1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rio 2016

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thinking back to the Irish fellow earlier in the week........he got an apology and the judges where dismissed.........but of course the result still stood.

That's even worse than the authorities denying that they got it wrong.......and then still letting the result stay the same must of got the paddy slightly upset.

2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Yep agreed on that .. Even Joshua agreed he won it! Not to worry we done great at these games.. Did you see the wrestling? two coaches were upset and took there clothes off..

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It wasn't Sumo was it....yuk.

Agreed we did do well and I watched a number of fringe sports, or rather sports I would never have considered before, and found myself getting quite involved. Thing is though with the boxing, these people put their hearts into the effort and training and then get it stollen by a bunch of idiots who can't judge a cake contest let alone boxing match. I'd bet Joyce doesn't think not to worry. Sacking judges is too late for the contestant. Maybe look into how they came to the decision in the first place and be able to revue it. If that could happen genuinely and them really look properly then maybe the rediculous results would stop. Trouble is the revue panels are as bad or worse than the judges. None of them will rock the boat will they.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Mongolians....those two wrestling trainers......a bit weighty but rather under nourished to be sumo wrestlers....thank goodness we don't have sumo as an Olympic sport.

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I believe a number of boxing judges were sent home in disgrace earlier on in the tournament. These were obviously the good ones who were allowed to stay.

I also read they've changed the scoring system. Previously the judges had to press a button every time they saw a punch landed so there was at least a degree of objectivity and auditability in it. This time around, they've been allowed to subjectively score each round on a number of criteria - aggression, technical skill, artistic impression etc. No wonder it went wrong.

I believe the scorers sent home early have been recruited by the FA to referee League 2 games next season, so at least that's a step forward.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

That button pressing idea did stop awhile back.....it required ex-amount of judges to press within a given time....a second or so I believe.....and of course pressing the right coloured button.....:emoticon-0120-doh:........slow reaction time from a judge meant no point scored.....of course not intentional of course.

7. Greenarmyjoe

Will those judges have their buttons for league 2 refereeing..

Only two weeks and the Para olympics get under way.. <party>

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I know it's supposed to be a bit PC to admire the para Olympics but I'm sorry I can't get into that at all. I have no problem with them having their own competition and I think that some of the guts and determination is admirable but it's not for me I'm afraid.

9. Greenarmyjoe

Well understand its not for everyone, but i have enjoyed the last few so keep watching.. Yes i admire them all for having a go.. Shame we have to wait 4 years now for the next show in Japan..

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

And the World Cup...........OH NO!!!!

Heard today that the Irish Boxer is facing disciplinary for saying rude things when he spoke about his result and about the judges. Great when you get doubly punished for telling the truth isn't it. Bad enough they stole his medal. Apparently he also tweeted "well don Vlad Putin how much did that cost you". Good man.