1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Retained list 2017

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Matster, May 2, 2017.

1. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Town have announced the retained list:

http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport...reveal-new-contract-offers-as-quartet-let-go/

"Paul Hurst has offered deals to four players, while a further four players have been told they won’t be having their contracts extended.

Mat Sadler, Shaun Whalley, Bryn Morris and Shaun Rowley have been offered new contracts with the club. "

Meanwhile, Mark Halstead, Kaiman Anderson, Ethan Jones and Callum Grogan will leave the club when their contracts expire at the end of June
    Read more at http://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/...-retain-list-3702762.aspx#FsH9R3bTzxkFOZDs.99

Obviously Halstead needs first team football and will get it either in League Two of possibly in League One. He definitely has the ability to do well and in some areas was better than Luetwiler. Rowley obviously is being touted as a future number one, but where does that leave Burton?

Anderson and Jones obviously haven't impressed enough in their loans out as strikers to other clubs, I know we saw some good stuff from them early on in this season, Jones seeming to stand out, and Anderson scoring for fun out on loan in his first stint. However they haven't done a swell recently. Will we rue these players moving on Andre Grey style? Defender Grogan I myself cannot comment on as I have't really seen him play.

The players offered new contracts are obviously the better performing players in our squad and deserve a new offer, however reading between the lines in the Whalley statement it seems we will see at least one new winger come in over the summer.

2. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

The young players have had limited chances but really have not impressed enough and we are not in a position to play people to give them experience. Players from bigger clubs such as Roberts can now come in on loan for longish periods and we must look to get those right. I would love to see Grimmer sign (especially as Riley is injured again) but it seems Hurst does not rate him in the 4-4-2 system he prefers. I don't think Burton has impressed greatly at Telford and Rowley seems to be the one with the greatest potential.

3. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The way Grimmer was commenting on Twitter, his time at Shrewsbury has ended