1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season Handicap Betting

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by redcgull, Jul 26, 2013.

1. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Just thought id put up the market for the Handicap Betting for the Premier league to see if any of you see a value bet in there...

All selections are at 16/1

[table="width: 300"]
    [tr]
    [td]Man Utd[/td]
    [td]0 pts[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Chelsea [/td]
    [td]0 pts[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Man Citeh[/td]
    [td]0 pts[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Arsenal[/td]
    [td]+10 pts[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Spurs[/td]
    [td]+16 pts[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Liverpool[/td]
    [td]+16 pts[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Everton[/td]
    [td]+25 pts[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Newcastle[/td]
    [td]+32 pts[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]WBA[/td]
    [td]+34 pts[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Swansea[/td]
    [td]+34 pts[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Southampton[/td]
    [td]+34 pts[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]West Ham[/td]
    [td]+35 pts[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Fulham[/td]
    [td]+36 pts[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Aston Villa[/td]
    [td]+37 pts[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Sunderland[/td]
    [td]+38 pts[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Stoke[/td]
    [td]+40 pts[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Norwich[/td]
    [td]+41 pts[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Cardiff[/td]
    [td]+43 pts[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Hull[/td]
    [td]+45 pts[/td]
    [/tr]
    [tr]
    [td]Crystal Palace[/td]
    [td]+47 pts[/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]

Ive had a bit of joy with this bet over the years and this year looks like the bookies, well PadPow in this case, have had enough... There dosnt seem one stand out team that could post a good enough season to claim the title of the 'Handicap Premier League'

Lets put it this way the top 3 are all on 0 points at 16/1, but if you wanted to place a bet on the winner coming from these three in the Outright market you are only getting 9/4 Chavski or 23/10 for both Citeh and the mancs...

So if you dont think that anyone will come out of the pack from this years offerings i think that it may well be worth to have a bet on all three of the top 3, and your getting a whopping 16/1 for your troubles...

Arsenal are getting 10 points but i dont think they would trouble all of the top 3 with a 10 point head start. Spurs will be reliant on Bale staying to make their 16 point start count and my team Liverpool could only hope of finishing within the 16 points they are getting...

Everton could be a dark horse but we arnt going to be totally sure that Martinez will keep the back door shut with all the pretty football he has promised. Wigan were not exactly 'Fort Knox' at the back were they now...!!! They will need every one of the 25 points they are getting. Both Newcastle, 32 points, and West Brom, 34 points, have a chance and they might challenge on the handicap but to be honest i dont think things are going that well at the Toon at the moment and West Brom dont have the big fella, Lukaku, up front this year to batter the back line...

Swansea get 34 points but they are also involved with the Europa League, ask Newcastle fans if it helped their season last year...!!! West Ham could be another team to threaten the top of this league with the 35 points they get. They finished 43 points behind the mancs last year and i think one of the big three will hit the same score again this year so they will have to improve another 10-12 points this year for that to happen... They could just do it...???

Of the ones left only Stoke to me could make a challenge with their 40 point head start, as we wont be totally sure of how new manager Mark Hughes will get them to play...<laugh><laugh> Yeah, i know, we all know exactly how they are going to play... But looking at what a mess he made at QPR i think we can be safe in saying that the 40 points wont be enough...!!!

Last years winner in the Handicap betting was WBA and they finished 40 points behind the mancs in 8th, they got a 41 point start last year... That's what Norwich have this year...!!!

So what do the rest of us think, do you think getting 16/1 for one of the big three is a good bet for the Handicap League or can any one spot a dark horse that will pop up out of the pack...?

I havnt had a bet yet but i think i know what im going to do now... Good luck...<cheers>

2. YouCanCallMeJeff

YouCanCallMeJeff Active Member

3. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Can't decide on the premiership so done an each way treble on Reading (8/1) sHEFFIELD UNITED (10/1) and Portsmouth (5/1)

4. redcgull

Well, i did what i was always going to do from the start and place £10's on each of the big boys... £30 out, £170 potentially back...

I just don't see anyone breaking all of the top three with their handicap start... We shall see and i will update the league standings every now and then just to see where we are...<cheers>

5. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If West ham get remi they could have a very good season so that's not the worst bet i've seen.

6. YouCanCallMeJeff

YouCanCallMeJeff Active Member

Anyone know where I can find the championship handicaps from the start of the season?

I've got a bet with coral on Donny Rovers (+28) which whilst not going brilliantly atm, we are showing signs of promise.

I have them in 4-fold with Wolves to win L1, Ofevre to win the Arc at 7s, Our Connor to win the Champion hurdle

7. redcgull

Jeff, i would think that you could ask Coral to let you know... I know that PadPow had all teams in the Prem at 16/1 + whatever the handicap and that the Championship was 18/1...

I suppose it will be around that figure i would guess... I dunno really pal...

8. JamesTK

JamesTK New Member

Anyone know where I can find the handicaps from the start of the season?

9. redcgull

The 1st post on this thread are the handicaps from the start of the season... They are the handicap points from the PadPow web site...

10. redcgull

Newcastle are top of the table...!!!! Something that will cheers the lads n lasses oop there in the north east...<ok>

Man Utd 0 pts - 48 - 48pts
    Chelsea 0 pts - 66 - 66
    Man Citeh 0 pts - 57
    Arsenal +10 pts - 69
    Spurs +16 pts - 69
    Liverpool +16 pts - 75
    Everton +25 pts - 73
    Newcastle +32 pts - 77
    WBA +34 pts - 59
    Swansea +34 pts - 63
    Southampton +34 pts - 76
    West Ham +35 pts - 66