1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sheff Utd v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Aug 2, 2015.

1. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

yep, id be happy with the southend bloke

2. Anal Frank Fingers

Anal Frank Fingers Well-Known Member

For all McGregor's poor inside post issues, I still prefer that to watching Bo constantly parry the ball back into the area for any lucky striker to pick up on. I've not watched him since he left us though so he could have lost that weakness I guess.

3. where's les mutrie now

where's les mutrie now Well-Known Member

A very cool finish by Hernandez, but unfortunately in a nothing match. If he only he had finished 2 or 3 of those sitters last season which might have meant we were playing Chelsea next season instead TWS. Still onwards and upwards.

Newland Tiger likes this.
  4. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

I`m sorry trying to defend the indefensible is futile, it`s yet another glaring blunder in a long list, that was a powder puff shot which shouldn`t beat any keeper worth his shirt, I agree Jakapovic isn`t any better which for me shows that we need to invest in a new no.1, whether it is Bentley or someone else.

5. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Dixon tried that ball to hernandez for the goal a few times against Chesterfield. Provocative ****.

6. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

robertson looks fuming

fkin sick o mcgregor this wee flapper

7. South West 'Ulltra

South West 'Ulltra Well-Known Member

Have just got back from Bramall Lane - and what a woeful game that was for 65 minutes.

In the first half we were slow, and to be honest just didn't look bothered whatsoever. Dawson made an absolutely outstanding block to deny them getting an opener, and McGregor made some decent saves to foil them too. Elmo did NOTHING the whole game, Clucas tried his hardest but Huddlestone/Meyler behind him were piss poor. But donkey of the afternoon has to go to Jelavic, who was just awful - did nothing in his 45 minutes, and to be honest was outclassed by Greg Luer when he came on.

Alex Bruce was just... bang average, Dawson played the full 90 and did well, Taylor was composed in his job and almost scored a beauty of a set peice in the first half and Aluko appeared to be our main creative spark in a shocking first 45 minutes.

However, plus points - Clucas was positive (although was strangled in the second half by their number 15, who was batshit insane), CJM looked good again, Luer was so close to scoring, but have to say - Hernandez was the game changer today. Actually played CAM behind N'Doye and Luer, but actually looked up for the cause and looked to be enjoying his football. I'd much rather see him stay than Jelavic, who looked disinterested and out the door - the pass from Matty Dixon to him was outstanding and the goal was superb (we were right above it) - it was pleasing to see a smile on the lad's face.

I wouldn't expect to see Palacios again folks, was doing a lot of fitness tests when we walked in to the ground... he didn't look too happy by the end of them!

To round off a good day - managed to grab a quick chat with Aluko and CJM in Sheffield Station on the way home!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  8. South West 'Ulltra

Robertson was nowhere near his best today - so not sure what reason he'd have to be fuming. Nowhere near creative enough.

9. Blaknamberblood

Have to say last game before it gets real again, no one wants to get injured so there is no surprise many were off form today showing a distinct lack of interest. Always look for the positives !

PLT and South West 'Ulltra like this.
  10. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

11. South West 'Ulltra

To be honest, Thudd just looked his usual, lethargic self!

12. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Lets hope Elmo isnt on his way. He always has a good go. Mr consistency. Surprised at Jelavic.

13. Blaknamberblood

So what you are saying is the Thudd achieved the standard he regularly maintained last season, again looking for positives :emoticon-0136-giggl

South West 'Ulltra likes this.
  14. South West 'Ulltra

Here's a positive, Isaac Hayden can only get better!
    First touch, a pass 5 yards over Clucas' head straight into touch! Looked cool and collected other than that. Will come good when he's settled.

15. Blaknamberblood

There ya go, infectious isn`t it being positive... :1980_boogie_down:

16. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Yep. The last friendly is always a dour and thoroughly disheartening match.

17. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

That's a quality finish from Abel H, I really liked the look of him when he first came here, I thought he was the answer when he scored those early goals, the problem I have with him now is his "desire" to be in Italy! If he's here after deadline day then fine but he better shut the **** up about wanting out & make himself work hard & then he can go in January when he's earned his move!

18. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Palacios hasn't got a work permit, he wasn't eligible to play.

19. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

Not the best of games but not the worst either. It was what it was and that is that. I like the look of Greg Luer and would like to see him start @ Accrington in the cup.
    The defence looks as solid as ever atm, however McGregor is now in the last chance saloon. Another mistake costs us a goal/win. It cannot carry on. Maybe a call to Steve Harper should be made. If still available that is.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  20. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

Who is Greg Leur?