1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread SLOVAKIA v ENGLAND

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Half-time 0-0.......nothing changed since the Euros from the first half....Rooney still in mid-field when we where told he would be up front......periods when you didn't know he was on the pitch.

Hart not having too much to do.....but doesn't bring to much confidence....makes me nervous watch him clearing the ball with the opposition bearing down on him.

Hope things improve in the second-half because at the moment this is a repeat of the summer disaster.

2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I expect a win is all you can ask for.......but wow that was hard against ten men for over 30 minutes......not impressed in how hard England found that ....but what has changed under Allardyce....not much at the moment from what I can see.

3. SaintLapras

SaintLapras Well-Known Member

I was disappointed when England scored, I'd have loved to see Slovakia score a 95th minute winner, shoving two fingers up at those overpaid, primadonas and the FA in all it's glorious incompetence.

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ah but I always new they had been watching Argyle videos Pompeylapras and sure enough they mimic yesterday's result by scoring in the last minute of play. It was crap though. I thought it might be but as normal I couldn't help watching it nonetheless. I did though think they put in more effort this time so can't quite give them the overpaid prima donna insult I normally would. Well apart from Harry Kane that is. It was the right result on balance and Skirtel needs banning permanently. He is a dirty git and a serial offender. It's not like he's subtle either. He should have gone before he did and then acts like he can't believe the decision. Total moron. I am pleased with the points but I do hope they improve before the real competition starts.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Skirtel....ex- Liverpool....what do you expect.

6. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Well skittle should have gone in the euros against us and wales..

I only watched bits as what i saw was toatlly boring and nothing has changed, i thought walcott and ali were ok coming on.. Why does he play Rooney and henderson? We will win the group and then come home early when the real thing starts..

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

With Sam Allardyce stating before the game against Slovakia that Wayne Rooney would not be in mid-field...it looked like Allardyce had come to the obvious decision that the rest of us had been shouting from the roof tops since the Euros debacle.

What did we see during this first World Cup group match ?......Rooney strolling around midfield over hitting passes and certainly not putting his mark on the game. Allardyce when asked after the match why Rooney was in midfield having said that he wouldn't be....commented ' Wayne played where he wanted to' which was in a deep midfield role. I hope that this isn't a case of the tail wagging the dog....ok Rooney is an experienced player heading towards Shiltons 125 cap record....but Allardyce hasn't been chosen to be Englands manager to fulfil the whims of Wayne Rooney to continue the Euro disaster campaign into the next World Cup.

It worries me that Rooney can declare before the match that.....he will bring to an end his international career after the World Cup Finals.....so does he expect that he will be Englands first choice still in two years time.....or even that England will qualify for the 2018 tournament anyway.

Allardyce in my opinion cannot allow Rooney to be an automatic choice when it keeps the next generation....players such as Dele Alli on the bench until the last 25 minutes of the game....changed the game when he came on.......Harry Kane continued his Euro form (pants) and people keep asking how Jordan Henderson has racked up so many appearances without really ever being outstanding.....Raheem Sterling flatters to deceive......keeping the likes of Theo Walcott and Daniel Sturridge bench warming.

Joe Hart kept his place because of injuries in my opinion....and I have no idea who the goalkeeper on the bench...Heaton is ....apoligies I cannot remember his christian name without spending time looking it up.

Ok I agree with notDistant that what can you expect Allardyce to change in one game....obviously not a lot.....but he needs to stamp his authority on the team.....and certainly not give Rooney a free ride to beat Shiltons 125 mark.

PS..........Tom Heaton.....Burnley.......one International cap.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  8. SaintLapras

SaintLapras Well-Known Member

I read that. It's just another reason why I dislike the England team, overpaid primadonnas doing whatever the hell they like, while managers pussy foot around them. Pah. Sam is no better than Roy or Steve.