1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season Ticket Prices

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by hammersmith junior, May 28, 2015.

1. hammersmith junior

hammersmith junior Well-Known Member

QPR say 2015-16 season ticket prices will be the same level as the club's previous season in the Championship.Not too bad in my opinion!

2. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Wow, I was wrong then. I was certain it would be just a tad more.

3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

£519 for a renewal in Upper Loft. Not bad compared to the £780 purchase price last season. I am tempted, against my better judgement........

Works out at £22.50 per game.

4. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

Just got my first season ticket for me and my son - £529 for both of us - happy days

5. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Seems like ANOTHER good move by the club....is this the QPR forum????

I am very dissapointed that I cannot take up the offer.

6. NorwayRanger

NorwayRanger Well-Known Member

Rangers praised for season ticket prices
    please log in to view this image

28/05/2015
    By West London Sport

QPR have been praised for their season ticket prices, which were announced on Thursday morning.

Rangers have responded to their relegation from the Premier League byreturning to the same prices as their last Championship campaign, in 2013-14.

“The club have done really well on the season ticket prices, rewarding those who’ve stayed loyal and supported the team through another difficult campaign,” said Stephen Dedridge, chairman of the QPR supporters’ trust, QPR 1st.

“These are sensible and fair reductions and the rise in the age of supporters who qualify for a junior season ticket will also be appreciated by many.

“We hope these decisions by the club represent a renewed commitment to connect with and respect its fan base, especially on sensitive matters such as ticket prices.”
    http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/rangers-praised-for-season-ticket-prices?

7. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Yep renewed mine today £349, good price & works out £14.50 a game & can't argue with that.

8. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I think the deal for concessions is good, but on reflection I could still get a cheaper ST at the majority of Premiership clubs. And much cheaper in Europe.

Members prices per game last time we were in the Championship were £25 - £30 usually. So if I went to 15 games (what I managed this season) at £30 each, plus booking fee, it would still work out at less than £500.....hmmmm.

9. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I think it's the most they could have charged without it being considered a complete pisstake

10. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Good value indeed and likely to see some wins to throw into the bargain.

11. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

I see there's a £3.50 booking fee to renew online, so presumably by telephone direct to the club avoids this.

12. Madrid_Ranger

Madrid_Ranger Well-Known Member

yeh if you want to watch Dinimo Krackavoski FC.

13. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Let's look at the cheapest season tickets for the Champions League semi finalists

Bayern Munich - £109
    Barcelona - £103
    Real Madrid - £177
    Juventus - £291

14. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

Do they throw in binoculars?

15. Madrid_Ranger

jajajajaj yes but your not going to see much when you´re 199 years old and six foot under - 20 year waiting list at Real Madrid in fact you can wait for eternity and never get one. The season tickets are passed down through the generations and very rarely sold outside the inner sanctum. Barcelona probably the same cant speak for Juve and Bayern but doubt they are easy to get hold of. I thought you used to live here?

16. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

No, but you get an emergency parachute.

GoldhawkRoad likes this.
  17. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

No, my brother does. I used to live in Milan, had a season ticket for AC Milan for 4 years, can't remember the cost it was a long time ago. Also went to 2 winning European Cup Finals with them.

The fact is you can see very good teams at very low cost in Europe.

18. Madrid_Ranger

Yes you can on a match basis but season tickets are different - I can go to QPR and buy a season ticket tomorrow but at Madrid, Barca, Bayern, Juve and maybe Milan? I can´t.

I took my boy to the last Madrid match against Getafe, a nothing game but we saw 10 goals and a couple of the best players in the world arguably. That was 50 euros each for a reasonable view, best seats in the house 175 euros each and up with the gods 35 euros each. So like I said if you want to go and watch Dinimo Kravakovsky (sic) you probably have no problem paying 200 euros for a season ticket. Also the chance to see the big clubs in Europe depends entirely on the season ticket holder not wanting to go and giving up their seat for that match. The clasico example is a season ticket holder can pay for the next two seasons ticket by giving up his seat for the RM - Barca game, not quite like QPR vs Foolham.

and your right it was your brother that lived here...apologies

19. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

If supply < demand at the likes of Bayern to a far greater extent than at QPR it shows even more what a pisstake English ticket prices are. Of course this isn't a problem exclusive to QPR but I think our prices are pretty horrific and have been dressed up as a gift to the fans.

sb_73 and Madrid_Ranger like this.
  20. Peter Damage

Peter Damage Well-Known Member

First point is that that isn't comparable it's in England.

The only fair comparisons would be Fulham, Charlton and Brentford but even then it isn't really right because those clubs are in different position's

Renewed my season ticket today. £520. Works out at £22.50 a ticket. I think that is very good.

£17 a ticket in bronze for 389 if money really is an issue. Would have to sell 9,000 of those season tickets to simply cover the cost of the fees of the 2 well receive signings of Gladwin and Luongo alone.

Chucking out numbers that actually aren't widely available with clubs that make there money from the rigged TV deals and wider revenue that entrenches them is a top deal.

Tickets may be cheaper elsewhere but you can also buy a house in Middlesborough for £30k instead of the £600k± in west London. Doesn't mean ur going to go live in Middlesborough does it?!

aqualung likes this.