1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sissoko

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Rocky blue army, Mar 23, 2017.

1. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Technically I wouldn't say Janssen or Wanyama had much of a pre-season either, given we played the grand total of three pre-season friendlies last summer - yet somehow that's still a vast improvement on what GKN or Sissoko had.

2. Janssen needs to give it at least another season. By the sounds of it, he seems prepared to do that.

Tilly'sowner and Citizen Kane like this.
  3. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We need to get our business done early, have a proper pre-season and start quickly.
    Leave a little room for a late deal on a bargain, if possible, but have a pretty settled squad as soon as possible.
    Pochettino's training regime takes a little while to get up to speed, anyway. We can't afford this sort of pissing about.

4. humanbeingincroydon

Since we've got a pre-season trip of the US lined up, I doubt we'll have a proper pre-season - for the third season in a row.

5. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

That's only a week, though. Still space for a game or two after that, as it finishes on July 29th.

6. humanbeingincroydon

Next season will begin on August 12th, so I'm not sure we'll be arranging too many matches for the week or so we have inbetween.

7. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Because we're going to be playing in the Community Shield after we win the FA Cup, right? <whistle>

8. Do we get a walkover if we win the league as well?? <whistle>

9. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

I agree. The question is are the club willing to indulge?

I personally think he's done enough in recent weeks to justify another crack at it. He was thrown in at the deep end far too early on this season with Kane's injury in September and it clearly knocked his confidence for six.

Like with Lamela, I admire a player who works hard and wears his heart on his sleeve. Bottom line is we need a 3rd choice striker anyway - every other top club has one. Selling Vince now means that we'll be in the market for 2 strikers which, taking our track record into account, is a scenario I'd vastly prefer to avoid.

10. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

I bought one for Guy Fawkes night.

11. Midfielder Moussa Sissoko, 27, has insisted he does not want to leave Tottenham during the summer despite struggling to make the grade at White Hart Lane. (London Evening Standard)

Well, then, you had better buckle down and start doing what Poch tells you to do, and stop acting like a dickhead!
    <ok>

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  12. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

My Cousin was (stupidly) the most excited Spurs fan when Sissoko joined. At one point he seriously said one of Eriksen or Alli could lose their place to him.

Ashamed to call him my Cousin to be honest. Thick ****.

13. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

When Sissoko is on form he can be absolutely brilliant. I remember a few years back we played Newcastle in the league cup I think it was and eventually won 4-0. In the first few minutes Sissoko came forward a few times and showed amazing skills, beating a few players. I remember thinking "who the hell is this guy"? However, I think he was substituted around the 15 minute mark as I can't remember seeing him for the rest of the game.

14. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Not necessarily

15. Tilly'sowner

Tilly'sowner Well-Known Member

Whilst I wouldn't say I was excited, I was initially pleased when Spurs signed him, thinking we would get the "French" version rather than the "Newcastle" version.

Sorry, I hope you can forgive me.

Dier Hard and Lovearsenalcock like this.
  16. I suspect that there is something in Sissoko's attitude that has put him out of favour with Poch.

If that is the case, I cannot see him staying at the club.

It doesn't matter how good a player he is, if he has a deep-seated problem with the manager, the club, some of the players, the training methods, the toilets - whatever the problem is inside his head - he's not going to be of any use to a disciplinarian like Poch, who demands that players fall in line with his very clearly envisioned tactics and fitness regime.