1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rose's Interview

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by No Kane No Gain, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Spudulike

Spudulike Well-Known Member

Well within a matter of minutes, the attention now turns to Liverpool as Philippe Coutinho has submitted a transfer request. Seems this season is going to be about club vs player power.

Thanks Mr. Neymar Jr & PSG. I'm sure your recent transfer saga has nothing to do with the utter mess football appears to be in right this moment.

2. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

He should be grateful the fine per week is in terms of
    what he is currently paid and not what he thinks he is worth.

3. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

I said it a couple of seasons back, in the eyes of The Sun and The Wail we are the Jeremy Corbyn of the Premier League, and for this we must be hated and punished by the powers that be at every turn.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  4. Funny you mentioned that - I was just going to suggest that JC must have announced an affiliation with the club <laugh>

5. humanbeingincroydon

Meanwhile, on the training pitch...

6. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Coutinho handing in a transfer request a day before their season starts takes the biscuit. Another player who only recently signed a new deal but now decides he wants out and has gone about it the complete wrong way.

As much as I'd like to see a rival weakened I hope Liverpool dig in and tell him it's not happening.

Spurf and remembercolinlee like this.
  7. humanbeingincroydon

I've seen it said that the reason for Rose's fine wasn't anything he said to Murdoch's Hate Comic, but for giving a non-sanctioned team interview.

...surely speaking to Murdoch's Hate Comic is reason enough?

8. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Tbf, although the Sun is undoubtedly a comic. If it's hate you want, the Fail and the Excess are very hard to beat.

9. humanbeingincroydon

Remember it was The Sun that splashed the name and face of the bloke whose fridge caught fire at Grenfell Tower which led to the fire all over their website in an article clearly designed to stir up a lynch mob mentality.

10. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

A player who was one of my favorites aimed a deliberate and carefully planned kick in the balls at everything Spurs-related in the name of player power. This is life at its finest. What to do? Well, if you give him personally what he wants, you'll be walking around with a sign in front of your zipper saying, "Kick if you want something".

On the other hand, we need to de-escalate the crisis as well and as quickly as possible, especially as the season's about to start. This will take all Pochettino's skills. It is possible to turn this negative event into a way to bond more tightly, though you need to be a really good psychologist to do it.

We can't afford to raise wages much, but this has now become a fraught issue. Could we, perhaps, create loyalty incentives or reward loyalty? Kane deserves something extra, I think, and perhaps Alli and others as well for speaking up for keeping the team together earlier this summer.

One thing which would surely help would be a big or biggish signing ASAP. As well as Daniel Levy has done overall with the club, the pattern has been two or three brilliant moves to one glaring miscalculation. This summer, which began with selling a player we could use to a rival for the first time in years and has continued with a complete lack of signings, qualifies as the latter.

11. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Might need the High Dependency Unit and plenty of pethidine.

12. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Yep, they're ****s, no doubt. But for consistent bigotry and xenophobia, you can't beat the Fail & Excess.

It's every day!...

13. LockStock

LockStock Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  14. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

It may be that Spurs have accelerated their pursuit of Sanchez no not that one in the hopes of having something agreed ASAP, maybe even before kickoff tomorrow. If so, that would be pound-wise. Sanchez seems to be very much in the line of Alderweireld and Vertonghen. It also demonstrates, I think, how spending has become unsustainable. He may cost more than both together.

15. humanbeingincroydon

The Google comment is where Rose lost his credibility when you look at it like this...

Spurs signings you needed to Google
    Dele Alli
    Eric Dier
    Christian Eriksen
    Son Heung-min
    Danny Rose

Spurs signings you didn't need to Google
    Moussa Sissoko
    Roberto Soldado
    Emmanuel Adebayor

16. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

While I agree with you on the point of this post (for once)... I'm not sure you can argue that Soldado was more well known than Son and/or Eriksen. I'd say most people who know anything about football would have known about all three of them.

17. humanbeingincroydon

Actually I can, considering the fact that Soldado was the top non-Barca/Ladrones scorer in La Liga for three seasons running, while Son was so well-known more people were convinced we signed him just to sell shirts in the Far East while Eriksen was always getting overlooked in favour of other Eredivisie prospects like Wijnaldum, Depay et al.

remembercolinlee and paultheplug like this.
  18. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

I think I know a bit about football but do not follow European teams and a lot of people are like me so would not have known Son and/or Eriksen.

19. humanbeingincroydon

People who play Football Manager knew Son and Eriksen, people who follow football knew Soldado - big difference.

Actually, on the Eriksen point, even though we were linked with numerous Eredivisie players in the summer of 2012 such as Vertonghen (obviously), Wijnaldum and Clasie - but Eriksen was conspicuous in his non-linkage.

20. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

That's true for me too I follow Spurs and to a lesser extent the PL and that's it. Son or Eriksen, WHO?