1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The RIP Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by durbar2003, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Chaz

Chaz Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to wonder if you do. What's your point?

2. GroveRanger

GroveRanger Well-Known Member

I do. What's your point.

3. Chaz

Chaz Well-Known Member

My point is why are you constantly trying to derail threads? "Did he support QPR?" What's that got to do with a thread on condolences for celebrities we admired? Why did you post it here - in fact why have you posted it anywhere? It's irrelevant, and plain annoying.

4. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Have to say Grove it's becoming very tedious your "Did he support QPR?" comment on every death post.......it reminds me of Swords's quip about Clive and his LFW match day reports.......humorous at first, then repetitive, then bloody annoying.......time to give it a rest eh?

Hoops Eternal likes this.
  5. GroveRanger

Have you looked at some of the comments from other posters on these RIP threads? A few got the joke and it spawned some pleasing returns, for those of you who got it I would like to say thanks.

"Condolences for celebrities we admired" Really? Do you have any idea how pompous that makes you sound? That is the reason I started the "does he support QPR?" posts in the first place. Take a step back and honestly tell me why anyone has to give a flying **** about the drummer from Jefferson Airplane. On a human level I am saddened by any poor sod who kicks the bucket before their time (what ever that means) but why bleat on about it on a football forum?

This is a QPR board but it hasn't stopped anyone posting "off topic" threads which are of such little relevance to QPR I wonder why they continue on this forum. I do usually post a load of old tosh on the GC forum but that is populated by people that don't appear to have had a sense of humour bypass and can laugh at themselves and not get the huff.

If you think I have been irrelevant and annoying/bloody annoying try sieving though some the other sh*te posted on this board and vent at everyone else as well.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  6. Chaz

Chaz Well-Known Member

If you don't like off topic threads, don't read them. Don't be a dick and spoil them for those of us that do have a life outside their club, though...

7. GroveRanger

Message received loud and ****ing clear pal. I will try and look really really hard for a life outside my club and won't bother joining in with the mawkish nonsense any longer.

QPR Oslo and factamondo like this.
  8. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

Chaz irrespective of what you may think about the poster there was no need for the 2nd sentence above.......

9. Chaz

Chaz Well-Known Member

Apologies, Tramore. A thread about people's passing didn't need to get hijacked. I thought Grove's rather poor attempt at a post was in bad taste.

10. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

Sound Chaz.........my feelings on the subject are at post 24 above.......

11. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

I think there can be a tendency towards mawkishness in our society today - at least, someone dies, and others who did not know the deceased (but who are genuinely sympathetic) go into mourning as if they were best buddies.

On the OT threads on this site, I see no reason why there can't be tributes to much loved performers. I like the chance to express my admiration and appreciation for Bowie, Wogan etc.

I do have more difficulties with the "My neighbour Eldon just had a tree fall on him" threads

12. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Just wait until the Queen or Phil the Greek peg it. I'm just grateful this place didn't exist when Di died.

With this new 'deaths by month' approach I am fighting my temptation to report on the demise of obscure 98 year old Slovenian playwrights, and ancient Uruguayan actresses.

kiwiqpr and UTRs like this.
  13. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

I got in hot trouble in the past about these RIP threads as I think they are not much more than modern culture trying to owe the news. I don't act surprised that people die at all and entertainers work is usually preserved anyway so IMO what's the point? Celebrate these people in life and death IMO
    I care more about innocent normal people who are taken rather than the bollocks

Famous people will die tomorrow so what's the difference IMO

Bowie means the same to me dead or alive because I like his art

14. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Queen Elizabeth 2nd is one of this Countries greatest and long serving Monarchs.
    She has had a fantastic sense of duty and has been incredibly hard working (unlike many of the lesser Royals!).
    It will be a hugely sad day when she dies imo and I suspect that the Country will have a day of mourning.

mapleranger likes this.
  15. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

Hook, Line and Sinker me thinks.......:biggrin:

16. rangercol

Everything has to be a wind up does it?

17. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Honestly Col, it wasn't it was a guess at the diverse opinions we will be treated to when the inevitable happens. I didn't have anyone in mind. I respect the Royal Family as individuals for what they do, I think it's a horrible life under the lens and even worse to be born into a job and have no choice about it. I'm not a monarchist but I wouldn't change it for the UK, last thing I want is another politician as head of state.

18. rangercol

I wasn't suggesting that you were on the wind up mate.
    Just finding this place rather tiresome (I know.............I can always choose to do one!).

19. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

The self inflicted variety, and not suicide - over here someone did this stunt to scare the kids one Halloween, literally :-

It would appear that he shares a similar state of health as his name-sake Michael.

Theatre hanging: Raphael Schumacher declared brain dead

please log in to view this image
    Raphael Schumacher had been in a coma since the incident. Doctors had said his condition was "deteriorating"
    Raphael Schumacher, the Italian actor who was accidentally hanged during a live theatre performance, has been declared clinically dead.

Schumacher, 27, was re-enacting a hanging scene during an interactive performance in Pisa, when a spectator realised the stunt had gone wrong.

The actor, who had been in a coma since Saturday night, has subsequently been declared brain dead by doctors.

An investigation has been launched into the theatre's safety procedures.

Keeping actors safe

Schumacher's condition has been deteriorating since he was taken to a local hospital on Sunday. He did not respond to treatment and doctors suggested he had suffered severe and probably irreversible brain damage.

Following a six-hour procedure to establish brain death on Thursday, the hospital issued a statement: "The family and the prosecutor's office have both authorised that his organs be donated, but their removal will be subject to a medical assessment to be performed in the course of the night."

please log in to view this image

The theatre where the incident took place is in Pisa, Italy
    Schumacher was appearing in a production of Mirages at the Teatro Lux.

At the time of the incident, he was reciting a monologue from Frank Wedekind's Spring Awakening alone in a courtyard in front of just one spectator. The performance ended with Schumacher placing his head in a noose.

The actor was discovered unconscious and seriously oxygen-deprived by a second spectator, reportedly a medical student, who rushed to his aid.

The actor reportedly changed the ending of the scene, which was meant to involve a gun rather than see him hanging.

The prosecutor's office is looking into the circumstances of the incident. Both his mother and close friends have ruled out suggestions Schumacher took his own life.

It is understood the focus of the investigation will shift from grievous bodily harm to culpable homicide (manslaughter). The main assumption remains it was a tragic accident on stage.

"We are shocked," Gabriele De Luca, the art director at the theatre, told the Daily Mail. "No one, not even us, understands how this happened and it will be up to the police to shed light on it."

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-35500871

20. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Go on then, go on, go on, go on...:grin:

kiwiqpr likes this.