1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Si says farewell

Discussion in 'Preston' started by themaclad, Jul 3, 2017.

1. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

A Thank You From Simon Grayson
    Just now

please log in to view this image

Simon Grayson has issued the following the statement over the weekend following his departure.

"The last 48 hours have been a bit of a whirlwind and unfortunately that meant I was unable to say thank you to a number of people associated with Preston North End.

First of all I’d just like to say how much I enjoyed my four years at Deepdale. From day one I felt at home and I’ll never forgot the memories and relationships forged during a period I feel we can all be proud of.

When I arrived the challenge we faced was staying in League One, but after achieving that goal we went on to bigger and better things and the people behind the scenes deserve immense credit for that.

After losing to Rotherham United we didn’t dwell and it fuelled our desire to succeed, and that ultimately led to an unforgettable day at Wembley 12 months later.

I have to thank the owner Trevor Hemmings and his advisor Peter Ridsdale for giving me the chance to manage such a wonderful football club and for his continued support throughout my four years at Deepdale.

And I also have to offer the same thanks to my backroom team and the other people behind the scenes, from the ground staff to the catering team and everyone in between, because you did everything you could to allow me to get the best out of myself and the players.

Finally, to the fans.

Nothing would have been possible without your truly immense backing.

I can only say thank you for your support and wish you nothing but the best moving forward.

Best wishes and thank you,

Simon Grayson"

2. barnetpne

barnetpne Well-Known Member

There are some who will be dglad to see him leave. But I always thought that he was a manager of limited budget and that suited PNE at the time. He was 'safe'.We can now move on perhaps with a more adventurous manager? But one with a bit more nous than Feerguson!