1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Sead Kolasinac to join Arsenal

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by BrunelGooner, May 16, 2017.

1. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Schalke left-back Sead Kolasinac will join Arsenal when his contract expires this summer, according to Sky sources.

The 23-year-old, born in Germany but a Bosnia-Herzegovina international, will officially become an Arsenal player on July 1.

Everton, Manchester City and Milan also made offers to Kolasinac, but the defender has chosen a move to north London despite uncertainty over Arsene Wenger's future as manager.

Wenger admitted last month he was planning for next season, but there has still been no announcement on whether he will leave this summer or sign a new deal.

Arsenal currently have two senior left-backs in their squad - Nacho Monreal and Kieran Gibbs, who is approaching the final year of his contract.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...arsenal-when-schalke-contract-is-up-on-july-1
    =====

Interesting. Meant to be pretty highly rated. Could spell the end of Gibbs, though, and may be first-team soon with Monreal recently turning 31 and Cohen Bramall still finding his feet. Thoughts on this signing?

2. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Looks like a good player and shows that we still have the pulling power, despite poor CL and PL showings and potentially dropping out the top 4. Like I've said to all the CL junkies, we will still be able to attract top players to our club even if we drop out. We are in one of the best and prestigious locations, have shed loads of money, a large stadium and fan base.

PINKIE likes this.
  3. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

He looks like a tank. Should be winning lots of headers down the left hand side. He better be fit if he's going to be playing left wing back. This move was mooted before we switched to wingbacks so I wonder if our scouting network had that in mind...

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Certainly highly rated. I think he'll provide competition and cover for monreal and Gibbs, who are now being used as left sided midfielders as well as LB's

5. lazarus20000

We need some more beastly players.

PINKIE likes this.
  6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

He certainly looks like he's got that about him. Also highly rated. Let's hope we've got a gem here ....

7. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Looks like a good athlete.

Will have to see how good his defending is but for sure he looks great going forward.

8. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

I dont want to sound overly negative, but...

There is a very 'Liverpool-esque' feel about this signing. To me, he is an unknown player coming from a has-been team on a free transfer.
    I will let him show us what he can do, but I do hope that the club has plans to make 2 or 3 world class signings this summer, because those are the types of players that will take us forward.

but again. lets see what Kolasinac can do.

9. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Good, hopefully Gibbs ****s off now. A nothing player who has been coasting along in our squad for bloody years.

10. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

Gibbs had his moments but sadly they were about 4-5 years ago now. Another Arsenal player who had a bit of promise but swamped with injuries. He's been pretty terrible recently and is the one player who's standing out like a sore thumb in the new formation.

I don't know much (anything) about this new chap. Is he definitely coming to us because I've not seen anything confirmed yet? Arsene batted it away in his latest interview.

11. lazarus20000

Will we have any young English players that were touted for the future survive in this team? If not, this is probably the biggest failure of the current management. Seriously, where is the accountability? Something seriously wrong has happened along the way that even Wilshere, who was suppose to be the golden boy of English football, has currently failed to impress with mid table Bournemouth.

I guess i'm annoyed by all the senseless hyping by the English media and my club. English core bullishit, my arse.

12. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

Long may Rob Holding be overlooked.

13. lazarus20000

I agree. I hope any young English player no longer gets that hype and is able to quietly get on with development like the rest. Holding looks good but is in a critical time of development. I hope he makes it.

14. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

Has anyone heard of him ?

Are we back to the days of freebies and players no ones ever heard of as we can't offer CL ?

15. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

Videos here :

He is fast and tough. I can see him adding to our red card count initially though. The Schalke fans seem to say nice things about him, so I think he is a winner.

16. TheBear

I don't get the moaning about signing names we have never heard of.

Wenger has many weaknesses but identifying talent is definitely a strength of his.

This guy looks like a great athlete, will have to wait and see if he can actually defend though. Could be another gem.

17. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

It really isn't. Scattergun approach. A broken clock tells the right time twice a day approach.

That said this Kolasinac dude might be awesome. But Wenger is not great in the transfer market...........

Then again, maybe he is but the players he buys simply never get to show how good they are because they have to play under a god-awful trash manager who doesn't train them or have any tactical clue?

18. TheBear

Wenger early years are riddled with great signings.( I don't think Wenger was ever any good tactically - his early teams won trophies purely because they were far and away the best side in the league at the time. In short Wengers strength was building squads not management)

We all know that post David Dean we made unsuccessful bids for a TON of top quality players.
    (A few off the top of my head: ..Draxler, Mario Goetze, Karim Benzema, N'golo Kante, Xavi Alonso etc..)

In recent years Santi Cazorla for £13m, Lauren Koscielny for £9m, Monreal £8.5m, Rob Holding for £2.5m etc..make me think Wenger still has the eye but the modern Arsenal (Gazidis etc.) are poor at making these deals happen.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
    gooner4ever likes this.
  19. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

As I said... Broken clock...

20. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

He looks like an absolute beast. We need more of that at Arsenal <ok>