1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Skuglas is back

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Roystonblue, Apr 1, 2017.

1. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

He's using what he's got. With more money he could buy better players to play his crap football and it may not be quite so bad. Not defending his team selection today though but better players always helps.

2. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

He still has to leave in the summer

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  3. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

MEvans shows no ambition to succeed and Micks only ambition is to keep Evans happy by not moaning about lack of ambition of Evans and for this Mick is paid very well.

4. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Got that right Weighty.
    So many other managers would've been bitching about lack of funds.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  5. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

I'm hearing people saying that they'll renew their season tickets regardless. I honestly think if people really want change tough love is needed. Stay away from the club until the message is finally heard. It's either that or be mugged off for another season. I won't be going to PR until things improve, tempted to stop subscription to Player too.

6. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

Skuse is out of the next 2 games. If we get 6 points, will the penny drop?

itfcptc likes this.
  7. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Another dreadful performance that only came to life after a very lucky equaliser, misplaced passes, the ball given on a plate to Brum, a midfield that failed to engage the opposition, and even Bart putting the ball into touch from a goal kick, the bright spots? Ward coming to life in the second half, Sears giving everything for 90 mins, Samuel looks a player in the making, but by far the best bit was the North Stand giving Evans dogs abuse for his attempted destruction of our Club, sad isn't it.

8. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

But you know Mick is in 'spoiler' mode, right?
    It's almost survival mode but not quite.
    His thoughts going into these two games are not of the 'we must win' kind. He wants to prevent either from gaining ground on us and then he'll try and beat Fulham, knowing that a poor result will have less consequences.

Expect us to try and contain Wigan but they will have more fight and do us over.

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  9. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

It didn't last time it was obvious

10. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I've just read his interview on TWTD, a must not lose game apparently.
    Says it all really.

11. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Another utterly abject performance,Skuglas ffs,when will MM ever try to win a game rather than just not lose?Tick,tick,tick,I fear the clock is not just running down for Carty McHoofball!

12. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

When we don't have a game my feelings towards Mick softens and I think if ME just invested a little more in the team we'd be okay but then we play a game and I just think Mick get out of our club!!

We play absolutely crap football (and it's a choice to play that way) yet we have a far better team technically than we did 2 years ago when we made the playoffs and we offer decent wages for both players and managers, despite the lack of transfer fees we shouldn't be as bad as we are!!

Then we go onto our youngsters who just aren't given a chance but crap journeymen players are in the team every week. We have actually quite a big squad, get rid of the squad players get quality in and let the youngster do the rest!!

If we talk about football philosophy Mick is the opposite to what I think about football and I can't stomach it any longer. We're seriously in danger of being as bad as we were under Roy Keane, Micks only saving grace seems to be he has still seemingly managed to keep the unity of the team

13. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

We have got a run of massive games coming up as we are playing those clubs just below us. Burton away next Saturday and then Forest away. If we don't get at least 5 points from the next 3 games then relegation could be a real possibility. This club is sleep walking over the abyss yet the powers that be refuse to see what is happening before their eyes! Even if we do avoid the drop it will be our lowest league finish in 60 years! A damning verdict on Evans 10 year reign as owner of this once great football club. He may well have saved us financially but we poor fans are paying a heavy price for it now! Why aren't the local media in uproar over what's happening? I suggest that the EADT, TWTD, BBC Suffolk etc all grow a pair and start campaigning for Evans to change his ways or sling his hook! There needs to be organised protests not sporadic chants from the North Stand Die hards. This football club is in the worst state it has been in since the mid 1950s and yet nothing is being done by the supporters to raise our concerns. In the words of Delia "Where are you....? Let's be having you!" The future of our club is at stake! It's easier to be apathetic than proactive but I say to all the ST holders who have paid their hard earned to watch garbage football to all rise up and protest at the remaining home games. This motley crew who run the club are getting far too much of an easy ride!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  14. fieldmarshall

I wonder much it would cost to take out an ad in the EADT? Not a full page but a fair sized space with an open letter to to the " The Spivmaster " telling him exactly what we think of his policies, just a thought.

15. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

The EADT have a bloody duty to publish this for free! They are supposed to be at the heart of the community they serve so they bloody well want to start acting like it! I know it's a Norwich based newspaper so the cynic in me is thinking that they'd rather us go down the pan!

16. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Two great posts from ptc and JWM <applause>

I agree with both of you <ok>

17. fieldmarshall

Radio Suffolk interviewers won't even ask MEs pet poodle Milne the direct question " why is Evans starving this Club of the funding it needs to go forward because at the moment it makes no sense whatsoever to carry on the way we are? " Fear of losing the broadcasting contract possibly?

Nuggets and San Diego like this.