1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Smallest crowd I ever remember being in

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stan Dupp, Aug 23, 2016.

1. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

This has been coming for many years. Our excursions to the PL and the publicity of the big money signings drew in a large number of glory chasers and overseas visitors and this had the effect of masking several seasons of the worst football ever witnessed at LR. Apart from Wembley and Heidur Helguson's penalty, for the true QPR fan base it's been little else but suffering since the Adel season and that itself came after 20 years of downward spiral. TBH I was amazed our support stayed as solid as it did last term but I guess we sold a lot of season tickets on the basis of another quick return. Reality has now well and truly set in and despite being a season ticket holder of 52 years there were many games last season in which I was truly questioning my sanity by spending time on money on such abysmal football. I'm back for more because I'm an idiot but I can't honestly blame those who stay away. The way back for QPR involves a return to its traditions of attacking football (no sign of that under JFH yet) and making good on the promise of a new stadium with facilities slightly above the dark ages standard we currently endure at home games.

sb_73, StortfordQPR, Wherever and 3 others like this.
  2. Stan Dupp

Stan Dupp Well-Known Member

QPRaaaagh. That is one of the most sensible posts I have had the privilege to read. I can relate to that wholeheartedly and like you (47 years and counting) it's been through thin and thin, pretty much.

3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

If they charge more than £5 for these games what do they expect? I read a tweet from a Reading fan who said it was £1 to get in. If that is the case then fair play to the fakes. Saying that they only got 6K.

4. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I paid a fiver last night....I do think I got more than a fivers worth of entertainment.
    I am therefore happy

ELLERS and finglasqpr like this.
  5. acricketer

acricketer Well-Known Member

"QPR moved back in to White City Stadium for the 1962/63 season, but recorded their lowest ever crowd for a competitive game of 3,261, which was lost inside the giant ground and they sensibly fled back to Loftus Road."

3,928 there last night.