1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Sacked managers

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by philhythe, Sep 30, 2015.

1. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

I see Fleetwood have sacked their manager half a dozen bad results & you are gone. I thought he had done really well up their last season.

2. brb

brb CR250

All the managers are getting sacked after Gills games LOL....Fleetwood, Posh and someone else i forgot hahahaha

3. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Terry Butcher has been sacked by Newport but t's no surprise with one win this season it's the way football is nowadays.

4. philhythe

What on earth was point of employing him in the first place

5. philhythe

You have to wonder about the idiot who employed him if he was that bad

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Exactly. You can't blame the bloke for taking the job but you can blame the bloke who gave him the job.

7. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The weirdest thing for me is that you cannot seem to sack a player. They can be as crap as they like but as long as they have a contract then you have to pay them. If you want rid then you have to pay them to go. However, if they want to go and you want them to stay then no prizes for guessing who wins that one as well. In those circumstances the contract is worth nothing in the end. How many professions would allow an employee to be the worst in the world and keep them? Only sport. It's always been the case that the Manager pays the price for the players failures. They take the credit when things go well so it's kind of fair enough but it's rarely their fault if we are honest when they don't. They can train players and tell them how to play all week but once the whistle goes are powerless to do much. How often have you seen the players leave their one brain cell on the bench and ignore everything they have been told. Managers at this level can't just go out and buy in another player when they feel like it so there is only so much "dropping" they can do before they are stuck. Terry Butcher got his job on past glories as a player like Sheringham who isn't exactly ripping up trees at Stevenage. Big name players don't always make success at management.

8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well they can they can see what's going wrong and give instructions from the touchline and/or shift the format and/or make substitutions to try to nullify the opposing danger men and/or sort them out at half time

That is very true

Also very true. There are certain attributes a person must have to get the best out of people. I would say that, at most, there may be 1 player in a whole squad who possesses them. It doesn't mean though that a good player can't be a good manager. But they are few and far between. I can't believe how some people can call themselves managers and how anyone can select some of them for the job I don't know. We have had some real stinkers.