1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sheff Utd v Charlton

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Mar 18, 2017.

1. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

More tragically - they all picked points up.

2. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

We should be safe. I predicted relegation at the start of the season, so this represents success.

3. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

If we'd been gunning for promotion, I'd have been upset about that result. After three years of dire management, a 2-1 away loss against the champions elect can be deemed acceptable as we played well. Christ! If that doesn't sum up the terrible state of the club, how much worse does it need to get?
    Honestly, it sounds as though with the injury list shrinking we'll avoid the drop. Whoppee. Karl is currently vying with Karel Fraeye for worst regime manager, and it's actually Slade and Nugent whose results will save us. All in all trudly pathetic.
    I thought I'd be happy if we avoided a thrashing, but I can't be assed with the fake smile this morning. We are trying to avoid relegation with the richest owner in the club's history. Quite an accomplishment Roland.

CAFC'sBestInterests likes this.
  4. ForestHillBilly

Young Karl is fond of saying how honest he is, so I'm sure that when we scrape home he will mention this fact in his press interview.

5. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

If we remove the seven points under Nugent we would be 21st on 40 points. We would have no games in hand over P Vale who would be 1 point above us and two over Shrewsbury who would be 3 points ahead. It looks like his three game tenure will save us from League 2, but they have almost certainly learnt from their mistakes so lets give them the summer transfer window.

6. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Watched the highlights - Tex is a woeful defender. Terrible.

7. ForestHillBilly

For the first 15 minutes we were a very good team, deserved ur lead, could easily have been more, but in the end the Blades were quite comfortable winners, the scoreline could have been 5-2 quite easily. I was frustrated that Gobinson didn't bring the subs on earlier, Botaka on his day might well have got a goal back, and Chicken was very poor. Da Silva was better. TWWW put in a shift, but didn't look anything more than an average L1 striker. Novak was Novak. On the plus side Holmes looks a proper Charlton player and Bauer had a good game, just as well, because none of the other back 4 did.

Ponders Revisited likes this.