1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

SMC groundsmen gone

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by ...., Apr 21, 2017.

1. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

Yes, but if the senior manager relied on his expertise it would be seen as a perfectly reasonable thing to sign off. It may even have been covered in the manager's contract of employment.

Paragraph 101 says the purchases were excessive. The groundsmen were provided with a schedule of purchases but the claim does not mention any amounts. Without details of how much the SMC were spending prior to the sackings and how much they are spending now its impossible to say what "excessive" means. The bigger the difference the more likely the SMC will win at the Tribunal. Unless they prove Ehab instructed those who did the investigation and disciplinary hearings to sack them. The claim hints that may have been the case, but it doesn't provide any evidence that was the case.

howdentiger likes this.
  2. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

So the implication is that the groundsmen were over-ordering and selling the stuff on the side ?

Otherwise, if they've ordered a bit too much stock (still signed-off) then they simply don't order any more until they need to.

Over ordering is common in all sorts of business and most firms would address this minor problem without having to resort to sackings.

3. Obadiah

I see concern over the state of the pitch and how much money was spent on supplies. I see concern over an employee working for Hull FC when he should be working for the SMC. I see an investigation started by one person. A disciplinary hearing chaired by someone more senior and an appeal by the Vice-Chairman.

I haven't seen the evidence that is likely to determine their innocence or guilt. You may have but its not contained in the claim you posted earlier.

The evidence will be in the contracts of employment and the amount of goods bought from Taylor Rigby, pre and post the sackings. I'm sure the Tribunal will see both, especially if they favour the SMC.

I hope the groundsmen made repeated requests for a copy of the contract they signed over the past 12 months or so, but suspect they didn't. I also suspect they didn't bother read it before signing it. Something you should never do.

howdentiger and Chazz Rheinhold like this.
  4. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Keep saying it, doesn't make it true.

My flag is firmly not stuck anywhere.

I simply won't just jump on snippets of information, assume they're true and start foaming at the mouth, like you do.

I've also not defended anyone at all in this thread. Again, repeating that I have by you doesn't make that true either.

Seems a common thread among a certain type of person on here tbh. Make some **** up. Keep repeating it. Some other cockwomble will believe it, because, hey, it's on the internet, then they keep repeating it.

Still not true mind.

howdentiger likes this.
  5. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

It's still a case of not treating workers correctly when handling it though.

6. Obadiah

I have no idea as its not covered in the allegations or the claim. They have over-ordered and put it on the pitch when it didn't need it. How big a problem that is for the SMC depends on the size of the bills. Although the groundsmen were provided with a schedule of orders the amounts are not mentioned.

7. Edelman

So people are cocks then for not having faith in how the Allams treat people.???

8. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

The rights and wrongs will come out in due course. My only thought is that this would have been better handled at 99%of clubs.

9. Edelman

Yes this is the Crux isn't it.
    Nothing is handled in the right matter.
    It's all with indignation.

10. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

How?

11. Chilton's Hundreds

Chilton's Hundreds Well-Known Member

Yet the claimants state that soil samples were sent to independent labs and orders were placed depending on the results, on the advice of these labs.
    I'm sure it will all be documented.

12. Edelman

Did they treat the needs of the clubs and disabled that used the Airco Arena??

13. Chazz Rheinhold

What's that got to do with the groundsmen you just commented on?

14. Edelman

It's to do with treating people in the correct manner which it seems doesn't matter to some.

PLT likes this.
  15. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

It seems from what the claimants have said, treatment for nematodes was in accordance with independent labs results and in accordance with treatment relating to this. Ehab made a statement that they had now found a treatment that eradicated nematodes from the soil, but the Claimants said that was impossible as you can never totally eradicate them. I seem to think the claimants are right, as I remember at Hessle golf club when I was a member there, the green keeper who was a personal friend told me that their greens had the same problem, but you could only control them not totally eradicate them.

16. Obadiah

That's why you should be a member of a trade union and demand and keep a copy of your contract of employment.

Edelman and Leon T Trout AFC like this.
  17. Chazz Rheinhold

You're backtracking here.
    This is what you said.
    So what should have happened?
    Read obis posts.

18. Edelman

I don't believe a single word that Ehab speaks..
    What don't you understand about that???
    They treat people like **** and some people seem to think it's fine.

Not quite sure what you don't understand about it.

19. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Christ. You can't help yourself can you? I've never ever said that.

Are you just trolling for attention?

20. Chazz Rheinhold

Ah I thought you were making some interesting point about employment and appeals etc. now I know it's just ehabs a **** no matter what I'll ignore your posts <ok>

howdentiger likes this.