1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Road rage with cyclists. O/T

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Aug 2, 2015.

1. BalesBalls

BalesBalls Active Member

Their not even allowed on the pavements
    Had one cyclist try to cut across me has the traffic lights turned green for me , he hard to hit his brakes hard and went flying over his handlebars

2. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

My own, well-reasoned and impartial, view is that cyclists are complete ****s. Work in London for any time and you'll find it hard to disagree. Somehow think they're above the rules and entitled to special treatment, the oxygen-thieving ****ers...

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  3. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Serves him right, I hope he scraped his face.

4. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Half the cyclists on my route to work have bikes worth thousands, how comes them ****ing bastards don't pay road tax? They get more of the road than me and pay **** all (obviously some of them have cars as well).

Bastards, especially the ones with the flashing lights.

5. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

Again, I hate defending these ****s but there is no such thing as a road tax (well not anymore anyway).It is an emissions tax now. Unless you want to tax them for farting <laugh>

6. Tel (they/them)

That's a fair point.

Still a bunch of ****s.

7. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

Absolutely. It probably doesn't come across on here, but I immensely dislike these two wheeled ****ers. We should be hunting these ****s, not lions

8. makemdan

makemdan Well-Known Member

The cyclist was in the right at first, leaving space for dopey motorists opening doors but he went way over the top after that. Taxi driver was a dick as well. Totally unrepresentative of cyclists (and mebs taxi drivers too)
    We all remember only the bad examples.
    I get pissed off walking the dog when cyclists fly up behind me without warning and complain when my dog chases them BUT the majority rise with consideration. Oh, and as a cyclist I also had 2 motor cycles and a car so paid tax x 3

9. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

I'm a cyclist and a driver. When I ride I adhere to the Highway Code as i respect his. I am very courteous to cyclists when I'm driving mostly... But the ones who think they own the road. Two abrest a country lane with no room to pass for instance! No reason ever to ride two abrest! Why do it?

I dragged a lad off his bike in Newcastle when I crossed at a ped crossing. Pressed the button, little green man came on, me and my pregnant wife crossed and I saw him coming and he missed us by a few feet. Grabbed his backpack on the way past and was ready to kill the ****er! My missus had to drag me off him!

10. Lostinvegas

Lostinvegas Well-Known Member

Idiot driver got what he deserved. Its debatable on if he was too close to the cyclist but he should have just ignored the cyclist and driven off.

The assault that followed was idiotic. I know plenty of cyclist who are very fit and also do mma and cage fighting. He is lucky he just fell on his face and looks like a tit on the Internet

I cycle a lot and some drivers are idiots, they don't look. I always wear a helmet and generally ride on country roads or cannal path cycle routes as its much safer.

11. Bumblebore

Bumblebore Well-Known Member

There's a lot of tarring all people with the same brush here! FFS get some perspective, I'm sure everyone on here drives their cars with utmost precision and respect for other road users at all times.
    The cyclist in this video is a knob whos looking for something to put on youtube. He goads the driver who is also a knob and embarrasses himself through his stupid aggressive behaviour. **** em both.
    I ride a bicycle mostly off road but occasionally on the streets where I obey the traffic laws as I would in my car. I hate other cyclists who jump lights, ride at speed on pavements and especially ride two abreast! They are a special breed of ****s! But there is a special bunch of car drivers out there who have tried to kill me a number of times (on my bicycle and motorbike) cos they don't know what a mirror is for or cos they've got an important text to send. They're a bunch of ****s too, but you know there are some decent drivers out there too so I'm not going to make silly sweeping generalisations about a specific group of people because then I'd look a right lazy **** like this fella
    http://m.sunderlandecho.com/news/lo...nd-well-in-the-fa-cup-1-6475683#comments-area

12. crumble bungle

crumble bungle Well-Known Member

like I said I thought it was mainly the lycra clad cyclists who feel the need to demonstrate their speed and lack of road awareness to other road users, but having watched a couple of those videos realise it isn't. I do tend to take each cyclist I come across differently from when I first see them, if they are in lycra and riding about 6 feet off the kerb then my natural thoughts are "twat". Due to this I am aware of them and on-coming traffic and pass them by safely but without as much "clearance" as perhaps I should as the **** doesn't give me enough room on the road to do so, the ****in moron. if its a normal fella or women riding to work on a mountain bike or whatever reasonably close to the kerb, fair play they get my respect and I give them plenty room. Problem is these lycra clad tossers have to ride further away from the kerb due to the ridiculously skinny tyres on their racing bikes....arseholes need a mountain bike!! or fatter tyres.
    On another note I think all cyclists should have to have insurance, they are road users so get some ****in insurance.
    By the way I also cycle and am training to be a driving instructor and ideally your "normal" driving position is about a metre or a doors width off the kerb where possible depending on road widths and road conditions. When passing parked cars it is still about a metre or doors width where possible and I teach my pupils to pass cyclists saying "pass them when it is safe and convenient to do so giving them sufficient room incase they have to swerve around a drain or pothole etc.
    what a ****in hypocrite I am lol.

makemdan likes this.
  13. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

I have a problem with bikes....****ing motorbikes...scooters really Pain in the arse....had collisions with several of them...

Don't see many cyclists...roads are to dodgy..

14. Tel (they/them)

On the flip side, I can't help but notice how flustered that driver is getting, that's a sure fire sign of being nervous. The bottom line is, if he tried taking my camera off me he'd have been put through his windscreen without a moments hesitation.

This lad wound him up and that's exactly what I'd have done at that point, the ending was just ****ing comical.

15. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

I'm not defending cyclists but many drivers are ignorant, selfish bastards.
    Most lose the use their legs were intended for when they pass the test.
    Wont take a five minute walk to the local shop - no, they take the car, lazy bastards.
    Very inconsiderate as well some of them, not got a second to spare.
    The other day, Jerry was driving me home & a ****ing ice cream van pulled out right in front of her.

I don't know about cyclists having no regard for the highway code.
    The worst offenders are taxi drivers & truckers imo.
    They're a law unto themselves them bastards.
    I'm pleased I don't drive anymore, you need eyes up your arse these days.

16. Bumblebore

Ended up on a grass verge on my motorbike doing 60 on Saturday. Overtook a woman who had been happy dawdling behind a tractor then suddenly changed her mind as I passed her. No look over the shoulder, no mirrors and no indicators! As a biker you grow a kind of sixth sense for tools like this and had gone extra wide but her lunge still forced me onto the grass for a second. No matter what you ride/drive try not to be a ****.

Billy Death likes this.
  17. Bumblebore

Ha Comm I've been to Thailand a number of times and it's a completely different kettle of crazy over there! I consider riding pissed on the back of a motorbike/scooter taxi in Bangkok an adrenaline sport!

18. Tel (they/them)

The worst offenders are taxi drivers and bus drivers for me, I'd systematically destroy every single one of them if I could get away with it.

Too busy talking **** to look where they are going and concentrate on what's in their mirrors.

19. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Yes indeed.
    I'll tell you what else ****s me off - twats who don't indicate. Is it laziness or just pure ****ing ignorance?
    Like every other road user just has to guess where they are going?

marcusblackcat likes this.
  20. Tel (they/them)

Taxi drivers mate, they don't get indicators fitted to their cars. Them ****s who change lanes on a motorway without indicating, fine if the road is clear but moving from the left into the middle at the same time as some other non-indicator is moving from the right into the middle is the most common cause of accident on the motorway.

I hate ****s in cars who take a wide berth to turn left into a corner on a two lane road, cutting right into my lane just to turn a ****ing Ford Focus around a 90 degree bend, it's like they think they're driving a 200ft yacht.