1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rival Watch

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Style, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Style

Style 'where is the love'

Ha i ****ing hope not! I don't think either team has a good enough defence for that anyway.

2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Wasn't the reverse fixture 0-0 a couple months back?

3. Style

Style 'where is the love'

Yes, however I can't see us settling for a draw at home. It's also extremely unlikely that neither team would score over 2 matches.

4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

We havent lost to you in 5/6 consecutive league games. So why shouldn't I think we should win this.

And what Bod says <ok>

Christiansmith likes this.
  5. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Diego Costa: Chelsea striker is dropped after dispute over fitness with coach - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38617783

Maybe the wheel is going to start coming off. If they ever lose that match and if we get one over pool, then it would be truly on!

6. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Of course we don't want to be overconfident and we don't want to jinx it but

United won all recent matches in all competitions
    The RS didn't win the last 3 matches and didn't score in the last 2. Whether they admit or not they are clearly on the slide.

Logical for us to be confident. #kloppyflop ****ting his pants before the match and openly admitting it not so. <laugh>

7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I'm still not confident <laugh>

8. Christiansmith

Nor am I <laugh> but we'll whip the deluded sliding RS

9. ITS_NOT_JUST_A_GAME

ITS_NOT_JUST_A_GAME Active Member

Find it hard to believe Liverpool didn`t try to pip Everton on the Schneiderlin deal, he would be a much better option than they have at present to pick from.

10. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

yeah of course they , well apart from the fixture at Anfield a few months ago never mind the one they lost 2-0 & the draw in the second leg of EL last season <doh> .

11. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Did you miss the word recent?

12. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

no
    But i did misread it as recent matches against us :oops:

me bad - i'll get me coat

13. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

I love Swansea - great side.

14. glazerfodder

Swansea - bloody useless - always have been

15. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

"The news comes amid reports he is the subject of an offer to move to China that would be worth £30m a year"

Chelsea seem to have become a feeder club for China. Ramires, Oscar, now Costa. Interesting business model tbh - sign one or two season wonders, treat them badly, then flog them to the far east for cash. It's one way to launder money I suppose...

Christiansmith and glazerfodder like this.
  16. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I bet City fans are mightily relieved the press awarded them the league title in September, again, as they've no ****ing chance of winning it in May.

Style likes this.
  17. glazerfodder

Pep today ....

pep.jpg

Style likes this.
  18. Christiansmith

People never learn. Every season City (or Chelsea) win their first 10 matches and the media gives them the title.

19. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

It was worse this season. Sky, the BBC, and the red tops had all but awarded City the PL title before a ball was even kicked.
    Most were billing this season as a straight up two horse race between United and City, they were all caught up in the Pep vs Jose romance.

Even after the ****ty start to the season United had, they are still only 2 points behind City. <laugh>
    Always said Pep is overrated as a manager. He will win things at City eventually, purely because they have a never ending supply of money and he can just keep nonchalantly spending cash until he gets it right, thats not the sign of a good manager, thats all the skills of a kid playing Championship manager on his Xbox.

I know Jose has had money over the years at Chelsea and Real. But he had, comparatively speaking, **** all at Porto when he won the CL, and even his Inter team that won the treble had no where near the level of resources as Barca or Bayern. Plus we have seen what Jose can do to turn games around, at Chelsea especially during first tenure, even if we went in at HT 1-0 down, I fancied he would change something tactically so we could get something out of the game.

Conte as well, I know he inherited a squad that had won the PL the season before last, but when he realised things werent working with the personnel and the tactics, he changed it up and we went on a 13 match winning streak. I just don't see that type of dynamism and tactical nous from Pep and never have.

Pep was successful because the two teams he has managed prior to City, were the best teams in the world when he arrived. I mean, that Barca team he had with Messi, Xavi, Iniesta......how could anyone fail with those players? And La Liga is piss weak in terms of competition, always has been. Barca, Real and occassionally Atletico, thats it. Bundesliga? Bayern have a ridiculous advantage over everyone else! Look at how competitive the PL is this season! Its awesome.

20. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Pep can get results with the squad he has. Pep though has his own agenda to fulfill. I hope he falls on his own sword.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017