1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

RIP Gasroom

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by josewwfc, Feb 4, 2015.

1. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

For those who didn't see it, the gasroom is closing today due to too many breachs of terms and conditions (and general bad spirit). Hardly popular on here but will be strange to see it closed, and wonder if that may now mean we get a few more on here!

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As long as it's not the ones who caused the closure. I can assure you they won't last long if they try to disrupt this forum. Welcome to all those who can respect others' views and act like adults

3. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

a second gasroom has now started up - now a lot more similar to this forum with logins. As ever though, would be good to see new members on here still!

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That didn't take long. Who was running the Gas Room then? Someone must have been planning this for a new site to have been set up so soon.

5. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

The Gasroom was full of a clique abusing other posters en masse who they didn't agree with and the closure is not before time. If you don't join in with the singing at games or attend every matchthen you're not a proper fan etc etc. The average age of their posters seemed to be about 16/17 years old. Keep an eye out Ron or they could ruin this site. <whistle>

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No chance mowgli. We've had people trying to ruin various forums. Doesn't take long to spot them and only a couple of secs to ban them. Strange thing is though; why were people allowing themselves to get abused when they could just come here instead?

7. Cardiff-Wycombe

Cardiff-Wycombe Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anyone new yet

8. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

I stopped looking at the site as i got fed up with all the bitching and calling people trolls and wums, it really was nasty at the end. I must admit it was early in posting up the goals but that's all that was good about it.

9. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

Sometimes I enjoyed some of the debate on the gasroom, but there seemed to be two or three distinctive groups.
    1. The..."I have been here from the opening and that means I have more right to comment than you" brigade
    2. The grammar police
    3. The groups who constantly ganged up and berated some members whether their posts were sensible or not.
    4. The WUMS and general idiots
    5. Finally, the normal footie supporting folk

At times i actually felt sorry for some posters and the abuse they received. Yes, I have heard all the comments about "if you cant take it, don't come on here or read it". But it did have a certain bullying culture about it. Can't say it ever bothered me, but i have seen similar on other non football related sites and it can have a real effect on peoples lives / wellbeing.
    The anonymity of the world wide web leaves us open to keyboard warriors and what may be amusing to one, can be very hurtful to others.

I have seen comments on their about us not606'rs. Apparently they think this place is too sterile and nice. When debating football or club matters, what is wrong with being civil. You can still have banter with people without being offensive.
    Perhaps we are the minority!

mowgli1960 likes this.
  10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Quite happy to have all the nice people here and let the others bitch it out on another forum. We have good friends from other teams here too, so I like it how it is. Why don't the nice people from Gasroom come over here and have civil discussions? I see every request to ban from Not 606; people who try to disrupt are very quickly banned.

We have a great Horse Racing Forum here too, unlike some others.

Out of interest, our horse racing forum has a very wide range of interests. For example :

All Things Equestrian (Except Horse Racing)

The "Discuss Anything EXCEPT Horses" Thread

The Wine Cellar

Share Trading Chat

Euro Watch

Scottish Independence

If any of these topics interest you, feel free to have a look/join in