1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Released Players (and a few maybes)

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, May 26, 2017.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

The Club have released :

Ryan Tunnicliffe
    Larnell Cole
    Jack Grimmer
    Ryheem Sheckleford
    Josh Smile
    Jake Soutter
    Josh Walker
    Cassian Thomas
    Josh Lukwata.

The only one I'm a tad surprised about is Ryheem Scheckleford, although I guess it's two years since he moved up from the U18s and although he's done okay at U21/23 level, the competition is tough. Bit sad to see Captain Josh Smile go but the 'little battleship' did only make it by the skin of his teeth last summer.

The other players whose contracts are due to run out shortly are as they say, "having a dialogue":

Scott Parker, Jesse Joronen and Cameron Burgess are currently in discussion with the Club, while Tayo Edun, Elijah Adebayo and Taye Ashby-Hammond have been offered new deals.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  2. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Like you the two I'm surprised at Ryheem Sheckleford & Josh Smile thought they'd go out on loan to see if they stepped up.

Tunnicliffe & Cole came in together and go out together. Did Cole have an attitude problem as he was always loaned out ? I wasn't a fan of Tunnicliffe, as you can see from the Bristol City video in another post, he had it in him, but didn't bring it to the table often enough.

I was under the impression that Jozabed was on an 18 month loan contract at Celta Vigo, but the offal says 6 months, so I guess he will have to be assessed in June.
    Be interesting to find out about the loanies we had in, guess again it will be June when we get to know about Martin Cyriac, Kalas, & Piazon, can't see Petsos being kept on.
    Then there are those we loaned out whose contracts are not ending

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  3. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Release day is one of the unfortunate by-products of pursuing a good academy. It's hard to see talented players who didn't quite make it be released, especially knowing that their footballing dreams have had a big set back. Hopefully all of them can find either a place in a team elsewhere or a fulfilling career outside football.

Tunnicliffe and Cole had undoubted talent but they never seemed to have the mental side to their game. We've barely seen Cole while Tunnicliffe seems destined to clog up the midfield somewhere in League One. It's a shame they didn't work out, but seemed almost inevitable after Meulensteen left.