows you care enough to make the statement and that's fine in my books.

4. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I have reduced my involvement in the box to a half seat, but thats not really anything to do with the manager. I really enjoy the company in there but feel like I am being mugged off in the corporate environment.. I also miss the on the day involvement with old friends around the ground etc. So I will be sitting in various stands near you this season!

5. Bigjohnatyeo

Bigjohnatyeo Well-Known Member

Those who have not renewed will regret it

Supcon72 and maga1810 like this.
  6. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

I'd renew no matter what, I just want to watch some football <laugh>

smhbcfc and tiger-emyrs-wolf like this.
  7. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

I have as my eldest wanted to go-we've had a St for 21 years consecutive.
    I have the shotgun ready Rod.
    He better perform, or he will be gone in a couple of months.

8. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Yes, we renewed, just moved a few rows back

9. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

freedom of choice, not a bad thing, as long as it is well founded.

10. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Haven't had a season ticket for a few years now to be honest. First issue is living out in Emersons Green, it means that it's an absolute ballache to get to Ashton Gate (before you even worry about parking and the inevitable walk), and also there's no one around here who wants to go. Football is a community or family thing and it's not financially viable for my family at the moment, and I wouldn't really enjoy going on my own, even if you do meet a load of decent people.

I try to do more away games these days instead, but after paying £20-£30 for a ticket, £60 odd for a train journey, the food, beer, etc, it's just ridiculous. I'm not a tight bastard by any means, but when I think about seeing City away 5 times v having an extra £500 towards a house or whatever, it's a no brainer.

I do watch highlights intensely and you get a decent enough opinion from the limited games I go to. But it's certainly not the working class game it once was.

11. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

Morning RODney, I haven't renewed.

No matter how many millions Lansdown throws at Junior it will end in tears, just a matter of time.

12. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

bit of a hike, but although seemingly difficult, m5 to portway via RODS bus? P&R would be AN OPTION...

BCFCRob likes this.
  13. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Didn't even realise that existed. Decent shout that, thanks.

14. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Same here!

15. maga1810

maga1810 Member

You think Emersons Green is a nightmare, try Penarth. First you have to get through Cardiff, although the new relief road past docks is a God send, in summer you have to negotiate the Brynglas tunnels. All this before you are even in England, let alone Bristol. God help you if there is a big event in Cardiff at the Millennium stadium.
    On the bright side - the toll goes at the end of 2018.

Red Robin likes this.
  16. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Rob i live very close to E/G and L/G you're making excuses to get down the gate<laugh><laugh><laugh>

A Nightmare on night games yes,Saturday is a doddle.

17. RedorDead

Wasn't a dig at anyone just a genuine question. Back in the late 90's till the season after play off final I very rarely went due to finances and young family with no interest.
    I know that at that time I missed it like mad, so wanted to know if the lure of the ground won over the ones not wanting to go at the moment.

18. RedorDead

It's Toms bus not mine, he just lets me borrow it.
    No it's great never an issue with parking spaces £4 there and back. Slight wait if busy on the return leg. But Emerson Green to Bris Park and Ride might be closer for you.

19. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

I had an office years ago at the the back the cheese factory on Penarth road, is it still there? Also had an office down on the Bay, then it was just full of pigeons and prostitutes.

maga1810 likes this.
  20. maga1810

maga1810 Member

Cheese factory gone - bay now really nice