1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rumour Mill

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by CitySlicker2010, Nov 21, 2016.

1. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

Or of course, we could wait and see if it does actually turn out to be true, before adding that to his list of misdemeanours. As far as I can see, Pritchard hasn´t pulled up any trees yet, since he´s been here, and certainly not taken very many of the chances he has had, so IF someone was prepared to pay over the odds for him, and IF Neil was prepared to sanction it, it wouldn´t necessarily be a bad move. Maddison is a much better prospect.

canary-dave likes this.
  2. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

As I pointed out in the post before CitySlicker's, AN categorically denied that there had been any approaches about Pritchard in his Press Conference, so let's believe the desperate journo rumours rather than our own manager. We really are in 'hypothetical' territory here.

royalbarclayfan likes this.
  3. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Or in some cases "hyperthetical!"

RiverEndRick likes this.
  4. royalbarclayfan

Well actually, hypothetical is usual, Dave :oops:

5. RiverEndRick

I think Dave might have been referring to 'hyperbole', RBF. ;)

6. royalbarclayfan

Oh I believe him Rick, it just seems as if some would like to exaggerate the extent of his failings before they are proven.

7. canary-dave

8. royalbarclayfan

JM Fan likes this.
  9. canary-dave

I'm not sure hyperthetical is an actual word, as a diabetic, I couldn't resist pointing out the difference between Hyper and Hypo, neither of which are very comfortable to suffer! <cheers>

10. RiverEndRick

Well now we are down to the nitty gritty! That is correct for medical usage, but I was referring to hypothetical in the sense of an unproven 'hypothesis', which is what I believe CitySlicker was putting forward (ie. Journos are saying that other clubs are interested in Pritchard, which must mean AN wants to flog him, therefore AN is a fool QED).

11. canary-dave

I know what you were meaning Rick, as I said above, I couldn't resist the temptation! :)

12. RiverEndRick

Well you made me stop and think, Dave. I must say that there seems to be a tendency for some to seize on any rumour to slag off AN. I say that as one who is still undecided about our manager and what any 'hypothetical' replacement might bring. :emoticon-0105-wink:

canary-dave likes this.
  13. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sorry to interrupt this three-way blarney, but 'undecided' or not, fact [FACT;) ] remains that Mr Neil has taken us from 16th in the top flight this time last year to 11th in the championship with one of the 'best squads', allegedly, and highest budgets, indisputably, in the division.
    I think that could be why a fair majority of the fan base - on football forums and in real life, are not content to sit on the fence and be 'undecided' any longer :emoticon-0112-wonde
    (Not personal, Rick, I'm sure you understand <ok>)

http://sportslens.com/epl-table-week-22-2016-barclays-premier-league-results-highlights/185928/

14. RiverEndRick

I can understand that Cromer, as well you know, but my concern about how our season fell away badly in November doesn't convince me that it's all AN's fault. Some responsibility rests with him to be sure, but I don't see how Oliveira's stupid red rage is in any way his fault. He had warned the players to not be drawn into provocation and yet it happened. It's too easy to put the blame on the manager and say that everything is his fault. It all goes quiet when we blow away Derby and then comes back big time when something goes wrong at Rotherham. I don't know which way it will go in the end, but criticism should at least be based on judgement, not emotion.

15. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Can we judge it on the win/loss ratio since October?

2016 (twenty sixteen)

16. royalbarclayfan

Nice to read a bit of sense now and again instead of the hyperbole (or should that be hypobole) some continue with. ;)

canary-dave likes this.
  17. RiverEndRick

Well you can, but why is that a better indicator than the whole season?

18. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Very true, but four red cards in the last six away matches - surely that suggests that there are fundamental disciplinary issues hat need to be a) identified and b) addressed on the training pitches of Colney - not in a 'live' match situation where precious points are at stake?
    I'm not blaming Mr Neil for Olsson (QPR) or Howson's (Reading) handballs, for example - that's ridiculous, but if we were defensively better drilled, there would have been absolutely no need for either player to resort to such drastic, last chance saloon actions?
    The club is one big raging mess, but some decent results and performances for 90 minutes (a la Derby) would go an awful long way to quelling most of that ill-feeling <ok>

19. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Fair post Rick.
    I've seen worse retaliation than Oliveira's only punished by a yellow card and as I said in the MDT last week, why did the fact that he was wrestled to the ground by the Rotherham defender not result in a penalty?????
    The standard of refereeing is DIABOLICAL and yet they ask for respect - WHY?????

carrowcanario and RiverEndRick like this.
  20. RiverEndRick

I'm not sure I agree with the 'raging mess', Cromer, but you're right that it'll come down to results in the end, starting with Wolves tomorrow.