1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sack or stay vote

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Jan 14, 2017.

?

Do you want LJ to stay or go

Poll closed Jan 21, 2017.
  1. Sack

63.6%
  2. Stay

36.4%
  1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Do you want LJ sacked or are you happy for him to stay.

2. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I voted sack.

I hope you are delighted.

banksyisourhero likes this.
  3. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

No one is delighted, not even Redprintt, and we don't need to be looking for yet another Manager, but we can't continue like this either.

He had his opportunity but we are only heading one way and that is back to L1

4. Alandicksthegreat

Alandicksthegreat Well-Known Member

Sorry you cannot have that many defeats and expect to stay in a job, did very well last, and the beginning of this season, but something has gone wrong, to many late goal defeats, fitness, concentration, what ever it is, it's down to the manager, so i'm afraid it's bye bye Lee.

5. Red Robin

What delighted we are heading back to league one.

Let's get this straight I hoped LJ would turn it around,clearly that is not happening,I backed him as a player,I backed him as our manager even though not my choice.

We have a good set of players here,we need a experienced manager too set them up in proper positions playing too their strengths,something LJ seems unable too carry out.
    Sad that we have a person that loves our club in charge,but that does not necessarily bring results.
    We could be joint third bottom tonight if Blackburn win.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  6. Reliant Robin TC

Reliant Robin TC Active Member

I voted sack before and have done again.

I think Lee could become a half decent manager but he's not right with us. When first appointed I thought he was too inexperienced for the post and that seems to be the case.

Also, he doesn't appear to a "lucky" manager with us. I'm not sure, it may have been Bill Shankly who said something like "Its better to be a lucky manager than a good one" - I think that is the case with Lee and us.

7. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

Got to go. Same old repetitive mistakes week in week out. I am sure he has the club at heart and feel sorry it has come down to this, but he cannot be allowed to carry on.

8. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

realisticly, I think he will get 3/4 games for new players to bed in, after that well I'm sorry but ....

9. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

you always backed him! ffs- not sure if your amnesiac or just plain barmy.

RedorDead and banksyisourhero like this.
  10. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

I think we all know Lansdown won't sack his mate yet, he may in the end be forced to do so but I don't see it happening anytime soon, I'm starting to hate going to matches now because all I expect is for us to lose and it's pissing me right off.

Red Robin likes this.

11. Red Robin

I'm amazed SL has given him sooooo long.
    We are going back to league one obviously SL quite happy for that too happen<doh>

12. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

If it is to happen it must be soon, or it will quickly be too late to save us.
    Perhaps SL is sizing up the new guy.

Perhaps he needs to get a real manager in and let him manage
    After all, we had Steve Coppel as our manager once !

13. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

He thinks we're all ****in stupid..

However time to move on Lee.. rabbit in that headlights!

14. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

I would vote uncertain as there is pro's and cons... yes the hammer comes down hard on L L L L L L L but it not as if we are getting hammered ... there is some good moments it is just the last 15 mins we need to sort out ... or we need to get 3 goals which we should be capable of.
    NO Tomlin or Freeman starting .. nose and face comes to mind ..
    Lee should be moved to a place of safety . AND JP whom it seems is consulted before subs etc given a bit more headway???

15. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Sorry Angelic, you are WRONG.

Redprintt and his Gestapo are paddling with delight in the mire, loving the thought of us finally turning on LJ.

Look at the title of his post.

Sad, really.

Lee has to go now, but that's not good - when a manager or policy fails its BAD.

16. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

it's difficult, changing managers generally sees a short term uplift, but ultimately the same issues rise up. I hate seeing us go through managers every 50-60 games which seems to be the cycle lately, it doesn't help the club or the players.
    That said something has to change, I've we lose to Fleetwood & Forest then I think he has to resign or be fired, we have spent to much to go back to L1.
    The problem is who comes in - another manager sacked by a Championship club for failing, how does that help?

17. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

R&W
    Nazi ? A bit strong.

A few have commented about my 'blind hatred' of LJ.
    If they'd employed as many as I have in the last 25 years they'd, hopefully, defer to my experience in recognising worthy traits in a CV for managerial candidates.
    LJ cut his teeth, hardly successfully at L1 level and certainly not a suitable candidate for a Championship Club.
    His background is one of a Silver Spoon, player and now as a manager.

On his own, even with an unprecedented budget, he's been found out.
    It's not rocket science.

Ps - 1For, I do worry about you, try to get more sleep.

ibodyslamrhinos and Red Robin like this.
  18. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

I have backed LJ and still think he does have something about him

However, I do acknowledge that 11 defeats in 12 and 7 on the spin is ............. abysmal. If I were in charge I must admit that I would be thinking about a change.

However (2) - it's all irrelevant because Steve Lansdown will not sack him (yet)

19. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I like you have, employed many people Redprintt and have been in business since 1991, I have learnt that the best employees are ones that are willing to learn your way, the way the old apprenticeships used to work....I'm not a fan of people that because they've been in it a couple of years, thinks they know it all..
    I will say, that I was surprised as everyone else when LJ was appointed and like you and most on here thought, it was too big of a job, so early in his managerial career..
    But I thought, with the amount of stick he had to endure from the likes of you when he was a player for us, to come in and rescue us from certain relegation, "what a brave kid"
    Unlike you Redprintt, I don't have the hate towards people who are willing to give it a go! Especially for the stupid reason that's in your locker......what a great country we would be, if all employers were like you!!
    I think he is still learning and could well go on to become a really good manager, but it looks like he's either taken on a bit more than he can chew or needs a bit of guidance on how to finish games off..........maybe he would have been better off being an assistant manager for a few years..
    If he does get the sack (but I hope he gets a few more games) I will thank him for what he's done and I hope he goes on to prove us all what a good manger he will be..

Over to you Jose!!

20. Red Robin

Should have learnt the trade before coming here,a job too soon.

Supcon72 and Angelicnumber16 like this.