1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season Ticket Sales

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by DickPlumb, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Leftbehind

Leftbehind Active Member
    Staff Member

ordered mine

2. charltonted

charltonted Active Member

Not for me, not even a personal boycott anymore. I can't be asked with the hassle to go watch 3rd rate football. Easier & more entertaining to watch park football. New owners, new attitude to what we want to achieve on the pitch & the pull back may be to much for me.

3. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for next Wednesday when the non-league fixtures are announced.

4. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0169-dance <ok> :)

5. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

I was going to order one, but then I realised that I had better things to spend my money on. So I put down a deposit on a holiday to the far east.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  6. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Did you have one last season? If not, what made you go back?

I thought I was going to re-sign up, but they've done nothing to fill me with confidence that this will be anything other than another car crash season.

7. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

This transfer window is going the same way as all the other transfer windows. Short of a goalkeeper, no cover at right back, no fit left back, another number ten.
    But they have learned their lesson. I can't see much movement in unless they get rid of Sarr, Texeira etc. Who would take them on with their hefty salaries?

8. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Perhaps there is somebody as stupid as squirrel face, on seconds thoughts maybe not.

9. lardiman

lardiman The truth is out there
    Forum Moderator

Only one player (Andrew Crofts) was signed in July last summer, on 27th of that month.
    Seven of our regular first team players including Declan Rudd were signed in August - four of those seven after the 2016-17 season kicked off.

10. Crack Addick

Crack Addick Active Member

I've been seeing a lot more pre-season training videos on facebook than previous years over the last week.
    "Look how sharp our boys are"
    "Great team spirit"
    Not sure if this is the influence of having Charlton men like Bowyer and Jackson taking up positions, or a cynical attempt at trying to drum up season ticket sales.
    I have to say the videos are proving more entertaining than any of the performances I saw last season.

11. lardiman

Forum Moderator

There is an obvious charm offensive going on with the coverage of the Ireland trip.
    An ongoing effort to emphasise the positive, promote the idea of good team spirit developing and underline how much better things are now (than last summer).
    There's nothing wrong as such with the enthusiastic coverage of the Ireland tour; it makes a welcome change in some ways.
    But there is no doubt the principle objective is to persuade as many wavering or doubtful fans as possible to renew their season tickets now.

By the end of August things may still be just as positive and optimistic looking as they are now. And they may not.
    Those last few weeks before the transfer window closes will be as important in shaping the rest of the season as the first weeks of July.

12. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

There is a way to sell more Season tickets. Just **** off RD and take Meire and the SMT. Then watch the Season Tickets fly off the shelves.

13. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

To be honest I'm not sure if so many videos are necessarily a good thing, there was a lot of paranoia about Magennis not being there on social media (late back due to International football), Watt getting slated for his fitness and ridicule aimed at some of Bowyers coaching.

This post sounds negative, but it's just some of the stuff I've noted from reading social media. One plus has been Kashi, looks to be comfortable enough whilst training.

14. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

I wish they would stop with all the emoji ****. It's utterly embarrassing and cringeworthy. Maybe I'm underestimating our vast amount of teenage girl fans?

15. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

they're trying (and when i say they're, i mean OG, seeing as he's the only one left) to do things the way we were the season before they turned up. after 3 unsuccessful years they've reverted to as we were as they've realised they've ballsed it up - learning from their mistakes i think they call it.

i'm not buying it. at all.

the thread on here that shows our current squad shows that we're down on numbers and quality. that is not material for a promotion push. we only have a month to add to this and when we do, they'll already be a week or two behind having missed ireland.

all the positives videos in the world will only work if you believe in the manager. gobbo aint no CP.

16. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

17. lardiman

Forum Moderator

And significant.
    As the report says this is not just due to Millwall being promoted last season.
    Despite everything the defenders of Duchatelet may claim, there is a huge difference between the way Charlton fans felt during our previous three-season stay in League One (2009-2012) and the way they feel this time around.
    A social media campaign and a slick new website don't go a fraction of the distance needed to bridge to chasm between the current regime, which is creeping people out with its patronising, obsessive positivity, and the huge section of the fan base who are thoroughly sick and tired of being taken for fools.

KM will never understand why she can't do her job.
    Millwall outselling Charlton for season tickets is the clearest signal yet that she has failed and she should resign. But that thought will not even have occurred to her. For as long as she is running Charlton Athletic, the divide between Club and fans which makes Valley season tickets now almost worthless will never be closed.

Katrien Meire - do the best thing for Charlton Athletic Football Club and resign now.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  18. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

19. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Well, at least our heroic heroes didn't turn out to be disgusting racists. That's something.

20. The Elfsborg Sparrow

If squirrel face was ever going to resign it would have been after the bedsheet liar game.

She has no morals or principles, unlike Mel Baroni. Amongst many other things she is a total parasite.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
: cafc