1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rowett turns down Forest interested in city and norwich

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Gary Rowett snubs Nottingham Forest but is considering joining two other Championship clubs: Rowett is…

Rowett is instead keeping an eye on problems at big spending Bristol City and Norwich where Lee Johnson and Alex Neil are both under pressure

Gary Rowett is not interested in working for Nottingham Forest
    please log in to view this image

2. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Apparently we've already targeted him as a replacement. Fair play to the board for being ahead of the game if so, but it's harsh as **** on LJ. Football is a cruel business though

I'd be more angry if we sacked him with no plan put it that way.

3. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

Football is a tough business but there's not many occupations where you can woefully underperform your duties and walk out with a fat paycheck, so there';s really no room for sentiment here, especially as LJ bagged another 12 months extension that will add to the kitty......

TBH I don't know much about Rowett but evidently he did a fine job as Brum before being told he was too ugly. I think he looks quite dapper in the photo above.....just saying.

4. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Thinking outside of the box ?
    That doesn't sound like our Board....not at all in fact, but if true then credence to them.
    Yes it's cruel, but no-one is blasé enough to come into a Managers job and expect it to last 20 years.

5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

6. Red Robin

Is this guy going to do any better-mmmm not sure

Hopefully he would now where players should be playing,round pegs in round holes.

But one thing for sure we cannot keep going the way we are.

This week is a MASSIVE WEEK for LJ.

7. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

I cant imagine anyone would be tactless enough to discuss a job that someone was still in possession of- Then again, we are making enquiries about a goalkeeper so that must make Fielding and O'Donnell feel on edge.

LJ has the rest of this month maximum in my opinion to not just stop the rot (a home draw with a league 1 club in the cup is not sufficient evidence of that for me) but to get us back up the table quickly. I would suggest a minimum of 5 points from the next 3 games and avoiding defeat to Rotherham as being a minimum standard.

8. Red Robin

i would snap you hand off for 5 points.

3 in 33 is the current stats -bloody scary really.

9. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Forests is 2 in 24 I am told. At least one of us will improve on that on Saturday!

10. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'Football is a tough business but there's not many occupations where you can woefully underperform your duties and walk out with a fat paycheck, so there';s really no room for sentiment here, especially as LJ bagged another 12 months extension that will add to the kitty......'

Says it all for me.

11. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

A bit more :

I'd be very surprised if the snake in the grass, Ashton, was getting his Plan B ready.

12. Red Robin

Bristol City or Norwich could end Nottingham Forest's faint hopes of landing Gary Rowett
    By Nottmtails | Posted: January 17, 2017

• Comments (0)
      Bristol City or Norwich could end Nottingham Forest's faint hopes of landing former Birmingham boss Gary Rowett.

The Reds had not completely given up on persuading Rowett to enter into talks over taking on the role vacated by Philippe Montanier at the City Ground.

The former defender had been sounded out by the American consortium led by John Jay Moores over joining Forest, if their takeover bid had gone through - and the former Derby player had been keen on the idea.

Rowett, who also had a successful spell in charge of Burton, is understood to be far less enthusiastic about joining the Reds under the Fawaz Al Hasawi regime, which has been overshadowed by crisis and instability over the last six months.

image: http://www.nottinghampost.com/image...lippe Montanier looks on....haaasafdvdfaf.jpg

please log in to view this image

Nottingham Forest are searching for a replacement for Philippe Montanier

But with the appointment of a chief executive and a financial director understood to be close on the horizon at the City Ground, Forest had held out a small degree of hope that Rowett could yet be persuaded that there is a more stable future on the horizon for Forest in the future.

Read more: Latest on the Reds' manager search in our podcast
      They may not get that opportunity however, with Rowett already understood to have been targeted by Bristol City as a potential replacement for Lee Johnson.

The Robins boss will arrive at the City Ground this weekend under immense pressure, following a run of 10 defeats in their last 11 games – and another loss could persuade the Bristol hierarchy to make a change, with Rowett understood to be their favoured choice for a replacement.

With the south-west club on a sound financial footing under the guidance of chairman Stephen Lansdown - who has overseen the move to a smart new stadium - they would represent a more appetising option for Rowett, as he looks to secure a return to football following his controversial sacking by Birmingham before Christmas.

Read more: Fawaz Al Hasawi may not repair relationship with fans, but he must repair damage at Forest
      In the meantime Norwich, who are on a run of three wins in 14 matches, are also weighing up Rowett as a potential option, with Scotsman Alex Neil also under increasing scrutiny for failing to deliver the expected push for the top six at Carrow Road.

Forest have already made contact with Oscar Garcia's representatives, with a view to enticing the Spaniard to the City Ground.

But it remains to be seen whether the former Brighton and Watford boss could be tempted to leave his role with Austrian Bundesliga Champions RB Salzburg.

Read more: Contact made with Garcia's representatives... but manager search is just starting

Read more at http://www.nottinghampost.com/brist...0064155-detail/story.html#tM1b5PDF3j7yiuBI.99

13. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

14. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

mmm politician for starters.

15. tiger-emyrs-wolf

tiger-emyrs-wolf Well-Known Member

Why a snake in the grass?

16. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Redprintt doesn't like him because he works closely with LJ <doh><doh>

17. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Redprint don't like him because him and LJ used to call him nasty names

18. NickH

NickH Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it is that harsh - arguably, at most other clubs, LJ would already be gone in the modern football climate.

As you say, it would be irresponsible of the club to sack a manager without at least a shortlist of potential/likely replacements. LJ is at the last-chance saloon (I would have tossed him out after the Cardiff game myself), so it's time for that shortlist to be drafted.

Red Robin likes this.