1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Routledge

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swans-m, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Jesus, for the font of all knowledge Dai you're thick as a brick. Leeds fans are praising Bartley to the skies for a reason...and he's never played for Yeovil.

2. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Well he needed to go out on loan, to improve his game, he was useless for us and a right liability at the back, no way he would get back into a Swansea side, Monk can keep him, never been impressed by Bartley, can see why Arsenal wanted to offload him!!.......... <ok>

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    swanseaandproud likes this.
  3. Kwame B

Kwame B Well-Known Member

One thing I’ll credit Bartley for is having a bit of mongrel in him.
    Something which has perhaps been missing from our back four for a while.
    Naughton, Fernandes and Mawson are far from intimidating, Olsenn has a bit more fire in his belly, which is another aspect of his game that I like.
    Back to Bartley though, I’ve watched a fair bit of Leeds this season and he has looked good.
    Incidentally, (sorry to go so off-topic!)also watched Chris Woods in an All Whites game last year and he is absolutely massive!

Stumpy and DragonPhilljack like this.
  4. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

He deservees praise ... from a Championship side

5. seabreeze

When I see one of our players belittled by our own , it's a flaw in me to defend him if it's over harsh . For every post I've defended Fer , there is three times as many belittling him ... same is true for Routledge

6. Kifflom!

FYI criticism/ critiquing does not = 'belittling'.

Also, Leeds may well be promoted. They are certainly there or thereabouts. Dismissing Bartley's performances so lightly when neither you nor I watch him every week is not wise. Leeds fans tend to be a knowledgeable bunch whether you like them or not. If they say he's doing really well (and Kwame seems to confirm this) I suggest we believe them.

Players often adapt and develop when on loan. Not saying we should bring him back at all but you can't ignore his recent performances.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  7. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

I like Bartely, he was an understudy with us, learning his trade. I thought he showed a lot of potential but never got a chance to learn and mature here due to Ash forming a solid(ish) partnership with Fernandez so he never got the string of consecutive apearences he needed to grow as a player.

I'd love to see him play next to Mawson as I think he would be a better long term prospect than Fernandez. Personally I hope clement brings him back and we see this happen next season.

ValleyGraduate12 and Newportswan like this.
  8. seabreeze

So saying another player with his legs chopped off , is a better player than Fer and having others like the statement is a bit of constructive criticism and not belittling . Thousands wouldn't believe you Aussie , but I will ..lol

9. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Fer has been fantastic since he has been here and shows more enthusiasm whenever he is interviewed than most. I like him a lot he is an asset to the squad imo..

Stumpy and neveroffsidereff like this.
  10. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

No, because it's true <ok>

11. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

That's not the issue being debated Dai. Roof, at every opportunity tries to post that Fer is better than Gylfi, or thinks he can replace Gylfi.

Kifflom! likes this.
  12. Kifflom!

No doubt he'll say I'm misreading him (again) but the tenure of his posts seems to be that if Siggy is sold it's no biggie as Fer can just step in. If that's what he means, he's wrong imo.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  13. seabreeze

Words like " Seems " and " Question Marks " behind some of your statement lets you say anything without actually saying it . Post where I've said Fer is better than Siggy . On the contrary , everytime I mention than Fer will replace Siggy if Siggy goes , I always try to mention I don't think Fer if better by a long shot but he will do an good job , not a great job like Siggy . I've mentioned in the past if you want to know what I mean ...ask me instead of telling me .
    In a nut shell , in the attack , Siggy can play very well in the middle along with playing very well on the outside . Fer can play well in the attack on the inside but not so much on the outside . So , it SEEMS , Clement puts Fer in the middle and Siggy on the outside to enhance Fer's ability on the inside . It could be a coincidence , but a lot of Siggy's open play goals and our wins have started since Fer was reintroduced into the starting line up in this formation since the Arsenal loss after riding the bench for 6 or 7 games. .
    And Valley , at least your consistent in your belittling of Fer , I'll grant you that .

14. Kifflom!

Bloody hell, you have to be the prickliest person on here. Why have a dig? Lighten up for ****'s sake - it's ****ing unpleasant. <grr>

THREE ****ing things, so listen up:

1: I used 'SEEMS' & 'IF' - as I wasn't sure if that's what you meant. It's NORMAL.

2: I used IMO which means "IN MY OPINION". I'm entitled to that.

3: I NEVER SAID YOU EVER STATED FER WAS BETTER THAN SIGGY!!!

Jeez, you're hard work. I thought I could argue with anyone but you'd fight with yourself in a ****ing telephone box.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  15. seabreeze

OLGA

16. Kifflom!

Nobody but you knows what you're getting at. If you spent less time trying to micro-analyse my posts looking for fault and actually contributed something worth reading you'd be all the better for it - as would we.

17. seabreeze

I made a comment to valley and you stuck your fuking nose in like usual where it don't belong . Once you did , you were fair game dipsh!t . Valley and a few others belittle Fer at a regular pace , the one about a player with no legs being better than Fer was one of them . If I'm not mistaken , you " liked " the post . Do you thing it was a belittling statement toward Fer ? If you don't want a fight aussie , stay out of what doesn't concern you stupid . Cause if you jump in , I'll jump right back ...simple really

18. Kifflom!

Er... it's a public forum, cretin. You want a private conversation use the private messaging system. 'Jumping in' is part of being on a ****ing forum. It's called giving an opinion.

Dear lord, you're a nightmare. I don't expect you EVER to agree but I'm entitled to post wherever and whenever I like. Now run along and stop picking fights....you come across as sad and pathetic.

19. seabreeze

A s I'm entitled to reply ... dumb ass

20. Kifflom!

Of course you are...so why post "you stuck your fuking nose in like usual where it don't belong"????

Game set match and ignored. I've had enough.