1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Saints in takeover talks with Chinese group

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by - Doing The Lambert Walk, Nov 2, 2016.

1. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Is this a sign of Chinese mentality of maybe they just don't quite get our way of thinking yet.? I refer to...

"Making People Live With Happiness And Health Under The Blue Sky And White Clouds"
    You don't make people do anything.
    You coach, you cajole, advise, educate, free, give opportunities to, open doors for, maybe even allow, etc... But you certainly don't make. ;)
    It's rather odd that they should get something so slightly askew, because the website is, in all other respects, very well presented and the language is pretty good overall. I don't think I'm being overly picky. :)

Wouldn't it look a whole lot better if it said,

"Freeing People To Live With Happiness And Health Under The Blue Sky And White Clouds"​

2. TheSecondStain

Perhaps they'll get it right with the new fully English website. "Coming Soon", we're told.

3. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

That other group, waiting in the wings, with money ready, reminds me of when Marcus swooped in, following the other group faffing around.
    If Lander is still trying to put the money together, would there be any left for moving the club forward, with the bigger investment Kat thinks we need?

4. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

I'd very much like one of those other groups to step up. It's pretty clear that the problem with Lander is that they simply haven't been able to scrape together the money to purchase the team, and they've had months to do so. That's extremely troubling, because it means they're likely buying on debt with few provisions to invest further if necessary.

If KL really is only going to sell if the deal is in the best interests of the club, shutting down Lander might be a good way to demonstrate such.

Whiteley Saint and Puck like this.
  5. Lovelocum

Lovelocum Well-Known Member

Interesting standpoint. I was more referring to whether we think they may be good owners, i.e. Invest, than a critique of their website/mission statement.

6. TheSecondStain

It was just an observation.

7. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

Obviously has access to the same stuff that Townshend had when he wrote "I can see for miles". Nice one,

NOTE This post is a deliberate attempt to piss off fellow news hunters who, like me, came here for news only to find a debate on cultural relativism in language.:emoticon-0100-smile:emoticon-0100-smile

8. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

Just makes a change to get facts as opposed to the normal guesswork? :emoticon-0130-devil

9. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Does the 'blue sky and white clouds' bit indicate a change in kit. That won't be popular.<laugh>

10. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Silence! You will be happy!

11. TheSecondStain

Yes SIR!

12. Schrodinger's Cat

Schrodinger's Cat Well-Known Member

I thought it was quite common to speak of making someone happy, as in the Jimmy Durante song...so it's not really a stretch to talk of making someone live with happiness. Slightly iffy translation is all

13. fran-MLs little camera

Languages don't always translate exactly....especially those with such different roots.

14. Saintharry13

Saintharry13 Well-Known Member

I'm wary personally, but I would be even if Willy Wonka decided to take over.

Unlike others, I don't think Kat is desperate to bail out, but think that she recognises the need for more money into the club.

If the deal is good for her, it's good for the club and ultimately, it's good for me.

15. TheSecondStain

Yes. I wasn't making too much of it. It was just an observation.

16. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

The latest books have her taking money out, via the repayment of her loan. And if we want investment, we shouldn't be anywhere near Lander; they can barely scrape together the cash to buy a controlling stake, let alone invest further, and we're ultimately going to be on the hook for any debt service necessary.

17. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

Agree with this. The main benefit of any sale should be a new owner who's more prepared to inject money into the club. Any interested party that has to spend months scrambling around to finance the purchase almost certainly isn't going to be in a position to do that but is likely to lumber the club with a hefty debt.

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  18. fran-MLs little camera

ManU's owners landed them with a huge debt when purchased, but United have the kind of income to be able to bear it...we haven't. We need a sugar daddy with reasonably deep pockets to replace our sugar mummy.

19. fran-MLs little camera

Any observation made on here will be used as a weapon for years to come. I remember when you said (in the summer of 2011, I think)......<laugh>

TheSecondStain likes this.
  20. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Or we just don't worry too much about it all and just enjoy the ride, wherever it goes.