1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Saint Pierre-Emile!

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by saintlyhero, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

And if he goes without a tantrum we'll watch in admiration as his career progresses and bore fans of other clubs by saying "He was a Saint, you know". It's what we do. These days my mates get in first, so during the Euros I didn't have to mention a link to Gareth Bale, for example. They all knew. They knew that, given a chance, I'd lay claim to any decent player on the basis that he had once stopped for a pee at a service station somewhere near Southampton!

2. SaintinNZ

SaintinNZ Well-Known Member

Yep and there'll be yet another spree of articles with the side Saints could have had if they'd only held onto their players. If we got paid a dollar for everytime one of those is printed we'd never need to sell again. Meanwhile Saints will continue to do what they do better than their rivals hopefully. Long may it last.

Pound. Quid. Dollars. Been in NZ too long : )

3. MountwaySaint

MountwaySaint Active Member

Haha, I'm already boring my daughter to tears every time England, Liverpool, Spurs, Man Utd, Arsenal - well anyone really - play!

4. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

I don't even have kids, but I stand there shouting it at buses as the pass. It's strangely satisfying.

5. Schrodinger's Cat

Schrodinger's Cat Well-Known Member

You expect that kind of behaviour in Portsmouth as they think buses are magical creatures...I didnt realise that sort of thing goes on in Brighton too.

6. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Does it ever! They put something in the water here :)

Schrodinger's Cat likes this.
  7. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Pierre: I was told the kit had a button down collar.

8. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

I Sorry I Ruined The Party Well-Known Member

If Hjbjrg turns into Busquets then no, we probably won't hang on to him.

But if he ends up Wanyama level, I think we might. No, I'm not saying Hjbjrg is cut from a different cloth or a one club guy or anything. Just that we are becoming a more attractive club to stay on. And Hjbjrg comes across as a bit more of a careful planner who values stability and playing time.

If the time comes where he feels it's obvious he can play for a much bigger side for much more money, etc. then he'll go Same as anyone. But I think he'll be less prone to make the jump the first time someone waves a wad of cash in his face. I think players like Romeu, Hjbjrg, and Bertrand who have been at big clubs and bounced around and seen their careers stall out a bit because of it will naturally have a different perspective than players who have not gone through that experience.

9. KillerCephalopod

KillerCephalopod Active Member

Been talking to a Danish fan about him - he plays proper box to box, number 8 for their national team, with a DM behind him & an AM in front of him.
    Sounds a lot like the role Morgan was allowed to play in Poch's final year, when technically he was part of a double pivot with Wanyama, but eventually he used to get forward a lot too. Hojbjerg apparently has a great shot on him as well, unlike Morgan... It really looks like we're going back to a 4-2-3-1 to me with this signing as it sounds like he can either play as more attacking one of defensive 2, or the Davis\JWP role that year (IIRC JWP played quite a lot that year), as the most defensive of the attacking three.

Schrodinger's Cat likes this.
  10. Che’s Godlike Thighs

Che’s Godlike Thighs Well-Known Member

H-O-J-B-J-E-R-G

11. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

I Sorry I Ruined The Party Well-Known Member

Wrøng.

12. Che’s Godlike Thighs

Che’s Godlike Thighs Well-Known Member

Fncy pnts!

13. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Apparently you're allowed Højbjerg [Danish] and/or Höjbjerg [German] and get away with it. As he's in England, those of us who will bother to write his surname at all will probably go with Hojbjerg, I'm guessing.

If you want to be a clever-clogs in Windows [instead of a pig-ignorant piece of dog's do ;)], may I suggest you hold down the Alt key and type 0248 on the numeric keypad. Then, when you release the Alt key you get your Danish 'ø'. Mac owners are too kewl to need instruction.** And Linux owners already know. ;)

**In Mac OS X, type O, or o, and hold down the key, and then type 6. Release.

14. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

I'll stick with Pierre thanks :emoticon-0148-yes:

15. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Or even Pete.! :)

16. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Or Pete

(Nice one Fran)

17. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Bollox

18. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

Subtle.

19. Saintjoey

Saintjoey Well-Known Member

20. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

This will hopefully turn out to be a great move for both sides. Pierre has reached a milestone in his development....he needs to push on by being a regular starter in a top league with other good players that he can learn from. Southampton is also a patient club who have bought him to play...he won't suddenly be pushed aside after a bad performance or two and Puel has a track record of bringing younger players through. I like the players attitude as well...looking to reach his potential rather than just make up the numbers whilst pocketing the cash (not that he won't be well paid at SFC). And he has a whole preseason to get his fitness up to EPL standards....he looks like a fit Labrador...needs to achieve the whippet look. :)