1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Should cattermole be dropped?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by concrete tony, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I don't like to make long term predictions about football it's a fools game.

What I'm seeing now is a team with a defence that is improving but still needs tweaking, but is scoring a lot of goals. We have a pretty good attack and a good manager. To state we're in a relegation dogfight after a few games is a knee jerk, nonsensical opinion to me, sorry.

2. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Okay fair enough.

By tweaking do you mean new fullbacks? :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Mackem-Tiz likes this.
  3. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

And as for relegation dogfight. I didn't mean it's happening Right this second. More the fact I think we're more towards that than comfortably mid table by the end of the season.

4. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

Why do you think that is? I'm 6,000 miles away so don't hear the word on the street type of thing....is the other players losing respect for him because of the drink? Is he a s**t in a real life? Something seems so wrong with him at the moment....at one time he would be my first player on the team sheet but at the moment we need to leave him out a few games. M'Vila and Toivenon, when these guys are up to speed I think will be dynamite together....

The Relic likes this.
  5. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

ANY player not performing should be dropped, NO exceptions.

Haven't seen much of him tbh, but what i have seen of him, he's been way below par and at times a liability. A spell on the sidelines might give him the motivation he's lacking.

Lens, M'Vila and to a degree, Rodwell are all starting to look good, now we also have Toivonen. Where does Catts fit in? I can see him going head to head with Rodwell for a place and i can see Catts losing out if he doesn't get his head together.

6. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

He's got two weeks now to get himself sorted. Give him a game after the international break. If he's ****e again, drop him. Simple as that. He's not an automatic choice anymore. He has been an average player in a poor team. Looks like DA's signings are a step up from what we have had.

By the way I dont think SAFC have won any of their first four games in the EPL for the last 4-5 seasons. So at least were consistent.

ROBOJOHN likes this.
  7. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

LA Mackem mentioned this and I know nothing apart from what I've seen lads.

At Villa, O'Shea was talking to everyone continually except Cattermole.
    When he gave away the penalty the other players weren't making a point of 'consoling' him, they looked like they were seriously aggrieved at his stupidity. He seems to have retreated into some weird shell which is worrying ........ bunker mentality it looks like.

8. The Relic

The Relic Well-Known Member

Hiya, Nordic. Where did this come from please, and what's it based on? I'd better explain that I've been a bit out of action for nearly a month now, and haven't been keeping up to date with SAFC matters. I'd be keen to know about this if you've the time though. Any disruption in the team is as harmful as downright bad play. You need eleven players who want to work together, and have confidence in each other to make it tick properly. I would assume Dick is on top of this and trying to sort it - because it does need doing.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  9. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Good to have you back you old bastard. <ok>

Gil T Azell and The Relic like this.
  10. The Relic

Thanks, young 'un. <laugh>

Gil T Azell likes this.

11. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good to see you on here again mate.

The average age on here plummeted to a disturbingly low level.

Good to see balance restored <ok><ok>

Charley Farley and The Relic like this.
  12. Aussie blackcat85

Aussie blackcat85 Well-Known Member

Big fan of catts, he cost a goal and when he was replaced we won the 2nd half 1-0. Wouldn't worry me if he had a spell M'Villa's vision is killer, that ball to Defoe gave me a stiffy lol. Ola will make a huge difference. We showed fight and heart yesterday, moving in the right direction!

Gil T Azell and The Relic like this.
  13. The Relic

Sarky b*stard. <laugh> Thanks mate. :emoticon-0148-yes:

Gil T Azell likes this.
  14. mitchthemakem

mitchthemakem Well-Known Member

At the moment Catts is way below par and I mean way below he is costing us points again reminds me of the way he played at west Brom when PDC was sacked I would drop him and even think about sell him if Stoke came back in even though I hate Adams I would swap him Adams is a better footballer but we now have options in m,villa toivenan and rodwell

15. Bizarreknives

Bizarreknives Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

it makes complete sense to drop catts, put Rodwell in his position who would be better defensively and let Mvilla rule the midfield

16. ADR66

ADR66 Member

Deffo Drop him, I would like to also see Larsson replaced, give Whatmore a good run.

17. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

See whilst Catts is way off the pace, he gives M'Vila a bit more freedom. Seb can't do the Catts role and Rodwell was invisible yesterday. Heard his name once in commentary (60 mins I listened to) and it was "... Goes past Rodwell"! Who else can break play? I don't want M'Vila having to drop deeper as he's class with that bit more freedom! So I think the answer to the question is yes but we don't have a player to replace him!

18. newbottle bank

newbottle bank Active Member

deffo something going on with Catts, that MOTD interview after the Norwich game was ill advised. No good pointing the finger at others when you're playing sh*te yourself. We might have scabbed a win yesterday if not for his kamikaze defending................Hes been watching too many Paul Mcshane videos :)

19. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I'm gonna keep an eye on this, could well be something in it.

Catts has always had, despite his flaws, genuine heart and leadership qualities, if he's been shunned that would clearly result in a dip.

marcusblackcat likes this.
  20. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Gaffer needs to sort that out though if it's the case. If there is a problem between him and the team and you lot are seeing it (I couldn't watch the game yesterday but have seen some highlights) then he needs to as well and nip it in the bud. No good having a player who's game is based on heart and leadership that is being pushed out by the rest.

The other thing the gaffer should work on is Defoe controlling a football!! Two fantastic passes to him yesterday and neither stuck! Bounced off him 1 on 1 with the keeper!