1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Saturday 27th. May 2017

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, May 26, 2017.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Saturday's Meetings

Curragh

Flat 7 Races 1:50-5:15p.m.
    Irish 2000 Guineas Off @ 4:10p.m.
    Chester

Flat 7 Races 1:55-5:20p.m.
    Goodwood
    Flat 7 Races 2:00-5:25p.m.
    York
    Flat 7 Races 2:10-5:30p.m.
    Cartmel
    N/H 7 Races 2:15-5:35p.m.
    Haydock
    Flat 7 Races 2:20-5:40p.m.
    Salisbury(E)
    Flat 6 Races 5:45-8:15p.m.
    Ffos Las(E)
    N/H 7 Races 6:00-9:00p.m.

Racecards

At The Races
    Racing Post Bloodstock
    Sporting Life

Good Luck <ok>

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Face the Facts at Haydock.

Brian the Snail will need to come out of his shell to figure in his race. Even if he returns to the form of his first 3 runs, he will have to slug it out with some good types. Hopefully he won't trail in too far behind. FFS. Good night.

Ste D, Archers Road, gazboy and 2 others like this.
  3. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

3.30 Haydock Poet's Vanity showed up well for a long way in the Guineas, but efforts to make a miler out of her now appear misguided. If that race hasn't taken too much out of her she can profit from this return to a far more suitable 6f.

Doalittle likes this.
  4. stick

stick Bumper King

Is Dickie seriously going to Ffos Las for ONE ride tonight?

5. Ekbalco99

Ekbalco99 Well-Known Member

Enjoying breakfast in Carmel prior to expected rain - this will not dampen spirits - please advise of any sure things - they will be most welcome

Stay safe

6. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Ronnie Lawson, i've backed it at 5s. I'll be honest though i hadn't noticed it was his only ride or looked too much at the horse. My late grandad was called Ronnie and he was a huge horse racing fan, thats why i'm on.

7. smokethedeadbadger

Scoop 6/Ew Lucky 63:

2:20 Haydock - Yorkidding 6/1
    2:40 York - Dal Harraild 7/2
    2:55 Haydock - Maths Prize 6/1
    3:10 Goodwood - Top Score 13/2
    3:50 York - Harry Hurricane 14/1
    4:05 Haydock - Priceless 9/1

Also call me mental but i think Thunder Snow could give Churchill something to think about in the Irish 2000 Guineas i'm on ew at 12s.

8. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Breaking my self imposed ban on flat betting this afternoon to have an ew punt on Glaring @ 16s at Goodwood, 4.05. Been over hurdles during the winter and finished last in the Supreme. Over hurdles he always travelled ok but seemed to find the obstacles a bit of an issue. With those now out of the way I hope he'll give me a run for my money. With the jockey claim he's running 22lbs below his top flat rating too. At Cartmel 2.45 William of Orange @ 9/2 catches my eye. Has not hit the heights over hurdles thus far but ran well in a much better race LTO. 1lb higher today but I'm hoping he'll be good enough to take this. Good luck all.

9. rainbowview

rainbowview Well-Known Member

Good luck all

Brother Bear 3.00 Curragh
    Gravity Flow 4.35 Hayd
    The Sky Is Blazing 5.00 York
    Voski 5.20 Chester

Prices in image below

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  10. heisenburg

heisenburg Well-Known Member

Been given
    Oriental Fox 4:20 Goodwood
    Jaameh 4:50 Chester
    Voski 5:20 Chester

From the yard

gingerninja and Archers Road like this.

11. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

It's always concerning with O'Brien having half the field in a race but Irish Correspondent 11/1 - Leopardstown 4:10 Looks a really nice animal and has won both starts comfortably. Trainer didn't think Newmarket was for him and I'm sure he can run Churchill very close here. Very happy with 11/1 and hopefully Shane Foley won't fall into the hypnotic gaze of staring at Ballydoyle runners and can focus on riding his own race. Irish Correspondent is a serious horse and has the ability to land the big one for Mick Halford.

Turret Rock's 9/4 - Leopardstown 4:45 bounced back with a cosy win over 10 furlongs lto, the drop back to 1 mile is strange as he can take a bit to get going, but if in anyway near the same vein of form then he should win again for Bolger/Manning.

12. SaveTheHumans

He could be getting the leg over after work, you just wouldn't know for sure.

Ron likes this.
  13. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

Curragh- Blue De Vega/Churchill double 5/2.Washington DC to win 5f Sprint at Haydock 4/1.
    Would love to see my beloved Arsenal win today but Chelski look so strong I expect them to win especially with Per 'I've seen milk turn quicker' Mertesaker starting.I'm going to miss the game anyway as I'll be rocking it out to Guns n Roses at Slane this evening:emoticon-0178-rock:

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  14. smokethedeadbadger

Enjoy mate, i'm a bit jealous i won't lie! Shame Izzy isn't with them isn't it? but its still nearly a full line up should be great

Ste D likes this.
  15. SaveTheHumans

You can back Blue De Vega at 9/4 alone Ste, is it worth throwing another in to add .25 of a point to it? Mathematically it isn't profitable long term, albeit Churchill will likely win given his price.

16. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

Yeah should be a cracker Smokey even without Izzy playing-Its a pity the weather is so bad today after being great all week, always the way isn't it!Just more of an excuse to get more beers in!!Must have drifted out abit that double 7/2 now, feck it I'll still play it!

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  17. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

I think that with the form of the Clive Cox yard, Harry Angel is going to take some beating but you are absolutely right that Poet’s Vanity dropped back to sprinting looks a much better each-way proposition with a serious chance of collecting the win money.

There is nothing mental about it at all. He blotted his copybook over at Churchill Downs but he never actually had a race, he has some good pieces of form that make him worthy of a place in the line-up but the obvious downsides are all the air miles he has done in the last few weeks and strictly on form Churchill beat him two lengths in the Dewhurst.

The only one that I fancy today is in the Haydock 2:55 – MUSTARRID. He was touched off last time at Doncaster by one of Sir Michael Stoute’s that might turn out to be a decent horse.

18. L_M

L_M Active Member

Very late posting this! :( To say, Roger Varian (7 runners) and William Haggas (12 runners) should have a good day.

Best sprinters of all time discussed on ITV4 earlier, the best sprinter I've ever seen is Dayjur who should've been unbeaten over 5-6f as a 3-y-o if he never jumped the shadow!

19. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

The 2.15 Sticky Toffee Pudding Novices Hurdle at Cartmel looks the race of the day.Anyone sweet on anything?!

SaveTheHumans likes this.
  20. Harbottle

Harbottle Active Member

Didn't back anything in that, but the jockey didn't give Mustarrid a hard time did he?