1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Schmeichel rumours

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN, May 3, 2017.

1. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

Paper talk or something more?
    I reckon he definelty will be wanted after another superb season. The key will be the clubs direction going forward. The manager decision and transfers done both in and out this summer will have a huge huge bearing on the club going forward. We have plenty of money, allegedly 60 million coming from the champions league run. Interesting to see how much will be spent to have the balance between stability and kicking on to hopefully the next level. We have the bones of a top six outfit. Ohhhhhh what do we do.

2. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

If he got the chance, I think he would run to Old Trafford!

3. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

If he wants to leave then it's £30m plus. He's as reliable as any keeper in the premier league now and at 30 in his prime. We hold all the aces with 4 yrs remaining on his deal and apparently no minimum fee clause. He'll be hard to replace if he were to go.

4. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Agreed. £30m and best wishes

5. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Maybe 30mill if it's Man U but for anyone else just slap a stupidly high price on him as if there's.l no release clause, like it says above we hold the cards. We got done over wth Kante and nearly with Vardy if he hadn't decided to stay. We could have lost them for a combined 50mill. Where would you be able to replace players like that for less than that? you wouldn't.
    We need to be harder about this. Raneiri started this imo by saying players can leave. Other clubs don't role over this easily. Would Kapser really kick up a fuss if we didn't let him leave unless it was maybe Man U? How do we know he actually wants to go to Man U. He has always said he doesn't want to be compared to his dad and he'll not get much time to impress there before being written off for that very reason. It seems Man U fans don't want him anyway

6. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Regardless of whether he wants to be compared to his dad or not, its going to happen wherever he is. 9 times out of 10 on MOTD when a save is highlighted, one of the pundits will us the word "dad".

I don't think its a secret that he is a Man U fan being around that club from a very early age, think he'd goto Man U regardless of champions league status, but any other move would surely be to a CL club.

In his current position though, you would think he'd only move to be a the main keeper. Hes not going to be happy sitting on the bench.

If the CL clubs aren't interested and Mourhinio get someone else if De Gea leaves, then theres every possibility that he'll still be here next season.

7. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Shakey at today's Press Conference

No offers for Schmeichel
    Leicester v Watford (Sat, 15:00 BST)
    please log in to view this image

Leicester City
    Posted at13:53
    Could goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel leave the club?
    Leicester boss Craig Shakespeare said: “I do [expect him to be here next season]. He’s in the form of his life. He’s entitled to change his agent.
    "He has been very professional. I don’t feel the need [to talk to him].
    “I have no problem with players wanting to progress. Ultimately I think Kasper’s happy here. We have had no offers.”

8. JohnTheFox

Got to say, what a refreshing response to questions about transfers compared to the last two managers. Pearson with his sullenness and unwilling to discuss anything then Ranieri with his comments practically offering our players away. This is a good response.
    I think re incoming transfers I like how Pearson would keep in quiet as it's disheartening when there seems to be loads in the press that doesn't come to fruition. I guess that comes with the territory of being higher profile now though

LeicesterWizard likes this.
  9. MoultonFox

MoultonFox Active Member

£30m -you'd better ask Leeds fans how much Lonegran is worth, as he according to them is the better keeper. lonegran must be worth £50m

10. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

<laugh> I forgot when Leeds fans were mocking us for spending £1m on Kasper, repeatedly telling us that Lonergan was the better keeper <laugh><laugh><laugh>

This has brightened up my day, thanks!

Lcfcfox1 likes this.

11. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

Meh...

Regardless, do you know whether we have any sort of sell-on clause for schmeichel?

12. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Doubt it - was under £1M and you were desperate to sell from the comments around him at the time.

13. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

Couldn't wait to get rid of him, better off without him... Kasper would never amount to much...

14. Josh-LUFC

Still, it was Ken Bates. He always used to put sell-on clauses for everyone

Regardless of what he has achieved since leaving I still dont get why you guys can't accept he was **** for Leeds <laugh>

15. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

That's the nature of football fans buddy ... how's Chris Wood been going?

16. Josh-LUFC

Best player, hoping we can keep hold of him for at least another season

17. JohnTheFox

Was always a great finisher but seemed a confidence player and after a blistering start went off the boil and was behind Nuge and Vards in the promotion season and never got a look in in the prem despite scoring on the opening day. I'm glad he's doing well and hope he can get back into the prem with you guys next season. I don't get the Leeds hate, I was hoping you'd come up as living in Sheffield we needs Yorkshire clubs in the prem and not ****ing Wednesday!

18. Josh-LUFC

Always the same problem with us trying to get promotion. Off the pitch issues just constantly holding us back

There's serious concern that we won't push on from our good season this year. We'll see I guess.

What's happening with you guys? Expecting to keep your key players and Shakespeare kick on? It was thoroughly enjoyable watching you guys in the champions league, hope you can be looking at finishing in a euro spot next season <ok>

19. JohnTheFox

Monk has done well, you need to keep him for some stability. Haven't you got new owners too?
    Everyone wants Shakey to do well and he's done well so far. I think the questions are around recruitment and whether he can make the difficult decisions needed to cut where needed and replace people. Hopefully the players don't have too much power there as we need somewhat of a rebuild anyway. Im hoping we don't lose anyone such as Vardy and Schmeichel and Mahrez although he has frustrated me recently, if he gets his head back on it we definitely wouldn't want to lose him.
    Hoping we can get Europa league whether by league position or a cup win, the CL gave us a taster!

20. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

Is there a sell on clause with Chris Wood?