1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Should we sack LJ now?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by oneforthebristolcity, Feb 16, 2017.

1. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

There are many many threads & childish petitions regarding LJs involvement with our downward slide and the dangerous reality of being relegated.
    Collating everything together that I've read, it is without question, most on here would like to see LJ gone.
    I think it's easy just to say sack him & his management team, but the club by doing that will need a plan B to cover those actions.
    Anything the club (SL) does would be a gamble, knowing as we all do, there are no guarantees either way of survival.

Sack LJ & his team and we would need to bring in new management.

Apart from Red Robin (Pardew & Pearson, (I think it was them :emoticon-0104-surpr), many have said LJ needs to go, but many haven't said who we should replace him with.

So the questions are;
    Should we sack LJ now?
    If yes, Who should we replace him with (please be realistic) available or approachable?
    If Yes, with your manager chosen, what credentials does he have to turn our season around to avoid relegation.

My answer (I'm awaiting the backlash and being accused of being a happy clapper)
    I think it's too late to get rid.....I did say before the January window, that if we were to change, that was the time to do it.

My gamble would be to keep him until the first 10 games of next season if we survive. Sack him if we get relegated. (perhaps Warnock might be interested in getting us out of League 1)

BCFCRob likes this.
  2. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

3. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

For me, no, because there's no one suitable to come in.

If a good opportunity arises, then yes.

4. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Its not down to us- If you ask me what I think will happen is that he will stay at least through the next 3 games regardless of results- Trouble is then we have to play, Burton, Wigan and Blackburn without having moved forward, so its a gamble. If he goes after that, the new Manager would not really have time to put things right.

I think that he should have gone a few weeks back personally, but as he hasn't, we haven't the choice. My wish is for the team to do well and produce regardless of who is in charge. I, like several others, lack the confidence and belief that LJ is the right person to do so.

5. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Anybody just to keep us up,then put a team in place for next season.

This cannot carry on any more.

You really do have to question the owner,has he lost in mind.

we are fooked under this management team.

Fulham Wednesday, the noise will get louder and louder regards LJ.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  6. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

It was a huge gamble taking him on in the first place.

It hasn't worked.

This should all have been done and dusted when we got to the 8th straight record league defeat. That was inexcusable.

Warburton would certainly be an attractive proposition.

Supcon72 and Redprintt like this.
  7. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Really don't get the hype over Warburton, but everyone else seems to be, just like Rowett.

I dunno, it's making me weary this. I feel like if we get the right manager, we could make 2 signings and be straight up to the top end of the Championship with the squad we have. It's fecking infuriating.

If we do get relegated, we will inevitably sack LJ, and if we get the right manager in, we could run riot over League One even more so than under SC, even with the inevitably departures. I just don't have the confidence that we will get the right manager in, and I don't want us to be relegated.

8. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

I don't buy this that a new manager won't have time to turn it around as I personally believe barring full backs we've a good team.
    Warburton comes with a good record at Brentford but so did LJ with Barnsley and Oldham but let's be honest it's not difficult in the league of Celtic to be good is to overthrow them.
    Rowlett same as LJ in principle
    After that I'm stuck as we know RR choices won't come the same as we knew when he was trying to be ITK regarding Pardew was going to be at the Sheffield Wednesday game.
    Outside the UK I don't know what's available but the one thing I do know is whoever it's employed won't be someone we can all agree on. And no doubt come November it will be throwing the dummy out saying I wanted NP or AP now my mate behind me tells me Conte wanted this job etc.

9. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

Now we have come this far - no

10. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

I think if we get relegated, there could be a big hangover- Some players wouldn't stay and I don't think that we would find it too easy, Villa have found that this year as have Norwich. Newcastle were always likely to be strong especially after retaining Benitez.
    Mid table might be as much as we could expect, hence more the reason to put things right now whilst we still have chance to

11. Red Robin

If Lansdown wants a proper manager,he knows there are two top guys, ready and waiting,if he can persuade them,this is the job for them.

Ground,Backing,Fan Base -all we need is a proper respected man at the helm,can you imagine what the players would think, if AP or NP were here.
    I can fook me they mean business.
    Get a proper manager down the gate Mr Lansdown before it is to late.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  12. oneforthebristolcity

Quite interesting listening to Talk sport this morning interviewing Huddersfield owner Dean Hoyle and his appointment of David Wagner who had no previous managerial experience. Hoyle was after something different, organisation and an identity. Their success has been on a shoestring budget. A large amount of their players were captains with their previous clubs, full of leaders...
    It was a gamble to appoint someone not having managerial experience let a lone not knowing the championship....but it's working for them..

Being there's no "Special one" that seems to be available in this country, maybe abroad is the place to scout!

13. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Wagner managed in Germany I thought but take your point

14. RedorDead

How do you know for definite that NP was not approached and turned us down last time? Or maybe his interview he turned up talking about ostrich's? You don't so why do you proclaim every other post that Lansdown has to get him?
    He done a pretty ****ty job at Derby when they was ok as they were last season and it took an ex manager to come in and sort them out again. Same players just different man organising the team. He lost the plot at Leicester and then supposedly lashed out at the owner at Derby. And you want this man to be in charge of our team?
    AP would never look at us he believes he's a premiership manager there are more fan based nicer grounds (as that's what you harp on about us now) already in the championship. There is also one of them (granted not nicer looking ground) in Nottingham Forest that he's not on their list so what gives you the idea that he would come here.
    We know that you want LJ gone, it's been mentioned once or twice and the same went for all the previous managers before him you wanted out.
    But Onefor asked for people to be realistic which I believe you seem to struggle with. Get over yourself with your brother telling you stuff or the man that sits behind you and talk some sense those two ain't coming so give us some more likely contenders please.

15. oneforthebristolcity

Only as an assistant apparently, I could be wrong!

16. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

No, I reckon you're right. Done a good job there though, as is Clement at Swansea who was No2 abroad before Derby.

17. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Its all a risk. But in my humble opinion it's more risky doing nothing and hoping the a combination of Rotherham, Wigan, Blackburn, Burton will finish below us.

Just look how long the massive Sheffield United have been down in L1. That could be us again, for years and years if this goes wrong.

gdknac likes this.
  18. RedorDead

Or we could come back in two years or like Wigan one year. So basically no one knows but let's all look on the future half empty.

Red Robin likes this.
  19. Red Robin

Hey Rodney whats happened to Leicester this year-NPs team won the league last time,Raneri struggling big time this year:emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl::emoticon-0140-rofl:

20. RedorDead

oh so it's Raneri's fault now nothing to do with last year being an exception then is it.
    But once again you are in cloud cuckoo land. <doh>

BCFCRob and oneforthebristolcity like this.