1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Roughest Hull boozer you've supped in.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Carmine Galante., Jun 28, 2017.

1. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

This is the best thread ever! Makes me miss home & all the east hull boozers that I grew up in..... for the record its goat & compass closely followed by the crown on holderness rerd

Howden Tigress likes this.
  2. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Me too happy days

3. nbetiger

nbetiger Well-Known Member

skipper's on North bransholme i take it live up that way myself and don't use it

4. nbetiger

endyke now a premier convince store

5. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

The Beech tree in Kirkella.? ..Leave it out...I went in there on a couple of occasions. Seemed full of hooray Henry's and Henrietta's. Can't image any needle in there.
    Unless someone had their Chardonnay or Pims spilled.

Pennine Rambler on N. Bransholme was best avoided if a certain notorious family where in there, along with Gypsyville Tavern on Hessle High Road.

nbetiger likes this.
  6. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Bit of a whoooosh! there.Maybe I should have added a big smiley to my post?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    dennisboothstash likes this.
  7. Des Head

Des Head Well-Known Member

I live in East Yorkshire so apologies in advance for coming into Hull and raping your facilities.

My wife and I were doing up a house (shovelling human ****e out of a crack den) down Holland Street and as such spent a bit of time in Elephant and Castle. During daylight hours, obvs.

The first time we went an old man threw an empty fag packet at our feet next to the bin outside. My wife was going to pick it up but I tugged her hand as she'd already upset some schoolkids by picking up their chip wrappers and this guy looked more menacing than children. Already committed to the door we entered into a fog of cannabis smoke. Five or so blokes were sat smoking weed under the 'No Smoking' sign, taking it in turns to play pool next to the 'No Smoking Over The Pool Table' sign. We were impressed by the black marble flooring which upon closer inspection turned out to be the dirtiest carpet I have ever seen, somehow buffed to a high sheen. A shelf was hanging off a pillar with a bit of blood on it.

Undeterred, we continued to the bar, next to which was a framed closure order from Humberside Plod with the words 'REINSTATED. THIS IS OUR PUB' written on it in red pen. The girl behind the bar informed us that the police had trouble locating certain individuals when the pub was closed so they'd been forced to allow it to reopen. I don't know how true this was but I wasn't going to call her a liar or anybody in there anything. We had three pints each and the price was for some reason, different every time. The first time my wife went to the toilet she came back 20 seconds later and I had to go and stand on guard as there were no doors. Not on the way in, not on the cubicles. Luckily no one could see in as there weren't any lights either. Or an intact sink.

The last time we went in a man tried to force us to play poker and as our neighbours had been removing stuff from the house as quick as we were putting it in, we cut our losses and did one.

Strange days.

8. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Mind you my brother nearly filled Jimmy Bullard in in Beech Tree...
    Turned out that no, he didn't know he was, but made the reasonable assumption that anyone asking that question in the first place was a ****, and should be removed from the area

9. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

Sums up the place perfectly.

10. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

My old man used to go in there every Tuesday night, why a Tuesday I'll never know.

Saying that I went in with him one night( it was a Tuesday) and he had his little group of mates who'd meet up with and have a blather, mainly about sport.

They were the only ones in the place.

nbetiger likes this.

11. Des Head

Des Head Well-Known Member

Some of the window panes were cardboard.

12. nbetiger

I'm surprised it is still open tbh

13. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It's a fish and chip restaurant now.

Des Head likes this.
  14. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Nearly kicked off one Saturday at the end of 1979.<laugh>A mate came round and asked if I fancied a pint to get over the 7-2 defeat by Brentford. He drove up there, first time either of us had been in. Paul and Shaun McN were in and another of our group from those days. The founder of the Action Group and chief coffin carrier came in to meet his mate who had been to the game. Then some of the team walked in laughing and joking. A few comments about instead of laughing they should be at home and hanging their heads in shame. The Coffin Carrier then got in a heated discussion about they can't have discussed the match much and been in a rush to get back to the pub when they arrived back before someone who had been by car. Got to jackets off and invitations to discuss it on the car park with one of the players, can't remember which one, may have been Gordon Nesbit, (which makes me realise how heated it was as Dave was a big fan of Nesbit's) before people stepped in.

Think that was the only time some of us ever went in there.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  15. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Yep you're right, bit of memory fade on my part.

16. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

As a kid I cut my teeth in Concord club(Pint&Pot) and Rampant horse, Orchard Park and Arctic Ranger.

They were ****.

Someone mentioned Henry's earlier. I ****ing loved it there. James Brown, Cider, fights I enjoyed as a gawper, girls who liked a fun time...

I'm 52 now though and when I check some of those memories... I'd be worried for that young lad.

I'm alright now though, I turned out to be a boring old fart on a football forum :cheesy:

17. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I got nicked for drink driving on my way home from my last visit to Henry's. :emoticon-0120-doh:

Early 80's, when drink driving was still cool. :emoticon-0103-cool:

18. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

I bet you was the pissed up twat who offered me and and a mate a lift home and we ended up at a house party on Branserm :angry:

19. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

As a young lad, a pal of mine said we had to pop into Henry's before we went into town to see if this 'bird' he fancied was in there. I don't know about eye opener but it was an arse opener!!!!!.. For two hours I stood back to a wall breathing quietly as I was eyed up and down. <laugh>.... we ended up in Hull Royal that night as the stupid git jumped off Anlaby Road flyover trying to catch up with her as she went down the Boulevard.

Kempton likes this.
  20. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Don't think OLM ever lived on brans ome.