1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Should we sell Tiote?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Darth Tash, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Randy712

Randy712 Member

I'd say sell, has looked vulnerable every time he's played this season. I actually feel more secure with Perch sitting that i do with Tiote. He has this 'wrecking-ball' mentality that just gets penalised at every cost.

He heard the whistle, everyone and their nan's heard it - yet he decided to plunder on. I didn't even think it was too much to be honest, had Fletcher not got the ball, Tiote's foot would have smacked it away, deeming it no more than a late challenge. But everyone else on that pitch knew not to give the ref an option except Tiote. Silly silly boy. Glad we'll see Perch and Cabs in the middle hopefully now.

2. Wise James

Wise James Member

how sunderland can be called professional after today

I dont no of any person or footballer who would have given so little towards there team scoring today, we had more shots on target and same match possession

maybe newcastle really is just that good :)

3. Katmandu

Katmandu New Member

Tiote is very important to us, however if you ar a DM this can happen and its only his second red for us mate.

It was a yellow fom most other refs but we all know this guy loves his cards.

**** me I've seen an elbow of the ball get nothing only two weeks ago and this was just a very slightly mis timed tackle

4. Randy712

Randy712 Member

I would normally agree, but I've seen nothing from Tiote this season to merit his inclusion in the side. In terms of form, and usability in a defensive CM position, James Perch seems much more assured. Not only that, he's better in the air, much more composed on the ball, some-what creative and can actually tackle. The only thing about Tiote is his ability to close down the opposition extremely quicker.

Rash challenges, dilly-dallying on the ball and poor decision making - for a number of games now. Needs a good look at himself. I honestly hope we see the Tiote of last season again though!

5. Spiderman-Mask

Spiderman-Mask Well-Known Member

If he does get his 3 match ban (possible) then I say we try and bring Bigi into the first team

6. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

If he does, I'm going to contribute more to the training of guide dogs so they can bark when the ref clearly fecks up... Somebody needs to help the blind tossers

7. Katmandu

Katmandu New Member

sometimes dilly dallying is better than what many of our players do when in tight areas - just hoof it .

All I'm saying is that Cabaye and Tiote are a great partnership and for whatever reason we have never had both out ther enough this season.

I'm sick of people getting critical of our better players down the years I've noticed this - the fact for me is that of we lose the better ones we have nothing on the bench to replace them.

8. Stevie T

Stevie T Active Member

For me Perch is next in line for that DM role if Tiote is not available. Bigi has got a lot to learn before becoming a starter in that position consistently in the Prem.

9. Graham Carr's Binoculars

Graham Carr's Binoculars Well-Known Member

So tiote will have now missed 6 league games (7 if you include today) out of 11 by the time he returns. He is by no means invaluable as has was in his first season. He simply isn't on the pitch enough and when he has been he's been poor.

I'm not saying sell him at any cost, but IMO if someone offered 15 million we'd be stupid to turn it down.

10. Randy712

Randy712 Member

I agree that Cabaye and Tiote are a great partnership, when both are playing well. Cabaye just coming back into form, but Tiote hasn't had a good game since United match in January. Honestly, name me one game where you can say 'yes, Tiote bossed that midfield'. If strikers such as Cisse or Ba get dropped for poor form, then why can we not drop Tiote (thankfully this 3 game absence should wake him up).

11. Katmandu

Katmandu New Member

Because Ameobiis very experienced Premier league player! Bigi is good im sure but againts who? ****ty eurpean teams, Gosling is ****, Anita looks **** so far but time will tell.

12. Randy712

Randy712 Member

What about Perch? We've seem some of his most assured performance from a holding position. Even today, Perch came on today and more than held his own.

13. Katmandu

Katmandu New Member

I think Tiote is better than Tiote but I'd say yes go with him as he can do a job.

He's no world beater and I like him but long term if you're talking about selling Tiote we need a better replacement.

14. Randy712

Randy712 Member

Tiote better than Tiote? Well we all know that Tiote can be better than Tiote, but Tiote hasn't showed that he is actually a better player than Tiote for a long time. I like the old Tiote, not this new Tiote.

Perch.

15. Katmandu

Katmandu New Member

Tiote is way way better than Tiote

16. LTF

LTF Well-Known Member

Pardew has said in his post match interview he can't argue with the red card, who knows if Tiote learns from this and tries harder to remain composed, then perhaps it's not such a high price to pay.

17. Yurilly

Yurilly Well-Known Member

Never a red card.

18. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Wasn't a red but he needs to learn to be careful because he is getting too many cards in games.

19. Graham Carr's Binoculars

Graham Carr's Binoculars Well-Known Member

I think it was probably between a yellow and a red, this time the ref went with red which was unfortunate. How Larsson also didn't get a red is beyond me though! Regarding Tiote I hope whoever replaces him, whether it be Bigi, Perch, Anita really perform so when he's available he's out of the team for a period. He needs a kick up his ass and to stop all of his on field dramatics, a spell out of the team (not through suspension but through selection) would do him good, bit of a reality check for him.

20. Santiago Munez

Santiago Munez Well-Known Member

Perch has been much more reliable this season. Tiote's poor form and stupid temper has been worrying.