1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Reid sacked by ridsdale!

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by greenjock, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Poyet's Eleven

Poyet's Eleven Well-Known Member

I've been exchanging emails with Ridsdale

2. greenjock

greenjock Member

Is he tired from "saving" us and his walking holidays?

3. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Cardiff fan here.

Peter Ridsdale should not be allowed near another Football Club. I said it when you brought him in.

Id be wary of listening to Cardiff fans saying he done good at our club. The man is a brilliant speaker and some of our fans have been taken in. You will hear that we wouldnt have our stadium without him or we wouldnt have our current investors. Of course no one can be sure of that. What we do know is Ridsdale took us to the brink with unpaid debts and winding up orders over unpaid tax. He got around 10,000 fans to buy Season Tickets early stating the money would be used to buy players. He didnt mention we were under a transfer embargo for unpaid tax. No new players and also the tax issue didnt get sorted.

All the while Ridsdale was paid massively including bonuses even though the stadium went over budget.

The most worrying thing Ive heard is your paying him??????????

Cardiff City are still heavily in financial debt due to both the appalling running of our club by Peter Ridsdale and Sam Hammam.

A club will go bust soon.

I really hope its not Plymouth. Your a great club.

Do not trust Ridsdale.

We lost Arron Ramsey while Ridsdale was there for £5m. Hes probably worth £25m.

Young Joe Mason looks a top , top prospect and hes been sold to us far too cheap.

We bought him for £250k I believe. Madness! I reckon it would take a bid of £3m for us to even think of selling at the moment.

Hes going to be a good PL player. Hope its with us.

4. saintsalive

saintsalive Member

I am surprised that you are surprised at Risdale,s behaviour.
    A man(?) with absolutely no principles who has milked every organisation he has been involved with. A total low life in all his football dealings - and probably every other dealing. I hope his family check their bank accounts regularly - nothing is beyond this this man

5. McLarenBluebird

Cardiff Fan in peace.

I was one of those who said to give him a chance, however working in Plymouth I have decided he's had his chance to run this football club, and he has done what he did with us, led you to the point of oblivion. Unfortunately, the investor hasn't materialised for you yet.

He's fired someone who effectively was a volunteer for the club, and appointed two of the players to turn around the teams fortunes. Two people who are part of the failing fortunes as it is? I cannot see it working.

Hopefully Argyle can get this mess turned around, have new owners, and still be in touch in January with the funds to strengthen the club, as you guys dont deserve to fall out of the league.

6. greenjock

greenjock Member

7. akagreengull2

akagreengull2 Member

Just read Peter Reids statement on the above link-would suggest others do the same.Still comes across as a truly decent guy,total respect for him.Even now he is expressing passion and support for the club.Look forward to seeing him on T.V again giving a match analysis.

8. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Couldn't agree more Greenjock, and Dickdale could learn a thing or two from Sir Peter !

9. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Ridsdale failed to answer the questions I put to him via email. He promised me a reply which I've never received. Very annoying especially since I had to bite my tongue and be polite to him!

10. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

With all due respect did you really expect him to answer .... it is Dickdale we are talking about !

11. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes GAT I did, he replied almost immediately stating he was driving but would answer my questions in full on arrival. Why reply at all if he had no intentions?

12. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Perhaps he was flooded with so many emails wishing him well, he was overcome with emotion as to how well he was liked down here not lol .... Its ok he didn't answer my email either ..... I only asked him his shoe size so I could buy him some new walking shoes ..... errrm well I did add a few .... ok a lot more things before I sent it lol

13. mexijan

mexijan Active Member